TEAM SHELBY FORUM

American Racing Wheels

Well, I'm back on my quest to finding unique products to set my car apart from the others and I stumbled across American Racing. They have a set of wheels that I think would look fabulous on my 2011. The wheels in question are the VN427P SHELBY COBRA's. My biggest issue is the size of the rim doesn't come close enough to what I would like them in (19's or 20's). So I decided to go to the website but did not see any means of contacting them directly in hopes of receiving an answer about having a custom set done in my preferred size. Anyone know of an email address or have any contacts that could put me in touch with them via email (calls from Afghanistan are costly)? I would love to get this done to make my car unique. If I cannot get these in my preferred size, what you all think of the CS70 on a 2011 GT500?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-AMERICAN-RACING-SHELBY-GT500-WHEELS-5X114-3-FORD-/320748294543?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aae16918f

Well, I'm back on my quest to finding unique products to set my car apart from the others and I stumbled across American Racing. They have a set of wheels that I think would look fabulous on my 2011. The wheels in question are the VN427P SHELBY COBRA's. My biggest issue is the size of the rim doesn't come close enough to what I would like them in (19's or 20's). So I decided to go to the website but did not see any means of contacting them directly in hopes of receiving an answer about having a custom set done in my preferred size. Anyone know of an email address or have any contacts that could put me in touch with them via email (calls from Afghanistan are costly)? I would love to get this done to make my car unique. If I cannot get these in my preferred size, what you all think of the CS70 on a 2011 GT500?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-AMERICAN-RACING-SHELBY-GT500-WHEELS-5X114-3-FORD-/320748294543?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aae16918f

That is a BADASS idea... I would love to see what these 17's look like on our cars.

Theri website www.americanracing.com is running slow right now otherwise I would give you the number. You should be able to access it from the website. Those wheels do come in larger sizes 18/20. The offsets are not ideal. I believe the biggest problem is they do not clear the brembo brakes. I am not for sure on this but clearly they could confirm this for you. Good luck in your search and thanks for your service. Be safe.

Thanks. I guess I will be calling because I didn't see an email address for customer support. I hope this works out well or I may have to go with my second choice which are the CS70's.

try this email.... Sales@rimsntires.com

They are an American Racing dealer. They should be able to answer your questions over email. I would hate to have spend moeny on a call when this may work.

Those are nice looking rims. I'm sure they can get them in any size you want.

I bought the AR Torque Thrust IIs 20x8.5 and 20x10. 255x35 frt and 295x35 rear.

It just takes forever to get them. Good luck and may I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you do for our country. God Bless you and keep you safe.

Keep us posted on the results of your inquiry. I tried to get these exact wheels in a 19 or 20 about a year ago from American Racing. Like you, had to go thru a local retailer/dealer for info but they were able to call the factory. At that time they said they had no interest in making a larger diameter wheel. I have been thinking about going to them anyway at 17 (they put that wheel on those $150K Shelby restomods and they look pretty good) just been waiting to see is someone would do it on our newer version to take a look.

Well, I contacted Rimandtires.com and they are not able to help me, so now I'm talking to Foose to see if they can do a custom set for me. Amazingly, Rimsandtires.com wants me to inform them on my progress of getting the wheels made in 20's. I guess they want a piece of the action if I actually can get this done. I really think those American Racing Shelby wheels would look nice on the 2010 and up GT500's. More to follow.

Archived