TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tanabanana’s new Shelby GT500

Grabber

Kevin,

. I saw some really cool lighted sill plates that you need for both of your cars. I give you permission to order 2 sets. I cleared it with your wife so you can...... :spend:

Rob

:hysterical2: OK - OK I get it!

My wife doesn't know about the set of race tires that I bought! :drop:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I installed the KR front sway bar Tana's :wub: GT500 and mine. I compared the 2 bars very closely and found 5 things to note on the sway bars.

1. The part tag # is different on each bar. The Orange tag is the factory GT500 bar. The White tag is the KR bar Shelby sent me.

005-1.jpg

020.jpg

2. The factory GT500 sway bar has an additional mounting hole at each end that was not being used on my GT500. The KR bar does not have the extra holes.

002.jpg

3. The factory GT500 bar weighs 14.6 pounds. The KR bar weighs 12.4 pounds. (2.2 pounds lighter).

018.jpg

4. I measured the outside diameter of both bars in several spots. They are the same. I fuzz over 50.

004.jpg

5. The shape is exactly the same.

016.jpg

017.jpg

Today I installed the KR front sway bar Tana's :wub: GT500 and mine. I compared the 2 bars very closely and found 5 things to note on the sway bars.

1. The part tag # is different on each bar. The Orange tag is the factory GT500 bar. The White tag is the KR bar Shelby sent me.

005-1.jpg

020.jpg

2. The factory GT500 sway bar has an additional mounting hole at each end that was not being used on my GT500. The KR bar does not have the extra holes.

002.jpg

3. The factory GT500 bar weighs 14.6 pounds. The KR bar weighs 12.4 pounds. (2.2 pounds lighter).

018.jpg

4. I measured the outside diameter of both bars in several spots. They are the same. I fuzz over 50.

004.jpg

5. The shape is exactly the same.

016.jpg

017.jpg

So whats the advantage other than 2.2 pounds ?

So whats the advantage other than 2.2 pounds ?

My understanding was 6R3Z-5482-B was the GT500 front bar and the KR front bar was 7R33-5482-BA - both being 34.0MM but the KR bar has a thinner wall thickness thus making the rate and weight different than the standard GT/GT500 one.

The tube steel is thinner wall construction and it reacts differently from what I am told. The engineers designed it to go with the rest of the "KR" Suspension system.

The GT500KR will feature unique spring rates, dampers, stabilizer bars, and strut tower brace, all designed specifically for the KR, to deliver the precision handling package.

The tube steel is thinner wall construction and it reacts differently from what I am told. The engineers designed it to go with the rest of the "KR" Suspension system.

The GT500KR will feature unique spring rates, dampers, stabilizer bars, and strut tower brace, all designed specifically for the KR, to deliver the precision handling package.

Rob Did it come in a kit form or did your purchase as single items?

Rob Did it come in a kit form or did your purchase as single items?

I bought the Kit for the front and back on E-bay. I ordered all the new bushings and hardware from different suppliers. I was unable to find the front sway bar anywhere until I was notified that Shelby had found 22 of them in their warehouse during the resent move. They listed the 22 bars an there parts site last month.

The attached thread is a must read from start to finish if you are going to do this work. There are good installation tip videos and all the parts are listed:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/83457-shelby-gt-500kr-handling-kit-m-23000-kr/

Archived