TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Has anyone put the same size tire on all four corners?

owenkelley

At 22,000 miles our tires are getting close to needing to be replaced on our '07 GT500. Has anyone put the same size all the way around so they can be rotated? If so, what size did you go with? Has anyone found raised white letter tires in 18 inches?

Thanks for your help!

At 22,000 miles our tires are getting close to needing to be replaced on our '07 GT500. Has anyone put the same size all the way around so they can be rotated? If so, what size did you go with? Has anyone found raised white letter tires in 18 inches?

Thanks for your help!

I put 285's all around. No problem with clearance.

Once I get new wheels, I will put 305's all around.

I have a friend that put 285's all around, and you can forget performance driving. Im sure highway cruising is fine, but drag racing and road courses suck with 285s in the front I hear.

I've got 285 track tires all around. used the both on the bunny and the SGTSC on the track

eek5.gif

And there is a guy in OK that has 295s all around for the track - he's doing pretty well

http://www.hallettracing.net/pdf/commacomments_july2011.pdf

Not on a GT500 though, its a different animal with the extra weight...

Dont get me wrong, it SEEMS like you should get better handling, but it really slows the responsiveness of steering, or so it seemed to me when I tried it. Thats why I still have 285/18s sitting by my barn from that experiment.

I went with 275/35-18 all around because I track the car and wanted to be able to rotate them. I couldn't get the 285 to clear up front. It was too close to the brake line bracket at full drop and too close for comfort to the strut. The 275/35-18 are about 1 inch smaller in diameter than the stock tire. You can see a difference with how they fill the wheel well. The advantge is that it now gives me a 3.90 effective axle ratio which is perfect for the track I drive. It also feels good on the street. 275/40 is also avaliable if you dont want the exact stock tire size. They are larger in diameter than the 275/35.

• 5 months later...

I put 275x40s all around on my KR with Nitto NT01 tires for road course runs. Cut seconds off my time and had no handling problems at all. The Nittos are great tires for road courses but don't come in actual sizes on production GT500s. Also switched the crappy Goodyear F1 tires to Nitto INVOs using 255x45 on front and 275x40 on rear with noticeable improvement in both ride and interior noise. Try it....you won't be sorry.

275 - 40 18s all the way round on my 06 GT on GT500 wheels - works great and I can rotate.

285-35 19s on my 350 F+R - works great also

Both have Hankook Ventus V12 K110 Evos - can't say enough about this tire for both street and track.

Archived