TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tanabanana’s new Shelby GT500

Grabber

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the show Ford Fan1 and his wife (Kerry and Diane) had the club members over to there house for Pizza and drinks and treats. What a nice couple they are and so gracious to invite us into there lovely home and treat us.

078.jpg

077.jpg

076.jpg

075.jpg

074.jpg

072.jpg

I bet you are-I'll have to ask Rob about the Terlingua project, I'm soooooooo out of the loop.

I would get a big ticket for trying to keep OR. Plates-The plate renewal in WA has dropped by 100's of dollars in the last 5 years or so.

I will tell everyone you said Hi. Take care.

I am updating the V8-Vixen Terlingua build tonight with final pictures. She is shipping back to CO on Wednesday...

Glad the WA renewal fees went down and that you get your cool personalized plate!!

I am so glad you are on here more!! Looks like you both had lots of fun at the show....and even detailing your own car...hehe... :hysterical:

Alex

I am updating the V8-Vixen Terlingua build tonight with final pictures. She is shipping back to CO on Wednesday...

Glad the WA renewal fees went down and that you get your cool personalized plate!!

I am so glad you are on here more!! Looks like you both had lots of fun at the show....and even detailing your own car...hehe... :hysterical:

Alex

I'm really lucky because Rob doesn't mind helping me from time to time. I hate to admit I'm a tad bit obsessive about my car being clean. Wish it weren't so but sad to say I am. The good thing is I'm not as obsessive about Escape as I used to be. Going to check out your thread on the Terlinqua now. :shoppingcart_:

What is the planned next "mod" for the red stripe? (I don't know why but every time I see red stripe I think of Jamaican Red Stripe Beer). Prior to "winterizing" and "bubbilizing" it, does Rob plan to treat that rusty axle and make it and black and pretty?

There will be no bubblizing, it sits in a nice warm spot my escape use to occupy. :cry:

Yes, he will be removing any rusty stuff and painting it too. :wub:

Helped Rob install one of the "best mods that you don't see" sequential s a must have even if only the people behind you get to enjoy them.

He has others arriving some time next week, they are a surprise. :bandance:

Going to cars and coffee in the morning, I just wish it weren't so darned early, :baby: but since it's going to be hot tomorrow it's probably best.

Congrats on the new ride..... Hope to see some mods soon... One day when our kids are out of the house we will buy another one for my wife, so she can have the same enjoyment that we all do. (Yes I do let her drive it) She actually gets to drive it more than me now because I have a Gov that I drive back and forth to work now... The poor SHELBY is not a daily any more...

There will be no bubblizing, it sits in a nice warm spot my escape use to occupy. :cry:

Yes, he will be removing any rusty stuff and painting it too. :wub:

Helped Rob install one of the "best mods that you don't see" sequential s a must have even if only the people behind you get to enjoy them.

He has others arriving some time next week, they are a surprise. :bandance:

Going to cars and coffee in the morning, I just wish it weren't so darned early, :baby: but since it's going to be hot tomorrow it's probably best.

Tana, not sure if Rob would approve or recommend this, however, I highly recommend it and think you and Rob would love it. I think you should get a White one with Red stripe. (versus Red with White stripe). You also might like the Rally series better or would like a custom one.

https://www.speeddawg.com/shift-knobs/racing-series/red-white-stripe

Also, there is a very cool airbrushed "REAL FIRE" one of these that would go great in Rob's Grabber. One is going into my Grabber GT and I'll post a picture when I'm done. (check out the website in total). The same guy that painted the hood in a Car Warriors episode did the airbrush on the knobs(and they are subsurface).

I also am having them match and make a custom Grabber Orange knob for me too. Chris is fantastic to work with and provides stellar customer service(something lacking in many places these days).

Also, Chris will do any custom work you wish --- he'll match your exact colors to your specs(or Ford color spec), he'll put a special GT500 inlay in for you(flush), he'll even put your name or anything you wish on it.

I think you and Rob would really enjoy this modification.....

Regards...

That shift ball looks great for Tana's car....but who knows how and the heck one would mount it. I'm not into retro fitting a bunch of different threaded inserts and special lock jam nuts and so on and so on. I only like to deal with tried and true mods that are turn key installs. Sure I could order that ball and then get it and then start the brain storming process on trying to figure out how to install it and what other parts to order....but I do not have the time or patience for that.

If the vendor sold a "Turn key" install kit for the 2007 - 2009 GT500, I would order it in a heart beat...but he does not. So he loses a sale here.

ps

Tana loves the look of that shift ball too.

Cars and coffee was worth getting up early. Fun morning indeed. I sure love driving around town with my Red Stripe girl. :wub:

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

That shift ball looks great for Tana's car....but who knows how and the heck one would mount it. I'm not into retro fitting a bunch of different threaded inserts and special lock jam nuts and so on and so on. I only like to deal with tried and true mods that are turn key installs. Sure I could order that ball and then get it and then start the brain storming process on trying to figure out how to install it and what other parts to order....but I do not have the time or patience for that.

If the vendor sold a "Turn key" install kit for the 2007 - 2009 GT500, I would order it in a heart beat...but he does not. So he loses a sale here.

ps

Tana loves the look of that shift ball too.

Rob,

Get the Shelby shift handle and then get a ball to fit it. It would look great.

http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/7s3z-7210-sl6.htm

Might need a boot too?

Ted

WRT shifter, knob, etc., I agree that turnkey and easy installation is a must. I'm the same way. I don't want to jack around with anything for too long because I'm afraid I'll really screw it up and burn a ton of time doing it.

Nevertheless, I think it's an easy modification even with the original shifter adapter and the shifter knob will look unique and very cool.

I did not suggest the full blown Shelby shifter or MGW shifter because I knew that would be MUCH more effort than a knob.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

Archived