TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tanabanana’s new Shelby GT500

Grabber

Awesome! When was the 1st oil change? Same oil and filter? Is the filter the FL-820A or S?

The first one was done at 1,100 miles last Sept. 2010 by the lady I purchased the car from. so it has been one year. She used the Castrol 5-50 full synthetic and the motocraft Fl820 S filter and that's the same filter I use.

Motorcraftoil004.jpg

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. My GT500 is coming up on a 1000 and I plan to do the same oil change. Love the oil change assistant sitting there......

Yep, That's our little dog "Harley". He's such a good boy and has such a great personality. He has never went to the bathroom in the house or torn any thing up. He's 5 now and I rescued him from a puppy store in the mall the first day I laid my eyes on him. I brought Harley home after work one day to Tana and David....and they fell in love with the little guy. He's 1/2 Yorky and 1/2 Poodle. They call that mix a "YorkyPoo". Harley is one of the family here at our house !

Grabber,

Love Harley. Very neat little pooch and a great picture.

WRT the shifter knob, it took me 10 minutes to put on the Speed Dawg Real Fire knob. The Grabber Orange with Black Rally stripes ball will soon be on its way. The Real Fire looks much darker in person.......

DSCN0779.jpg

DSCN0792.jpg

DSCN0786.jpg

DSCN0783.jpg

DSCN0782.jpg

Nice shifter ball in your daily driver. Looks like it was a easy turn key install. Did it come as a kit with all parts needed ? or ?

Why did you order 2 ?

I wanted the Speed Dawg Real Fire Air Brushed one because of the flames and the person who air brushed it. Then I thought it would be really cool to have a Grabber Orange with Black stripe too. So Chris at Speed Dawg is doing that one for me too.

It came with everything I needed. A Scott Drake boot adapter, a jam nut, a 12mm x 1.25 adapter, and the shifter knob. The boot was a little hard to get back on but it slipped right on once I put a little moisture to help it on....

Just saw this. Congratulations Tana and Rob on the new addition to your family!! happy%20feet.gif Looks sweet!

PS: Tana, don't be like Rob with the TSB's, if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Enjoy! :shift:

Tana's 2009 GT500 runs and drives excellent. Her Tranny has the revised splines and lube and the nickle hub clutch. The Clutch does not drag and leave the syncros loaded with engine torque so there is not crunching or bumping of the syncros during shifts. I have done all the clutch tests that the SVT engineer tought me. Her car is fine.

...as for my 2007 GT500, it needed the Clutch TSB to get all the revised parts because the clutch was dragging and causing syncro bumping and crunching. I also got blocked out of gear until the syncros would become unloaded with engine torque at a stop light when pushing the clutch in. My front control arms were also making noise so that TSB was done. My point is that the TSB work saved me from spending my own money later on repairs. Just wanted to clarify that.

Tana's 2009 GT500 runs and drives excellent. Her Tranny has the revised splines and lube and the nickle hub clutch. The Clutch does not drag and leave the syncros loaded with engine torque so there is not crunching or bumping of the syncros during shifts. I have done all the clutch tests that the SVT engineer tought me. He car is fine.

...as for my 2007 GT500, it needed the Clutch TSB to get all the revised parts because the clutch was dragging and causing syncro bumping and crunching. I also got blocked out of gear until the syncros would become unloaded with engine torque at a stop light when pushing the clutch in. My front control arms were also making noise so that TSB was done. My point is that the TSB work saved me from spending my own money later on repairs. Just wanted to clarify that.

Wow! You have had some major problems with that car!

Just kidding :hysterical:

Tana, not sure if Rob would approve or recommend this, however, I highly recommend it and think you and Rob would love it. I think you should get a White one with Red stripe. (versus Red with White stripe). You also might like the Rally series better or would like a custom one.

https://www.speeddaw...ed-white-stripe

I talked to Chris today over at Speed

Dawg and placed an order with him over the phone. He is going to make a White shift ball with the Red Racing stripes and shift numbers. Tana picked out the black Shaft that is made by Grabber Pony. This ball is a custom color so Chris said it is going to take about 3 weeks for us to get it. He's told me it will be a turn key order and very easy to install. Thanks for sharing this vendor contact with us. He was super nice to deal with. He told me he would call when the order ships.

