TEAM SHELBY FORUM

looking for picture of Yellow Blaze with white stripe

richstang

As I understood initial info at the release a white stripe / roof option was availible on the yellow blaze Boss 302 in Canada only.

Can anyone confirm this either way and if so do you have any pictures to share?

As I understood initial info at the release a white stripe / roof option was availible on the yellow blaze Boss 302 in Canada only.

Can anyone confirm this either way and if so do you have any pictures to share?

Bueller.....Bueller.......Bueller.....

I haven't seen that one, however, word is (not fact yet) that yellow blaze has been discontinued and orders not built are also to be not made.

Thanks for the reply. I heard that all yellow blaze painted cars were on hold after the Japan quake (as the source of that paint color). So what you're saying sounds likely.

I'm guessing that if any yellow blaze / white striped car were built they are less than a handful. I'll keep hunting.

If you click on this link it will bring you to a page where you can download the 2012 Canadian Mustang brochure. On the page with Boss 302 colors, it does indeed show Yellow Blaze with white stripes. The color is being discontinued due to damage to a plant in Japan from the quake. It will be interesting to see how few have been or are being made with the white stripe package.

https://www.ford.ca/app/fo/tools/brochure.html?modelYearId=12712

If you click on this link it will bring you to a page where you can download the 2012 Canadian Mustang brochure. On the page with Boss 302 colors, it does indeed show Yellow Blaze with white stripes. The color is being discontinued due to damage to a plant in Japan from the quake. It will be interesting to see how few have been or are being made with the white stripe package.

https://www.ford.ca/app/fo/tools/brochure.html?modelYearId=12712

Thanks for the link!

It looks like that's the only unique color combo outside the US. I tried using their build a car option (required a postal code) but there wasn't any option for the Boss 302.

:rant2:

I also tried using their car locator but it's not user friendly and I was quickly frustrated by it operation.

:finger:

Oh well, the picture quest contiues....

worked for me! :shrug:

Which part worked for you, the 2012 PDF was not a problem to open.

I used a Canadian Postal code from the Quebec province and it kept telling me it could not locate any dealers.

The build a car section didn't show the boss 302 as an option to build.

What did I miss?

Check out this thread on the Boss Forums. Scroll down toward the end and you'll see a Canadian member stating that he has the only yellow/white Boss. You might try contacting him about pictures and any other information on the car.

http://www.boss302.com/index.php?/topic/13567-my-track-attack-day/

Check out this thread on the Boss Forums. Scroll down toward the end and you'll see a Canadian member stating that he has the only yellow/white Boss. You might try contacting him about pictures and any other information on the car.

http://www.boss302.com/index.php?/topic/13567-my-track-attack-day/

Wow, nice detective work! It does exist!

:happy feet:

I checked that site out a couple of times but came up empty. My search methods must be weak, or yours are very good. Now I'm going have to register on yet another forum. I wonder how the owner knows it's 1 of 1. It seems a bit early to make that call but maybe they know something we (I) don't. If I can get the owner to share some pictures and info I'll post them here.

Thanks for the help!

Rich

:shift:

Do post up what you find out!

I just got lucky. I haven't signed up for those forums, yet. But I do really want a Boss, and might do so in the near future. I was actually mainly interested in the Track Attack information, and I noticed the member posting up with the information on that particular car and remembered your interest and had to share what I'd found.

Do post up what you find out!

I just got lucky. I haven't signed up for those forums, yet. But I do really want a Boss, and might do so in the near future. I was actually mainly interested in the Track Attack information, and I noticed the member posting up with the information on that particular car and remembered your interest and had to share what I'd found.

Well I signed up a sent a PM to the owner. Lets see if he posts some pics and specs on his car. I asked him to post in the Yellow Blaze section so everyone could appreciate his unique Canadian only Boss.

Thanks for remembering my post, I may never have found that owner of the 1 of 1 car!

Happy to be of service. I'm excited to see shots of such a unique car as well. I finally saw a red/white Boss posted on ebay and that was kinda cool to see.It's going to be interesting to see color breakdowns once the production year has ended. Wonder if Canada will get a green/white car next year?

Happy to be of service. I'm excited to see shots of such a unique car as well. I finally saw a red/white Boss posted on ebay and that was kinda cool to see.It's going to be interesting to see color breakdowns once the production year has ended. Wonder if Canada will get a green/white car next year?

Good news; I received a reply overnight. The poster was not the owner but is trying to get him to share some pictures.

Bad news; The actual owner is a bit shy. I let his friend know I was only looking for pictures and maybe the options, nothing personal. Hopefully he will share some pictures.

Green/white sounds a good as any possible exclusive Canadian version for 2013. Unfortunately, if that yellow blaze/white was the only 1 ordered there isn't much incentive for Ford to offer another exclusive for the 2nd year run. I'm sure it won't be much longer before the "official" info is released. I wonder if they will make another 1 of 1 LS for Barrett-Jackson again this year? That 2012 Grabber blue LS is very cool!

In total agreement on the Grabber Blue LS. If they'd do a Green or Yellow LS (with Red stripes!) for the next BJ car, that would stand out...and certainly be a love it/hate it proposition. If you ever get chance check out the DST '69 Boss, it's Yellow with red interior, and the photo car for '70 was green with red interior. Both cars are in Donald Farrs new book.

If you need a postal code, use this one. Quite a few dealers near this and about six are still SVT dealers

M4L 3K1

^^

Thanks!

The contact on the Boss302 Forum mentioned he has the oppotuntiy to see all the Boss 302 window stickers issued.

So far he has only seen the one Yellow blaze / white car. He is still working on the owner to get pictures but it sounds like it is not going to be easy.

• 2 weeks later...

^^

Thanks!

The contact on the Boss302 Forum mentioned he has the oppotuntiy to see all the Boss 302 window stickers issued.

So far he has only seen the one Yellow blaze / white car. He is still working on the owner to get pictures but it sounds like it is not going to be easy.

Well since I still can't get a picture of the yellow blaze w/ white stripes yet, I made one from the ford customizer.

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/customizer/

post-31184-0-93811700-1316191171_thumb.jpg

There are all kinds of color possibities including some of the 2013 color combos. The gold boss stripes look great with a black , white even blue body.

Try it out it's very cool.

post-31184-0-93811700-1316191171_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I came across some scanned photos of the actual YB with white stripes car posted on another mustang forum.

post-31184-0-10791900-1317573651_thumb.jpg

I like it and the the fact it is not so bold and in your face compared to other existing color combos. I might not be first in line to order one but it is a very cool car none the less!

post-31184-0-10791900-1317573651_thumb.jpg

Archived