TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LASAAC Car Show - September 17th - Santa Monica Pier

venomous67

Hey guy and gals, formally (finally!) announcing the Los Angele Shelby American Automobile Club's 7th Annual Tony Sousa Car Show to be held September 17th, 10am until 3pm (rain or shine). Venue will once again be the Santa Monica Pier. Space is limited to about 100 cars so if you're interested, get your registration in early to ensure you have a spot. Hard copies of the registration forms were mailed out last week to club members and prior show attendees. Registration fee is $30 for LASAAC members and $40 for non-members. All entrants get a free event t-shirt and dash plaque. For more info, please visit our club website www.LASAAC.org.

This year's special guests will be automotive legend, Bob bondurant and author, photographer, actor Tim Considine.

Click the link below for more info and the registration form...

2011 car show registration form

Hey guy and gals, formally (finally!) announcing the Los Angele Shelby American Automobile Club's 7th Annual Tony Sousa Car Show to be held September 17th, 10am until 3pm (rain or shine). Venue will once again be the Santa Monica Pier. Space is limited to about 100 cars so if you're interested, get your registration in early to ensure you have a spot. Hard copies of the registration forms were mailed out last week to club members and prior show attendees. Registration fee is $30 for LASAAC members and $40 for non-members. All entrants get a free event t-shirt and dash plaque. For more info, please visit our club website www.LASAAC.org.

This year's special guests will be automotive legend, Bob bondurant and author, photographer, actor Tim Considine.

Click the link below for more info and the registration form...

2011 car show registration form

Thanks for the update and link. This show is a must do for those who have not attended before. Great venue, cars and people all in one.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

A big Thanks to the gang at LASAAC for a fantastic event. The Tony Sousa Car Show was a huge success. I had a blast visiting with all the great people and was thrilled to meet Bob Bondurant. Getting a chance to hear his great stories from the early days of racing was a high point for me.

Thanks again for a perfect day.

Got to try out our new 16 megapixel camera out, it takes some amazing shots in full resolution.

Another great day at the Pier...Enjoy

100_0054.jpg

100_0055.jpg

100_0056.jpg

Dan digging through the goody bag...

100_0062.jpg

100_0063.jpg

Mike's new Boss

100_0077.jpg

100_0078.jpg

100_0086.jpg

Guest of honor Bob Bondurant and his wife

100_0052.jpg

And checking out Alex's vert.

100_0049.jpg

Next up, some of the winners.

Dan

Bill's 1st place trophy

100_0092-1.jpg

Molly accepted for Ken, also a 1st place winner

100_0093-1.jpg

Michael McGuirk taking a 2nd place win

100_0095-1.jpg

Alex winning 1st in his category

100_0096-1.jpg

Dan winning a 1st with the awesome Cobra of his

100_0099-1.jpg

And Tom, filling in for Rick (pottydr), accepting his 2nd place win

100_0100-1.jpg

Also winning first in his category was Tom Raber, but the pic didn't come out. Sorry Tom.

I didn't win a trophy, but that's OK, cause I scored a $100 gift certificate for Shelby Performance Parts during the drawing. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Dan

After we left the show, Laura, our daughter Erica, and I cruised up PCH to Malibu and came across Pepperdine University's 9-11 memorial.

100_0102.jpg

100_0107.jpg

100_0103.jpg

100_0106.jpg

100_0115.jpg

100_0116.jpg

You might be able to see that there are not only American flags, but they also included the countries flags of those killed too. It was quite a site to see cruising up the coastline.

Since they put up the memorial, people have been stopping on the side of the road taking photos, like us. It was a nice memorial on what happened 10 years ago.

Dan

I had a great time as well. Awesome TS turn-out, plus a number of our crew got well deserved awards.

Thanx Dan & Alex for taking all of those great pix, as I only managed to take but a few.... The ones at the Pepperdine memorial are stunning

Also, Thanx to Randy & Chris of LA SAAC for doing a great job, and having it at such a unique venue.

Here is one pic of my two ladies :camera:

Pier.JPG

Pier.JPG

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Unfortunately, working the show doesn't permit me enough time to get out and talk to everyone. Just want to say thanks to all who came out to the show - a great turnout of Team Shelby guys. When combined with the vintage Shelby cars, over half the cars in attendance (not counting the replica cars) had Shelby DNA.

Thanks again.

Chris

It was great to see the cars, we arrived just as it was ending and watched the cars pull out, wished my cameras battery hadn't expired! It always a great show!

Doc Scott

Doc you should have let us know you were in town!

Special thanks to everyone who attended our show. It is more than a car show because the event gives us an opportunity to honor Tony Sousa and his special spirit as a lover of Shelby American made cars. We had some very special cars and special guests, Bob Bobdurant, Tim Considine, John Morton, Joe Frietas and Charlie Agapiou. Where else can you go to a fantastic venue, see beautiful and historic cars, hear stories from the people who made history and hang out with your friends! On top of all of that we made money for our LAPD toy drive charity.

We hope everyone had a great day! Randy

Archived