Dawg and placed an order with him over the phone. He is going to make a White shift ball with the Red Racing stripes and shift numbers. Tana picked out the black Shaft that is made by Grabber Pony. This ball is a custom color so Chris said it is going to take about 3 weeks for us to get it. He's told me it will be a turn key order and very easy to install. Thanks for sharing this vendor contact with us. He was super nice to deal with. He told me he would call when the order ships.

Grabber,this is great news! I knew you would like the selection, custom knob option, service, and ability to speak "live" to a decent and knowledgeable person. And, a person who actually takes pride in his business! (owner). I think he was at the 2010 SEMA show and got some good comments/feedback too.

Tonight at the local car show, I received a bunch of ooooohs, wow's, and COOL shifter knob comments from all lookers. After you receive, let me know how the install goes.

As I said, I slipped the boot off, twisted the stock knob off, cleaned the threads, installed the Drake adapter and small brass adapter for threads, jam nut, then the knob, and then slipped boot back on(using a very small dab of moisture to slip boot on over black adapter).

Originally, I had the stainless steel jam nut on but called Chris and asked about it as I really like how the knob looked next to the black Drake adapter(without jam nut). He said it was fine without and also double checked with the Drake guys. They said their adapter was good to go without jam nut. So, I now have the knob snugly(not tight!) screwed on without jam nut and it's very nice looking. It has been working great.

Tana is going to love this mod. Now, what about for the Grabber? Black with Orange stripes? Orange with Black?

It's going to be hard to wait for this cool shifter ball :yahoo: -Grabber also already installed other minor mods for me, I'm surprised not to see them posted yet. :hysterical: They are merely cosmetic and don't add to the horsepower.

As I am of the female persuasion looks are as important as horsepower. Speaking of horsepower next spring I most likely will be getting some more ponies. :beerchug:

It's going to be hard to wait for this cool shifter ball :yahoo: -Grabber also already installed other minor mods for me, I'm surprised not to see them posted yet. :hysterical: They are merely cosmetic and don't add to the horsepower.

As I am of the female persuasion looks are as important as horsepower. Speaking of horsepower next spring I most likely will be getting some more ponies. :beerchug:

Tana, yes, I know the wait is tough! I'm waiting for my Grabber Orange with Black stripes too but am pacified right now with my Real Fire airbrushed one. And I also stage the mods to keep them trickling in slowly. Actually schedule the cosmetic mods and space them out. It's really fun that way!

Okay, fess up on the upcoming mods? All of us are anxiously waiting...........

More ponies???????? Smaller pulley? Different exhaust? Headers? Tune?

Come on, fess up on the other mods and upcoming mods........no fair to tease everyone.

Tana's new "For show" mods are the 1/2 mirror covers and she wanted me to get rid of that big long dorky F-150 whip antenna. :hysterical:

Funny how lately Tana has been asking me all kinds of questions about Horse Power and how much a Cold air Intake (CAI) would add to her car. I think she has the mod bug. :doh:

Maybe if she's good this year, Santa will bring her some goodies. ;)

Heres the 2 mods I put on for her yesterday.

002-4.jpg

004-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

010-3.jpg

Tana, yes, I know the wait is tough! I'm waiting for my Grabber Orange with Black stripes too but am pacified right now with my Real Fire airbrushed one. And I also stage the mods to keep them trickling in slowly. Actually schedule the cosmetic mods and space them out. It's really fun that way!

Okay, fess up on the upcoming mods? All of us are anxiously waiting...........

More ponies???????? Smaller pulley? Different exhaust? Headers? Tune?

Come on, fess up on the other mods and upcoming mods........no fair to tease everyone.

I saw your Fire shifter knob very cool. It will be cool to see your new one when it arrives and is installed.

Like you said adding a mod here there can make the car seem new again. Since my car is new to me it's adding to my enjoyment of personalizing my car with the cosmetic mods done so far. I really do need to pace myself.

The ponies will just be a Cold air intake simple relatively inexpensive producing big benefits.

