TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tanabanana’s new Shelby GT500

Grabber

Mr's Grabbers Shifter ball from https://www.speeddawg.com/ arrived today. It was very easy to install and is a very nice mod for $69.95 + shipping. If you order one of these, call the number on the website and talk to Chris. He is very customer oriented. Very good communicator on the order status and shipping status. It took a little while to get but the quality really worth the wait. This color combo is not in their catalog so it was a custom order. The series of shifter stripes is called "racing Series". The stripes are just like the ones on our lower door panels. Check it out .

044.jpg

042.jpg

034-1.jpg

040.jpg

024-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

006-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice mods Tana.

I really like the shifter knob in a colour. Red suits your GT500.

Way to go Secondo! :happy feet:

Now I know my next mod! :happy feet:

Ken it is very easy to install. pull the boot down gently, then the old knob just screws off. Lefty loosy. the new know comes with a little adapter that you have to screw on the existing shaft. Then the new shaft acts as the jam nut. The pic's below will show you how to do it. Easy Peasy nice and easy. :hysterical:

010-4.jpg

012-2.jpg

014-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

028.jpg

Ken it is very easy to install. pull the boot down gently, then the old knob just screws off. Lefty loosy. the new know comes with a little adapter that you have to screw on the existing shaft. Then the new shaft acts as the jam nut. The pic's below will show you how to do it. Easy Peasy nice and easy. :hysterical:

010-4.jpg

012-2.jpg

014-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

028.jpg

Thanks to Grabber, young grasshopper has learned how to post photos in his posts. :happy feet:

Next stage is photos of my mods. Ha Ha Ha, you have created a monster. :camera:

A pro photobucket account is going to be very beneficial to TS members as time rolls on.

I need to order one of these knobs in Red as well. To match my inserts. :happy feet:

One of the easiest mods to come our way. I like it. :happy feet:

Thanks to Grabber, young grasshopper has learned how to post photos in his posts. :happy feet:

A pro photobucket account is going to be very beneficial to TS members as time rolls on.

I need to order one of these knobs in Red as well. To match my inserts. :happy feet:

They have one in the catolog that is pure red with white stripes. It looks pretty cool and would look good in your car. Click on the link that I provided in the other post and you will see it. They have hundreds of options.

Ken,

If you are interested in installing one of these, I did a install thread and it lists the size of boot retainer and thread adapter you will need. Speed Dawg sells all the pieces needed. See the attached thread for detailed info on it:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70892-installed-a-new-shift-knob-in-tanabananas-gt500/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1

Rob, very nice! I'm happy to see your shift knob arrived and is now installed on Tana's vehicle. My Grabber Orange with Rally Black stripes was installed on 10/16(on the Non Shelby Mustang). Chris is now offering it on the SpeedDawg site. So, now I have two knobs to interchange for car shows ---- the Real Fire and the Grabber Orange one.

DSCN1298.jpg

DSCN7839.jpg

Brad I really liked your Real Fire ball but that Grabber Orange is sharp.

Tana, I'm with you on the Grabber Orange Shift Knob. It just "fits" the car perfectly and I simply love it.

The Real Fire is in a class of its own with the custom airbrush and flames.

Your white and Red Stripe shift knob is perfect too.

Oh what fun it is to mod the cars.....

What's next on the mod list or is that a secret? Going to slow down and hibernate a bit in the winter?

I bet Rob has some cool things coming in the future. (like the horsepower mods?, or some more cosmetic modifications?)

Regards,

Brad

Mrs G - I don't think I responded to this thread so happy belated congrats on that outstanding car you have! My wife is starting to warm up to ours and took it out yesterday for a nice drive. She's much better than I I'm lauching from 1st gear, it shudders a bit when I lauch from 1st (what a rookie). She does like the power it has and I'm sure she'll be wanting to take it out more often.

Cheers,

Moncho

Mrs G - I don't think I responded to this thread so happy belated congrats on that outstanding car you have! My wife is starting to warm up to ours and took it out yesterday for a nice drive. She's much better than I I'm lauching from 1st gear, it shudders a bit when I lauch from 1st (what a rookie). She does like the power it has and I'm sure she'll be wanting to take it out more often.

