TEAM SHELBY FORUM

droid-bluetooth

Torched10

I bought a smartphoine a few weeks ago and really love it.I always use it in bluetooth mode when im driving the shelby so i can answer phone calls and not worry about shifting.I noticed though that if im in direction mode on the smartphone,and im getting dricing directions in a voice mode, the sound is muted.In looking at it yesterday, when its in bluetooth mode the sound is supposed to comethru the shelby sync system--i cant figure out how to do that-have any of you figured it out--I dont have the GPS?Nav system in my car---thanks

I bought a smartphoine a few weeks ago and really love it.I always use it in bluetooth mode when im driving the shelby so i can answer phone calls and not worry about shifting.I noticed though that if im in direction mode on the smartphone,and im getting dricing directions in a voice mode, the sound is muted.In looking at it yesterday, when its in bluetooth mode the sound is supposed to comethru the shelby sync system--i cant figure out how to do that-have any of you figured it out--I dont have the GPS?Nav system in my car---thanks

Have you tried using either a USB cable or a mini-jack cable for the interface, rather than the Bluetooth?

I know that with my Factory Nav system, the volume control has to be set WHILE JILL IS TALKING.

So for instance, if my radio is at...let's say "5" and Jill starts talking but she's at 1 or 2, I can barely hear her. So WHILE SHE'S TALKKING I use the steering wheel volume control and raise HER voice. It doesn't raise the radio volume, only the NAV volume.

Oh, and now that I think about it, same with my Smartphone (HTC Thunderbolt) volume when on the phone via Bluetooth. It has a separate volume setting that only gets set when in use.

Try that, use your volume control WHEN YOUR NAV IS TALKING. The one on the wheel (I've never tried it with the one on the dash).

HTH,

Phill

Phil thanks--i use a zune for listening to music, the smartphone for phone, and the only interface for that is a Bluetooth.Im not getting any sound at all when i am usimg the directions app on my smartphone.It works fine when i dont have the blue tooth paired to sync, but if bluetooth is on, nothing.Im thinkig i have to find a way to have sync play the smartphone voice as opposed to the zune music.Im going to sit in the car tomoorw and fool with sync and see if i can find ot how to play it thru sync

ok i researched it more,talked with Vz and cam up with this conclusion--- The droid has a glitch i its software--if im running bluetooth AND Zune or any other music app like Ipod, if you try to use the Googla Nav app, which is great BTW, the voice turn by turn will not interrupt the music app and will play thru the headset--it will be fixed but in future0the fix is to lower the volume on the music app, like when you get a call---bob

Kinda of funny you spelled SMARTphone wrong, lol.....Anyways I have the incredible Droid phone and use it all the time in my Shelby, I use it mainly for my music that is streamed over , also use it for directions which speaks clearly over the cars speakers and I answer calls all the time,,,,works beautifully every time. My phone is paired with my car and I do all the functions through bluetooth,, I even listen to stuff on you tube sometimes. So if you can't do all this with your Droid, something is def. Wrong. I would check and make sure your media volume on the phone is all the way up for starters. GL.

Kinda of funny you spelled SMARTphone wrong, lol.....Anyways I have the incredible Droid phone and use it all the time in my Shelby, I use it mainly for my music that is streamed over , also use it for directions which speaks clearly over the cars speakers and I answer calls all the time,,,,works beautifully every time. My phone is paired with my car and I do all the functions through bluetooth,, I even listen to stuff on you tube sometimes. So if you can't do all this with your Droid, something is def. Wrong. I would check and make sure your media volume on the phone is all the way up for starters. GL.

typo is remants of a stroke--ill try harder.

On the droid issue, ive. adjusted the volume all the way up and its mute--it says as i adjusted the volume, playing thru the headset.Are you using a headset,because the Vz folks rold me about the software issue i postedThe key is if you have the bluetooth connected to sync as a phone AND your getting directions from google navigation and you have an app like a zune or Ipod--is that what your doing --it sound slike your using the droid for music,which is not what Im doing--thanks

typo is remants of a stroke--ill try harder.

On the droid issue, ive. adjusted the volume all the way up and its mute--it says as i adjusted the volume, playing thru the headset.Are you using a headset,because the Vz folks rold me about the software issue i postedThe key is if you have the bluetooth connected to sync as a phone AND your getting directions from google navigation and you have an app like a zune or Ipod--is that what your doing --it sound slike your using the droid for music,which is not what Im doing--thanks

I'm not using a headset,,no app like zune, but then again I get everything done just through bluetooth,there s nothing else to be had, directions, phone calls,music, all voice activated through the sync, hands free....simple as that.

I'm not using a headset,,no app like zune, but then again I get everything done just through bluetooth,there s nothing else to be had, directions, phone calls,music, all voice activated through the sync, hands free....simple as that.

interesting but not responsive--still have original question.is anyone running an Ipad or zune app while hooked up with bluetooth, AND trying to use the google Nav app on a smartphone--if you are are you getting voice--thanks

Archived