TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 H-pipe on a 2010 with stock manifolds

PistolWhip

The title says it all. Has anyone tried using the stock 2011+ H-pipe on a 2010 with stock manifolds? I have a JBA Super Snake cat back which has 3" pipes all the way back. I was going to just have my stock X pipe modified to fit into the 3" axle pipes, but I've been considering trying the 2011 H instead. I want to maintain cats and the stock style pipe would be fine for me, but if I don't have to mod my X and can just bolt up the 2011 H, id much rather do that. I'm just not sure if the 11 H-pipe is the same as the 10 other than size alone (and obviously being an H instead of X).

Any input on this would be helpful and appreciated.

I know the 2011+ have improved exhaust manifolds but I'm not sure if the flange is the same.

Lethal Performance has a different part numbers for their 2010 ORX and 2011 ORX

I'd give Lethal a call since they should be able to answer your question.

Yeah I guess I can give that a shot. I know the part numbers are different, but just the size of the pipe would lend to a different part number, so that didn't really convince me that the 11+ pipe completely not fit. The difference in manifolds is really what concerns me. If no one knows here, I may end up just calling them and asking what they think. I'd hate to call them and bother them for info when I'm not buying anything from them though, I feel like a shmuck doing that.

Yeah I guess I can give that a shot. I know the part numbers are different, but just the size of the pipe would lend to a different part number, so that didn't really convince me that the 11+ pipe completely not fit. The difference in manifolds is really what concerns me. If no one knows here, I may end up just calling them and asking what they think. I'd hate to call them and bother them for info when I'm not buying anything from them though, I feel like a shmuck doing that.

Did you figure this out yet? I was toying with the same idea a while back but ended up going with a MRT catted h for my 2010. Still interested though.

Archived