TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Advice on Parts

capueraman

Greetings friends!

I do hope I am in the correct forum, but looking to find some advice about these amazing cars.

Was looking to start a project car to use on the track. I had an interest in the Shelby GT500 Super Snake, but don't know much about the Ford line.

Would someone be able to tell me if the GT model is sufficient to convert to the Shelby line? Or is it that the Shelby model, by design, is using a different frame where the parts wouldn't sync correctly?

I ask because I notice both the GT & Shelby models seem to share the same chassis, and almost identical base engine, but I have no prior experience with these awesome autos..

Please pardon my ignorance, I do appreciate any advice on this topic.

Thank you,

Scott

Greetings friends!

I do hope I am in the correct forum, but looking to find some advice about these amazing cars.

Was looking to start a project car to use on the track. I had an interest in the Shelby GT500 Super Snake, but don't know much about the Ford line.

Would someone be able to tell me if the GT model is sufficient to convert to the Shelby line? Or is it that the Shelby model, by design, is using a different frame where the parts wouldn't sync correctly?

I ask because I notice both the GT & Shelby models seem to share the same chassis, and almost identical base engine, but I have no prior experience with these awesome autos..

Please pardon my ignorance, I do appreciate any advice on this topic.

Thank you,

Scott

The Mustang is built in Flat Rock bodies are the same other than engine , tranny suspension & trim are different between the the G.T & Shelby G.T 500.

The Mustang is built in Flat Rock bodies are the same other than engine , tranny suspension & trim are different between the the G.T & Shelby G.T 500.

The GT500 has more welds on the body. So it is a littlie stiffer then the Mustang GT.

Any Shelby is a great choice and all models give you chances to customize them to suit your personallity.

And at this point in time they're are some great deals out there!

:shift:

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent, thank you for the replies gentlemen, their much appreciated!!

As of now I'm still in the open, but was looking to purchase 07 Shelby with 3,245 miles @ $28,990 from Dealer..

Does/Did anyone ever have any problems with this year? How are parts for older models, are they difficult to find?

Would someone be able to tell me what sister years this model falls between, for example will parts for 05-08 be suitable enough?

Archived