Cheers,

Moncho

Moncho,

Give your wife enough time behind the wheel... and she'll want her own GT500! happy%20feet.gif

It's amazing how a little mod, the shifter that is, makes the difference. Thats pretty cool; I'd do it too, but......Automatic ;)

Very nice though; hopefully my girlfriend will warm up to the idea of our garage looking like that, granted she says "Someday you can drive me in your Shelby" she's too afraid. I'm lucky she never had a dream car because I've already had too many ideas for my own good. I may have a tiny pony, but I still asked her if she wanted a go and she could feel the difference (especially since she has a Chevy Cavalier). Too bad I don't know what being in a Shelby is like :( Although I did sit in a family friend's 2010 Mustang GT (Shelby suspension upgrade). Of course I didn't drive it, but it made me wish I had.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on vacation this week and we are having a monsoon here in WA so I found a little indoor project to do.

This is the orbital buffer I bought from Griots Garage.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+polishing/orbitals+and+car+polishing+tools/griots+garage+random+orbital.do

Today I applied the "Best of Show wax" it is a carnuba based wax.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+waxing/car+waxes+and+sealants/best+of+show+wax.do

I applied it with the Red pads

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/6+inch+red+foam+wax+pad.do?sortby=ourPicks

I hand buffed it off with cotton towels.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/ten+100-+cotton+buffing+cloths.do?sortby=ourPicks

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Wait a minute. Where's the bubble?

Is your garage heated? I have tried waxing (when we lived in the east) in the garage during humid weather and had miserable results.

The garage is fully insulated, even the attic part. So it's pretty tight. It is not heated, but the furnace is out there and I believe some residual leakage from the furnace provides a little heat. It was about 55 here today and about 62 in the garage. The wax dried in a hour and buffed right off nicely. Both cars are in for the winter.

I do have a list of Christmas gifts for Tana and her car that is going to keep me busy in the garage this winter so I will have to turn on my little electric heater out there soon.

Nice job enjoying your time off Rob.

My time off project is to remodel our kids bathroom, starting on it the day after Thanksgiving. Maybe get an early start at it that night, who knows...

Already have the new cabinet and granite countertop and tile is already selected.

Dan

Nice job enjoying your time off Rob.

My time off project is to remodel our kids bathroom, starting on it the day after Thanksgiving. Maybe get an early start at it that night, who knows...

Already have the new cabinet and granite countertop and tile is already selected.

Dan

I have been busy too. This is the list of honey doos I have got done so far since Sat.

Mowed the Acre

Costco trip for bulk items

Auto part trip to stock up on oil change stuff

New traction tires installed on work truck

Work truck dropped off at Ford for new drive-line and rear tranny seal. (TSB on 2008 truck)

Put new trike together for grandson Christmas present.

Grabber is the only person I know who can accomplish so much and still manage to enjoy some well deserved R & R. :beerchug:

Thank you for the polish and shine "MRS GRBR really needed it. :cheerleader:

Now about those outdoor Christmas decorations :kiss:

The garage is fully insulated, even the attic part. So it's pretty tight. It is not heated, but the furnace is out there and I believe some residual leakage from the furnace provides a little heat. It was about 55 here today and about 62 in the garage. The wax dried in a hour and buffed right off nicely. Both cars are in for the winter.

I do have a list of Christmas gifts for Tana and her car that is going to keep me busy in the garage this winter so I will have to turn on my little electric heater out there soon.

Hi Rob. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Tana. I guess it would spoil the surprise if you gave a preview of the surprises for the car? Or does Tana already know?

Let me guess:

FRPP CAI?

Cosmetic modifications?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rob. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Tana. I guess it would spoil the surprise if you gave a preview of the surprises for the car? Or does Tana already know?

Let me guess:

FRPP CAI?

Cosmetic modifications?

No cosmetic mods. Tana has not seen them. I need to un box them tomorrow and grab a photo of them. Everything is here.

1. Hood struts

2. JLT oil seperator

3. BMR Lower Control Arms

4. H - Pipe

5. KR Mufflers (Ford racing)

6. FRPP Cold air Intake with VMP tune

7. VMP 2.59" super charger replacement pulley

My Union Vacation check arrived.happy%20feet.gif I was able to pay Tana's car off with out dipping into savings today. I also was able to go to the jewelers and pick up a surprise. You know how girls like diamonds :) . It feels great to be totally debt free.

Can anyone give me the paint code for the vinyl Red stripes on my wife's car ? It seems that Ford has a few different vinyl shades out there for the red stripe edition cars. I need to pin the color down if I'm going to order her a one piece radiator cover from Bangastang.

Archived