TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replacement Stripes from American Muscle?

So I believe my rear bumper stripes have gotten a head start on the rest of the car for the dreaded spotting. Pics later..

That said, I saw these at American Muscle today. Any odds they are the same color/material/size as the SGT stripes?... I know... probably not, but sure would be cool if they were!

I think its a long shot for them to match, two reasons one because they are right below you trunk stripes and they may have aged / faded and two they may be close but off a shade or two. Have you called Shelby to see what a new rear section of stripes will cost you?

I think its a long shot for them to match, two reasons one because they are right below you trunk stripes and they may have aged / faded and two they may be close but off a shade or two. Have you called Shelby to see what a new rear section of stripes will cost you?

Ya, I would envision doing the whole car, but that messes with the hood scoop sooooo... no way I'm screwing with that.

No, I haven't called them yet. But I envision the call going something like this...

Me - So can I order just the rear bumper stripes for my SGT?

SPP - MUAHAHAAA...

Me - Hello?

SPP - MUAHAHAAA...

Me - So no?

SPP - OMG, that is so funny... Stop it! I'm dying over here!

Me - ok, thanks.

Also looking for replacement stripes. Have read somewhere on here about Decal Shoppe in Surprise Arizona. Can anyone confirm that they match the SGT silver? I'd prefer not to do the whole car, as it is mainly the rear that is messed up.

Give them a call. I replaced my entire car (GT-H) with their stripes and was very satisfied with them.

625-546-0710

http://www.decalshoppe.com/home_page

Just had my roof stripes done by a local shop.

They match up great.

I'll have to look at the bill to see, who they are made by and the exact color.

Also the ones from American Muscle are 10 inch stripes.

For some reason I'm thinking the ones on our cars might be 9 inchs wide.

Ya, I would envision doing the whole car, but that messes with the hood scoop sooooo... no way I'm screwing with that.

No, I haven't called them yet. But I envision the call going something like this...

SPP - MUAHAHAAA...

Me - Hello?

SPP - MUAHAHAAA...

Me - So no?

Me - ok, thanks.

:hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

That was the funniest thing I've read in a while. Thanks for the chuckle. While reading this I envisioned Dr. Evil playing the part of SPP with the MUAHAHAAA.

Give them a call. I replaced my entire car (GT-H) with their stripes and was very satisfied with them.

625-546-0710

http://www.decalshoppe.com/home_page

A little caution here. The gold GT-H stripes correct for the car are not available through commercial graphics shops. The available color is either one shade too gold or one shade too green. While the car will look nice, when you go to a car show and sit next to a GT-H with original color stripes you may be disappointed. Personally I lean for the original color but each to his/her own when making modifications to their cars. Just an opinion, , regards, Larry

A little caution here. The gold GT-H stripes correct for the car are not available through commercial graphics shops. The available color is either one shade too gold or one shade too green. While the car will look nice, when you go to a car show and sit next to a GT-H with original color stripes you may be disappointed. Personally I lean for the original color but each to his/her own when making modifications to their cars. Just an opinion, , regards, Larry

Just paint them on and get the scoop done so the car actually looks like a "new" car, that you can actually take it to show and not have people ask it came that way, with a cheesy stripe up the center of the scoop and dull stripes and scoop. So tired of these issues!!!

Just paint them on and get the scoop done so the car actually looks like a "new" car, that you can actually take it to show and not have people ask it came that way, with a cheesy stripe up the center of the scoop and dull stripes and scoop. So tired of these issues!!!

Well, to each his own... or to each his own pocketbook. I'd certainly paint the stripes on my car... if it didn't cost like $3000+. In the meantime... some replacement vinyl will do just fine.

SPP - MUAHAHAAA...

Me - Hello?

SPP - MUAHAHAAA...

Me - So no?

Me - ok, thanks.

You know, if SA would just give us the name of the local vendor, we could buy from them.....but wait...they have to mark up 150%!!!!!!

Larry, you are correct in that they are not the EXACT color, but in my opinion VERY close. I parked last weekend next to a GT-H vert, (pics later) and they were not that much off. I think mine look nicer than the deeper gold, but to each his own.

i just cant see paying $1000 for original stripes plus install, for something that will fade again. my $300 stripes are great and when imready to retire the car, and restore (dings, etc, new black paint) i will just have painted on.

