TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hole in carpet

04.5cummins

I have a hole about the size of a quarter below the gas pedal, anyone esle having wearing issues there? Car is still covered under the 3 yr, 36,000 warranty. Any reason why Ford won't cover, trying to prepare myself for a battle...

Warranty covers CRAFTSMANSHIP.

A heel wear hole in your carpet isn't due to poor crafsmanship or material.

My OPINION IS, I think they'll deny you warranty unless you're on real good terms with your Service Advisor/Mgr./Dept.

But always remember...the WORST they can say is "no" (it can't hurt to TRY!).

Good luck,

Phill

Warranty covers CRAFTSMANSHIP.

A heel wear hole in your carpet isn't due to poor crafsmanship or material.

My OPINION IS, I think they'll deny you warranty unless you're on real good terms with your Service Advisor/Mgr./Dept.

But always remember...the WORST they can say is "no" (it can't hurt to TRY!).

Good luck,

Phill

I think its got to be a material issue--either the pedal is hitting the carpet when it shouldnt even touch the carpet (workmanshp) or the carpet is wearing prematurely--you dont say how many miles on the car. I had a top replaced on a vette because it was staining (it as white)--they tried to tell me it was wear, i told them its always garaged,never in the rain, and only had a few 1000 miles on it--also remided them it wa a 60K car,and i expected more from the top. Id be pretty firm with them on it--im thinking thyll want to patch it,which may be fine

I think its got to be a material issue--either the pedal is hitting the carpet when it shouldnt even touch the carpet (workmanshp) or the carpet is wearing prematurely--you dont say how many miles on the car. I had a top replaced on a vette because it was staining (it as white)--they tried to tell me it was wear, i told them its always garaged,never in the rain, and only had a few 1000 miles on it--also remided them it wa a 60K car,and i expected more from the top. Id be pretty firm with them on it--im thinking thyll want to patch it,which may be fine

Sorry, the car has 13,500 miles

The carpet kit for 2011/12 appears to provide better protection; those with newer cars please advise. One more question, do they fit 2010?

It would seem that the heal of your foot would rest on the floor mat. How could the heal of your foot put a hole thru the floor mat and then the factory carpet ?

The area under the clutch pedal has worn on my floor mat with only 2,500 miles on it. I ordered a set of replacement mats just to have.

It would seem that the heal of your foot would rest on the floor mat. How could the heal of your foot put a hole thru the floor mat and then the factory carpet ?

The carpet kit does not cover the area directly under the go pedal...that is where my issue lies.

Kind regards

My floor mats look as new as the first day I got her and that is with 7500 miles on them.

Now my 2007 focus has a small hole in the floor mat after 4 winters of melted snow and salt wearing through it but a hole in the carpet? That gives a new meaning to the word "Lead foot".

Archived