TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installing Shelby Gauges with Whipple?

Jer

The fuel block adaptor for the Shelby Fuel Pressure gauge is pretty tall. With the Whipple tube going right over it, there isn't any room.

I have the stock fuel rails, and it looks pretty close, (if not impossible) to get this block under the regulator and NOT have clearance issues.

I've heard that some owners have shut the hood and broken things, and a tech recommended I get "the relocation kit Whipple sells". I called them, and the receptionist wouldn't let me talk to a tech, just said "It's $180". She said they had no pictures of it, install guide, NOTHING to show me. "Just order it", pretty much.

So, I'm not really excited about another $180, when I could get new fuel rails that would probably HAVE a spot for the Auto Meter sender to just screw on. More money, but feels like a much more elegant solution, and a better place to put $ than in a "workaround" for a gauge.

Has anyone done this installation?

Can any Whipple owners with gauges go eyeball their car and report back?

Pix of mine below...

Thanks,

Jer

Regulator.jpg

Fuel Block.jpg

Regulator.jpg

Fuel Block.jpg

The fuel block adaptor for the Shelby Fuel Pressure gauge is pretty tall. With the Whipple tube going right over it, there isn't any room.

I have the stock fuel rails, and it looks pretty close, (if not impossible) to get this block under the regulator and NOT have clearance issues.

I've heard that some owners have shut the hood and broken things, and a tech recommended I get "the relocation kit Whipple sells". I called them, and the receptionist wouldn't let me talk to a tech, just said "It's $180". She said they had no pictures of it, install guide, NOTHING to show me. "Just order it", pretty much.

So, I'm not really excited about another $180, when I could get new fuel rails that would probably HAVE a spot for the Auto Meter sender to just screw on. More money, but feels like a much more elegant solution, and a better place to put $ than in a "workaround" for a gauge.

Pix of mine below...

Thanks,

Jer

Really, NO REPLIES?

Jer

My car has this relocation kit from Whipple. I looked into the fuel rails also and it would cost more doing this. My car is a 2008 and this kit was supplied with the installation. If you go this route use caution with o-rings they tear easy and the dealerships I dealt with do not sell replacements. I am on vacation at this moment and can supply you with pictures later this week. I just finished my kit a few weeks ago and like the gauge kit but found it challenging at best. -Kevin

Pix of mine below...

Thanks,

Jer

post-12143-0-77738200-1313455684_thumb.jpg

post-12143-0-38997700-1313455692_thumb.jpg

Solution: Have SA do it. ;)

Solution: Have SA do it. ;)

LOL

Jer

My car has this relocation kit from Whipple. I looked into the fuel rails also and it would cost more doing this. My car is a 2008 and this kit was supplied with the installation. If you go this route use caution with o-rings they tear easy and the dealerships I dealt with do not sell replacements. I am on vacation at this moment and can supply you with pictures later this week. I just finished my kit a few weeks ago and like the gauge kit but found it challenging at best. -Kevin

Thanks, Kevin! Much appreciated!

Jer

As promised are a few photos of the relocation kit. With this kit installed there is no clearance issues. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions about installing the gauge kit drop me a line. -Kevin

DSC02794A.JPGDSC02795A.JPGDSC02794A.JPG

DSC02792A.JPG

DSC02792A.JPG

DSC02794A.JPG

DSC02795A.JPG

As promised are a few photos of the relocation kit. With this kit installed there is no clearance issues. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions about installing the gauge kit drop me a line. -Kevin

DSC02794A.JPGDSC02795A.JPGDSC02794A.JPG

Kevin,

These photos are PERFECT, than you VERY much for going to the trouble. You cleared up my confusion!

I AM surprised to see that sell for $180... but it's a "limited audience" part, so I guess it's gonna be kinda spendy.

Now I just need to decide whether to go this route or swap out fuel rails.

MUCH APPRECIATED, KEVIN!

Jer

Jer,

If you ever need help from Whipple contact Mike Malicoat, he has always been extremely helpful.

Michael@whipplesuperchargers.com

Ph. 559-442-1261

Fax. 559-442-4153

Good Luck

Andrew

Thanks, Andrew!

Jer

765452-R1-24-1A.jpg :camera:

Slightly confused.

I was under the impression that the Metco/Shelby rails had a spare port (front of passenger side rail?) to screw the AutoMeter sender directly into, so I wouldn't need that fuel block "add on" at ALL.

" Two 1/8" NPT ports are located at the front of the passenger side rail to facillitate the installation of a fuel pressure gauge, to provide a fuel supply for a nitrous system, or both. Pipe plugs are included to seal any unused ports. "

Jer

Do your research on these rails because if that is where you are going to have to mount the fuel block the air intake tube may still be in the way like in my situation. Richard submitted great photos but his intake tube comes in from the front. As you stated the description of the fuel rails state there is supposed to be a spot to mount the fuel pressure sending unit. This was the reason for me wanting to buy the fuel rails. -Kevin

Archived