TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HOT COLOUR COMBINATION

braztang

Would be interesting to know what all folks out there think about colour combinations:

What is the HOTTEST color combo for the GT500 (2010-2012) and WHY you chosen that colour combo?

Safe ride everyone

Braztang

Colors like tastes are totally different. In my personal opinion, I liked the silver/red stripes but when I saw a white/red stripes with glass roof I purchased it. There are nice combinations but with those is not acceptable some options like SVTPP and I wanted SVTPP so the combinations were limited.

sterling grey really sucks especially in that big of a picture red is the best

I did that just for you and everyone else who need to have obnoxiously big pictures of their cars in their sig junking up the threads. How about just having an Avatar pic of your car instead?

I went with Kona and the red SVT stripe. It was a hard one to commit to on paper since no pictures were available when I ordered it and it's not conventional to put two primary colours together but I went with my gut and have no regrets. It's a colour that's shocking to the system and in a good way. I get nothing but compliments. I think it would have looked bad if there wasn't the silver edging on the red stripe. That silver just gives it the pop it needs to look good.

img0752za.jpg

43633056.jpg

I went with Kona and the red SVT stripe. It was a hard one to commit to on paper since no pictures were available when I ordered it and it's not conventional to put two primary colours together but I went with my gut and have no regrets. It's a colour that's shocking to the system and in a good way. I get nothing but compliments.

img0752za.jpg

43633056.jpg

I gotta say this is def. One of my favorite combinations, kona and red is just unique and sexy,,,,,,, now on the other hand you should go kill the person who is responsible for putting a license plate on your front bumper...

Depends if you want flashy (race red, grabber), classic (white, kona blue), or mean (black, sterling grey).

Based on your title of the post looks like you are wanting a race red or grabber blue type scheme.

I have a sterling grey/ black stripes combo which I love but is not available for 2012. If I were to order a 2012 for a stablemate I would get a more flashy color like race red/black stripes, grabber blue/white stripes or maybe even black/grabber blue stripes (lethal performance car).

Just go to the pics sections of team shelby and ford gt500 and look at enough pics. You will get enough info.

I will tell you that my reactions to certain color combo's has changed over time. One the website when I was building mine I thought grabber blue/red stripes was downright ugly. After seeing pictures of a couple of them I kind of like them. Take your time and look at them several times.

,,,,, now on the other hand you should go kill the person who is responsible for putting a license plate on your front bumper...

Haha.... yeah.... one of the worst things about driving a car in Ontario.... Luckily it's not drilled into the bumper. I was using the plate mount from JLT (I don't recommend it personally..). I took it off and it's now zip-tied to the lower grill.

I gotta say though... one of my favourite combos is the Black with grabber stripe. It's one hot looking combo. If I could have purchased it with the fat blue stripe on black with the SVTPP, I would have done that in a heart beat. I wanted the blue stripe on my seat ever since I saw the new body style.

img1bp.jpg

This color combo wasn't available in 2010, and neighter was the glass roof, the only option I wanted.........Kind of cool knowing I won't see another car like mine unless I travel to Illinios, thats where Ford says the other one was sold !!

.GT500day24July2010002.jpg?t=1286895896

There are many great combo s, I stated earlier how I love kona with the red, I also love mine with the white but think it may even look sweet with the white svtpp stripe as well . Do they even make a white thin stripe on kona,I'm yet to see it ? ?.....As far as the stealth look goes I'm not hating on anyone's car but stealth would never be in my stable, they look to much like a regular mustang and Shelby's just belong with stripes, but hey I def would still drive one if that's how I had to take it.....

Haha.... yeah.... one of the worst things about driving a car in Ontario.... Luckily it's not drilled into the bumper. I was using the plate mount from JLT (I don't recommend it personally..). I took it off and it's now zip-tied to the lower grill.

I gotta say though... one of my favourite combos is the Black with grabber stripe. It's one hot looking combo. If I could have purchased it with the fat blue stripe on black with the SVTPP, I would have done that in a heart beat. I wanted the blue stripe on my seat ever since I saw the new body style.

I bought white with blue stripes....however that black with blue stripes is amazing! If that was available when I got mine I would have pick that in an instant!

img1bp.jpg

I went with the sterling gray w/ red SVT stripes. I agree, the gray is a mean color, but also a little stealthy.

If I could only get the SVT Stripes, 2nd choice was Kona Blue with the read stripes.

Wish I Could have gotten the normal stripes, for 2011 it would have been a toss up between sterling gray with the wide mat black stripes or black with the mat black stripes.

I do get a lot of looks with my color combo. Some say the sterling gray reminds them of a shark.

I was really hooked when I saw the Black on Black. its the color that took me hook line and sinker! I do really like the Black with Grabber blue stripes as well, but then there is nothing like the red with White stripes, Grabber blue with white is awesome, Kone Blue with silver stripes looks too cool,,,,,,,,,,,I need to win the lottery or something so I can have them all!

6-18-2011102.jpg

I think Kona Blue with Flat Black Stripes is the best! I got the stripe delete and personalized it.

I really like your combo and it's funny to think that Ford didn't think that combo looked good on Kona blue and didn't offer it on the Boss.

Mine is Sterling Gray with Red SVTPP Narrow Stripes. I thought about the Kona Blue long and hard, but the Gray was calling to me.

Now............for my opinions: Anything with whit stripes looks cool, but I never would have bought one because of the corresponding white inserts on the seats. Too much of a possibility of them not looking good after blue jean / belt rub. I know this is a throwback to the '69 Mach 1's and I applaud Ford for putting the stripes in the seats, but white is something I couldn't live with.

The color I would have gotten if it were available would have been White with Blue SVTPP stripes. Side stripes could have been easily changed out to be of the style of the original GT500's back in '67 / '68.

On paper, I liked the Ingot Silver, but in person...............not so much. All in all, I wouldn't kick any of them to the curb for color reasons except I have sworn off Black altogether.

RR

post-28874-0-83372500-1313164237_thumb.jpg

post-28874-0-83372500-1313164237_thumb.jpg

Mine is Sterling Gray with Red SVTPP Narrow Stripes. I thought about the Kona Blue long and hard, but the Gray was calling to me.

Now............for my opinions: Anything with whit stripes looks cool, but I never would have bought one because of the corresponding white inserts on the seats. Too much of a possibility of them not looking good after blue jean / belt rub. I know this is a throwback to the '69 Mach 1's and I applaud Ford for putting the stripes in the seats, but white is something I couldn't live with.

The color I would have gotten if it were available would have been White with Blue SVTPP stripes. Side stripes could have been easily changed out to be of the style of the original GT500's back in '67 / '68.

On paper, I liked the Ingot Silver, but in person...............not so much. All in all, I wouldn't kick any of them to the curb for color reasons except I have sworn off Black altogether.

RR

really like your color combo but then again I like many....Just wanted to comment on the whole white seat thing, I have a 2010 with 5,000 miles on it and my white stripes in the seats look as good as the day I bought it..I am anal though...

I'm a little late to the party, but gotta chime in and agree with Wicked and Mulanzo. The grabber blue stripes on top of white looks awesome, but on top of black its a contrast like no other.

Just sayin'...

HAWKBARR

Archived