TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1999 Ford Mustang GT350

Larry T

Before the Bashing Starts........DO YOUR HOME WORK.

That IS a Carroll Shelby Licensing Authorized "Tribute Edition Shelby G.T. 350". I know this because I had a Contract signed by CARROLL SHELBY to produce those Vehicles. That one was MY personal Car that I personally built. It is one of the Concepts. The Contract I had started January 1999 making me the First person to legally put Shelby on a Mustang in a long time. You can get more Info at www.mestengofx.com.

David.

I'm a little confused. Is it a prototype or is it car #17?

It is the 17th 1999 Tribute Edition Shelby Built..........it is the Concept (Prototype) for the "AMERICAN" Edition. All of the Graphics are Reflective. I built several Concepts (Prototypes) throughout the Years of the Contract for Shows, to help gain interest in the Tribute Edition Shelbys to show what can be done.

no offense, to me that doesnt really represent as a Tribute to Carroll Shelby at all, before I looked at other pictures and saw Shelby plates everywhere, look like a car for Evil Knievel

Also im confused on the Tribute Shelby Mustangs stuff, were they offered at Ford Dealers or do someone have to contact you?

thou shall not pimp thy Mustang

I remember seeing these cars at SAAC Conventions ten to twelve years ago. If I recall the GT350 had a six cyl., the GT500 was a V8 and the KR was a supercharged V8 (Vortech, maybe). As a "Tribute" it is not a Shelby factory car, but a licensed nameplate like the golf carts, Eleanor Mustangs, Shelby wine and other licensed items. They are not in either the SAAC or Shelby American factory registries. But they do have a limited appeal in value and appear to be honestly presented as Tribute cars with lots of logos and the like. Not my style but good luck with the sale.

Archived