Exhaust-that would be pure luxury item. Grabber isn't bleeding with $ :spend: as previously asserted in a previous observation on this page. So that goes on my wish list-

I saw your Fire shifter knob very cool. It will be cool to see your new one when it arrives and is installed.

Like you said adding a mod here there can make the car seem new again. Since my car is new to me it's adding to my enjoyment of personalizing my car with the cosmetic mods done so far. I really do need to pace myself.

The ponies will just be a Cold air intake simple relatively inexpensive producing big benefits.

Exhaust-that would be pure luxury item. Grabber isn't bleeding with $ :spend: as previously asserted in a previous observation on this page. So that goes on my wish list-

Tana, cosmetic mods on the interior/exterior are rewarding and wonderful. There are so many neat choices and they are practically endless. I tend to go for as unique as I can with the cosmetic mods(or at least as unique as possible). I like the mods you/Grabber have done so far with the fender stripes, sequential taillights, mirrors, antenna(although I love the 8" shorty one too) etc.. I have the 14" antenna on my Black Shelby GT but have really grown to like the 8" too(on my Grabber). For a modest outlay(~$20), you can procure an 8" Shorty and try it for a while and see if it grows on you. If you don't like it, switch back to the 14". Of course, if you go with the 8" and Rob has the 14", there will be an exterior discontinuity between the two vehicles. Or you can equalize them both. :)

Couple of ideas for you to ponder and add to the list of "it's a marathon, not a sprint", mod quest......

Covering the Sirius black blob satellite thingy on the trunk is one of my next mods. I'm going to put a Carbon Fiber(Raceskinz) mod on or go with CJ Pony's satellite blob cover. I happen to really love the Carbon Fiber look on Black cars and it looks great on the Grabber too.

http://www.raceskinz.us.com/product_info.php?cPath=4&products_id=79

http://www.cjponyparts.com/CPC-TRUNK-ANTENNA-COVER-SATELLITE-RADIO-GPS-PAINTED-2005-2011/p/ANTC1UA/

In keeping with the Carbon Fiber theme, I am a huge fan of Silverhorse Racing products and put these on the Black Shelby taillight lenses. Note, I DID NOT use the adhesion promoter. It was not needed nor did I want to damage my lenses in any way. (pict below). I also posted a new picture of the Real Fire knob without Jam Nut(per previous post).

http://silverhorseracing.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16227&category_id=255

MurphycarshowJuly92011.jpg

DSCN7839.jpg

Nice, nice nice. I love those Billet frames. Does Washington State have a front license plate law? If so, I fancy Craig's Custom Brackets. And Craig is another one of those great customer service oriented people.

http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/

More mods, more mods, more mods.

A very nice mod arrived in the mail today from Secondo.

:salute:

004-3.jpg

Sean, Thanks for the plate holder, it's pretty cool, Waiting for my new plates to install it, will have Grabber posts pics. (of course :hysterical: )

As fun as it is to pick out mods it makes it doubly special when someone sends one. When you see it or another asks it brings that person to mind, so Thank you and know I won't forget where it came from.

A very nice mod arrived in the mail today from Secondo.

:salute:

Sean, Thanks for the plate holder, it's pretty cool, Waiting for my new plates to install it, will have Grabber posts pics. (of course :hysterical: )

As fun as it is to pick out mods it makes it doubly special when someone sends one. When you see it or another asks it brings that person to mind, so Thank you and know I won't forget where it came from.

You are welcome Shelby and Christian brother and sister! Enjoy! :burnout:

And congratulations again to Tana for your new GT500!! That is so cool that you both have one!! :dance:

(Laurie has a new 5.0 GT so I know how exciting it is!)

• 2 weeks later...

You are welcome Shelby and Christian brother and sister! Enjoy! :burnout:

And congratulations again to Tana for your new GT500!! That is so cool that you both have one!! :dance:

(Laurie has a new 5.0 GT so I know how exciting it is!)

Sean I did see the picture of Laurie with her new 5.0 when she picked it up. She was one happy girl.

My custom plates arrived and was fitted into it's custom plate frame from my brother Sean.

Rob couldn't resist getting a side by side of Mr and Mrs Grabber. :camera:

002-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-2.jpg

Archived