TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Battery change

No...............you won't lose the tune. I changed mine out for a Optima Red Top battery, just cause it looks kooler.

And because of the milliamp draw that the critters are known for, your battery will die prematurely again if you store it.

I got a battery disconnect (blade style) and everytime I park it, I disconnect it. Saves the drain on your battery.

In 4 years of disconnecting, never lost the programming.

No...............you won't lose the tune. I changed mine out for a Optima Red Top battery, just cause it looks kooler.

Thank you all for your assistance. I feel better :yahoo: about changing the battery now that I know the tune will not be lost. I also use a battery tender in the winter on the GT-H.

Additionally I use a battery disconnect on my Jag to do battle with the “Lucas Monster” along with a battery tender (24/7) . 3 years of intense battles and I am proud to claim that I am winning the battle :rip: .

Additionally I use a battery disconnect on my Jag to do battle with the "Lucas Monster" along with a battery tender (24/7) . 3 years of intense battles and I am proud to claim that I am winning the battle :rip: .

LOL!

"Lucas Monster"!

The Brits have had their moments with electrical circuits, huh?

Luckily Jags are cool enough to tolerate the hassle... what model do you have?

Jer

LOL!

"Lucas Monster"!

The Brits have had their moments with electrical circuits, huh?

Luckily Jags are cool enough to tolerate the hassle... what model do you have?

Jer

Jer

1985 XJ 6, White with Blood red interior it has been in the family since new, only 50,106 miles, really fun car to drive (close to home!). It has the same engine as an XKE and handles fantastic- a little heavy but real sweet ride. Some day maybe an XKE to keep it company.

Rich

Jer

1985 XJ 6, White with Blood red interior it has been in the family since new, only 50,106 miles, really fun car to drive (close to home!). It has the same engine as an XKE and handles fantastic- a little heavy but real sweet ride. Some day maybe an XKE to keep it company.

Rich

Mmmmmmmmmmmm... great ride. Good for you.

Jer

I will be replacing my battery soon on my 2007 GT-H, when I disconnect the cables will I lose the Shelby Tune?

Any suggestions on a replacement?

Rich

Its not correct and doesn't look right unless you get the fake cover but I finally have to admit that Interstate batteries are the best. Yea, Optima's are good but have a flaw, they cannot be charged so once they lose any kind of draw they're toast. Now that is unless Optima fixed that issue

Archived