You know, if SA would just give us the name of the local vendor, we could buy from them.....but wait...they have to mark up 150%!!!!!!

Not just that. It is a control thing. Which is understandable sort of.

SA wants total control of all SA installed parts.

Need your stripes repaired under warranty, the dealer has to take pictures and send them to SA for the nod or head shake.

Need a muffler replaced because the hanger broke, the dealer has to contact SA and get the nod to replace it.

Need your warped scoop replaced (twice), the dealership takes pictures and sends them to SA for the nod or head shake.

So far those are the only experiences I have had with SA and fortunately each time for me they gave the dealership the head nod instead of a shake.

Other than the seemingly long delay in getting approval SA has done me right. So far, so good.

CC

No local vendor but you are free to go to any shop and have them duplicated.

Roger

I AM ASTOUNDED. I just got this information back from Shelby... OMMFG... $950?! For Vinyl stripes?! What are they Platinum inlayed?

SGT900 Complete Stripe Kit $950.00

Here’s the breakdown of the stripes that come in the kit & cost of if purchased separately:

SGT901 Front Fascia Stripe $79.00

SGT902 Hood Stripe $277.70

SGT903 Roof Stripe $250.00

SGT904 Rear/Trunk Fascia Stripe $262.10

SGT905 Side Stripe $237.70

And they are over $1100 if you buy them individually!!! Did someone say 150% markup? Try more like about 600% markup!!! This is just flat out ridiculous!

That's the price of exclusivity. Only the genuine Shelby stripes will provide the rusty patina, ensuring the originality of the vehicle.

That's right. It's the only way to PROVE it's an original. Collector's want original, not replaced items on collectable cars.

That's right. It's the only way to PROVE it's an original. Collector's want original, not replaced items on collectable cars.

Yes, except Ford doesn't charge 600% mark-up for the OEM alternator that I would have to PROVE is original. It's extreme and opportunistic price gouging at it's finest. Especially when it's replacing a sub-quality product they shouldn't have used in the first place.

I AM ASTOUNDED. I just got this information back from Shelby... OMMFG... $950?! For Vinyl stripes?! What are they Platinum inlayed?

SGT900 Complete Stripe Kit $950.00

Here’s the breakdown of the stripes that come in the kit & cost of if purchased separately:

SGT901 Front Fascia Stripe $79.00

SGT902 Hood Stripe $277.70

SGT903 Roof Stripe $250.00

SGT904 Rear/Trunk Fascia Stripe $262.10

SGT905 Side Stripe $237.70

And they are over $1100 if you buy them individually!!! Did someone say 150% markup? Try more like about 600% markup!!! This is just flat out ridiculous!

Those are ridiculous prices .

I only paid 100 to get my roof stripes redone, 50 for the stripes and 50 for install.

This place sells sets for 325 or 525 depending on the quality.

http://automorphosis.net/2005-09-Shelby-GT-GT-H-stripe-kit-SGT.htm

Yes, except Ford doesn't charge 600% mark-up for the OEM alternator that I would have to PROVE is original. It's extreme and opportunistic price gouging at it's finest. Especially when it's replacing a sub-quality product they shouldn't have used in the first place.

Perhaps but when it comes to GT500 stripes:

2000A Side Stripes: $107

2000B Lower Front Facia: $48

2000C Bumper Front: $90

2000D Front Bumper Upper: $83

2000E Hood: $320

2000F Roof: $234

2000G Rear Deck: $130

2000H Spoiler: $130

2000J Rear Marker Lamp Upper: $87

2000K Rear Marker Lamp Lower: $87

2000L Rear Deck: $127

2000M Rear Facia: $129

Total: $1,572

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/CatalogResults.aspx?y=2008&m=Ford&mo=Mustang#&&/wEXAQUHaGlzdG9yeQUEdHJ1ZbeJQwrDnn1brKWLK+LH7viyyDAr

But has been pointed out, you are free to go have them made elsewhere, using what ever material you like at a price you feel more comfortable paying.

Archived