TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Instrument lighting

Hi,

My instrument cluster on the 2007 Hertz lights up with the standard green lights, My 08 had the Blue lights. Where can i find the blue bulbs to replace them with or is it something more complicated than that (like a new instrument circuit or dash)

Thanks

Louis

Hi,

My instrument cluster on the 2007 Hertz lights up with the standard green lights, My 08 had the Blue lights. Where can i find the blue bulbs to replace them with or is it something more complicated than that (like a new instrument circuit or dash)

Thanks

Louis

Hi Louis,

you don't need to change the bulbs. You can customize the color within your programmable menu on the info/menu keys. I forget how exactly you do it but it's super easy and it only takes like two minutes to do. I just changed the color on mine and I happened to change mine to blue as well. I just did it, about a week ago, so I know you can do it.

Have fun.

QSS

You should have this:

Adjusting MyColor:

MyColor is a user defined backlighting color.

The backlighting colors are achieved through the blending of light from Red, Green, and Blue LEDs. Apart from the 6 preset colors, drivers can create their own color by adjusting the levels of the three primary colors through the MyColorfeature to achieve any of 125 different

combinations.

The vehicle must be stationary to enter the MyColor adjust mode. To enter the MyColoradjust mode, hold RESET for 3 seconds at the Adjust menu, or press SETUP to scroll though the display colors again. When in the MyColor adjust mode, pressing RESET will step through the Red, Green, Blue and Exit options. Pressing SETUP will increment the proportion of the color being adjusted. Try many combinations and record your favorites. To Exit MyColor adjust hold RESET for 3 seconds when prompted. Pressing RESET for less than 3 seconds will cycle back through the color components.

You should have this:

Adjusting MyColor:

MyColor is a user defined backlighting color.

The backlighting colors are achieved through the blending of light from Red, Green, and Blue LEDs. Apart from the 6 preset colors, drivers can create their own color by adjusting the levels of the three primary colors through the MyColorfeature to achieve any of 125 different

combinations.

The vehicle must be stationary to enter the MyColor adjust mode. To enter the MyColoradjust mode, hold RESET for 3 seconds at the Adjust menu, or press SETUP to scroll though the display colors again. When in the MyColor adjust mode, pressing RESET will step through the Red, Green, Blue and Exit options. Pressing SETUP will increment the proportion of the color being adjusted. Try many combinations and record your favorites. To Exit MyColor adjust hold RESET for 3 seconds when prompted. Pressing RESET for less than 3 seconds will cycle back through the color components.

Thamks Jeff. no need to read the manual then.

Archived