TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Shelby GT

rr6201

About how much can i sell my 2008 shelby gt with only 7000 miles inperfect condition

List more information about the car, options, history, etc... it may help.

Jer

I have seen them in the last 2 months on E-Bay in the range of $27,000 to $37,000. The ultimate answer is what you are willing to sell for and what a willing buyer will pay. I am certain that it is a better investment than the stock market. I have heard of investors making their cars their IRA. That sounds like a good marketing idea. You could have fun with your retirement before retirement. That is a lot more fun than looking at a piece of paper. Enjoy your car and get what it deserves. :shift: :happy feet:

rr6201, that's a hard question to answer. It all depends on how bad you want to sell it, and how bad someone else wants to buy it. On one hand, that is a pretty limited run car. There aren't that many for sale that you can compare yours to. On the other hand, not many people really know what the car is, especially dealers. Some will even argue that it isn't a real Shelby, but don't let someone convince you it's just a regular Mustang. I've seen asking prices all over, but selling prices I'm not sure about. I wouldn't put much stock in the website that cobradad provided. (not blaming him, he's trying to help) Did you guys read those ads? I would be very suspect of what is written there. First, despite claiming to be from all over the country, all the ads read like they've been written by the same person. Second, they all have errors, like a blue 2007 Shelby GT, a tungsten 2007 with black top, several with red or blue stripes, and most had 6 speed transmissions. It just proves how little people know about the cars, and how people add the name Shelby just to try to make a buck. I'm not sure our cars really have any collector value just yet. To most people, they're just used Mustangs with stickers. Some day, the real collectors will come forward, but it will be awhile, and I doubt they'll ever gain the legendary status of the ones from the 60's. I think their greatest value is in the enjoyment we can gain from them right now. We know how special they are. That's all that matters.

+1.

As you can see, everyone pretty much has said the same thing.

What you want to get for it vs what someone wants to buy it for.

that site I mentioned did have alot of errors true but all one has to

do is make a search as the previous post mentioned and you will

find asking prices all over. Even KBB, Edmunds and the rest have

various prices. IMHO, Unless you really need the money, keep the car

and enjoy the ride. We have some awesome (thumbs up from spectators)

rides with a rich tradition behind them.

CC

It all depends on how much your willing to accept for it and someone else is willing to buy it for.

I was trying to find another SGT and ran across this link Used mustang shelby GT for sale

which has several '07 and '08 cars for sale.

Something struck me as fishy about those ads until I realized that they're almost all for GT500s - the fact that most all of the listings mentioned 6-speed transmissions caught my eye.

I'd do a search of completed listings on eBay - you can get a pretty decent feel for what the cars have actually sold for.

And, of course, check the listings here on the TS site.

• 3 weeks later...

I have seen them in the last 2 months on E-Bay in the range of $27,000 to $37,000. The ultimate answer is what you are willing to sell for and what a willing buyer will pay. I am certain that it is a better investment than the stock market. I have heard of investors making their cars their IRA. That sounds like a good marketing idea. You could have fun with your retirement before retirement. That is a lot more fun than looking at a piece of paper. Enjoy your car and get what it deserves. :shift: :happy feet:

Before you cash in your retirement to buy a car, ought to check with the CPA . . . :(

From wikinvest:

"A self-directed IRA is subject to the same taxes as a traditional IRA, however it can incur additional taxes depending on its investments. The primary caveat of a self-directed IRA is that it cannot hold any assets that are employed for the owner’s personal benefit or are used for the benefit of the owner’s lineal family or spouse. For example, an IRA-owned property cannot be rented to a family member. If any asset held in a self-directed IRA has been employed for personal use or for the gain of any other personal benefit, it can become immediately taxable.

Limited by the same IRS restrictions as a traditional IRA, self-directed IRAs are not allowed to invest in:

Collectibles - Art, antiques, baseball cards, coins, stamps, wine, cars, etc.

Life Insurance Benefits

The primary disadvantage of a self-directed IRA is the increased risk associated with allowing IRA funds to be invested in almost any security. Traditional IRAs are usually invested in traditional securities that have some form of regulation (i.e. stocks, bonds), but the freedom of self-directed IRAs allows the fund to be invested in less regulated investments (i.e. private stock, foreign real estate) that potentially pose greater risk."

• 3 weeks later...

Something struck me as fishy about those ads until I realized that they're almost all for GT500s - the fact that most all of the listings mentioned 6-speed transmissions caught my eye.

I'd do a search of completed listings on eBay - you can get a pretty decent feel for what the cars have actually sold for.

And, of course, check the listings here on the TS site.

Amazing how all the GT 500's now want to claim to be a Shelby GT.

[/size]

Archived