TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT-C Hood pins

Which type of hood pins were installed on the GT-C ?

Mine are in bad shape one of the rings has come apart and the plates are scratched up.

Looked in the unique parts list and there are different part numbers for 2007 and 2008.

Sent emails (with pics)to Shelby and Ford and the tell me I have 07 model pins.

The ones on the car look to be stainless steel and are installed with rivets.

I have the same ones, from what I understood all the GO cars got the plates while the Vista Blue cars received the billet Shelby models

That is correct Dwain, The SGT-C was actually produced in 2007 (may-july) and sold as a 2008 model, they were the first ones converted for the 2008 run, so they have that plate. This was one of the first mods I did, I replaced them with the billet pins.

If I could replace them with the new ones I would go with the new ones and use the aluminum screws that Randy suggested.

GG

+1

The only thing that struck me as strange was that Bill said the plates

were attached with rivets. Was that just done on the GO cars?

As far as I knew the '07 SGT's all had screws holding down the plates.

CC

+1

The only thing that struck me as strange was that Bill said the plates

were attached with rivets. Was that just done on the GO cars?

As far as I knew the '07 SGT's all had screws holding down the plates.

CC

Yes mine are attached with rivets. They look to be aluminum,since there is no corrosion.

Dwain, are your plates riveted on?

Yes mine are attached with rivets. They look to be aluminum,since there is no corrosion.

Dwain, are your plates riveted on?

Yes, mine are riveted also.

• 1 year later...

My plates were scratched. I drilled out the rivets and sand blasted the plates to give a satin appearance and hide the scratches. Then I loosened the shaft and raised the "bolt". By doing this, the pin does not scratch the plate again. Only when used alone, does the pin need to be pressed against the hood. Hope that helps. By the way, the satin texture more closely resembles the stripes.You may find that the backside of the plates looks like new, so you can flip it.

My plates were scratched. I drilled out the rivets and sand blasted the plates to give a satin appearance and hide the scratches. Then I loosened the shaft and raised the "bolt". By doing this, the pin does not scratch the plate again. Only when used alone, does the pin need to be pressed against the hood. Hope that helps. By the way, the satin texture more closely resembles the stripes.You may find that the backside of the plates looks like new, so you can flip it.

Post some pictures.

My plates were screwed down and were stainless steel. I replaced them with the Shelby billet aluminum. I didn't want any corrosion to get started due to the dissimular metals(aluminum hood & stainless plates).

Archived