TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NHTSA Investigating Ford Transmissions

brohde

Finally someone is calling Ford out on this.

Let's hope the 2013 is fixed !!

This is the problem in America, every time there is a problem, either real or perceived, we start crying to a totally ineffectual Federal Government for a solution. If Ford has created a bad product the market place will dictate the correction. It makes me sick that we have become a nation of crybabies wanting "big brother" to get involved in our lives. The NHSTA has NO business addressing this issue. Let's layoff about half their employees instead. Sorry, but this type nonsense is why we, the US, are becoming a third world nation. regards, Larry

This is the problem in America, every time there is a problem, either real or perceived, we start crying to a totally ineffectual Federal Government for a solution. If Ford has created a bad product the market place will dictate the correction. It makes me sick that we have become a nation of crybabies wanting "big brother" to get involved in our lives. The NHSTA has NO business addressing this issue. Let's layoff about half their employees instead. Sorry, but this type nonsense is why we, the US, are becoming a third world nation. regards, Larry

How is the marketplace going to make the correction? Without people KNOWING, without people contacting those who have some clout or can exert some pressure, then the individual is helpless against the big corporations.

And the reason the US is becoming a third world nation is due to CORPORATIONS. They are the ones shipping all of the jobs to 3rd world countries so that they keep making obscene levels of profit. The days are long gone that the average person can earn a decent wage and provide for their families. Minimum wage jobs with no benefits are the norm now in the US. I truly think it is a very bleak future for the current and next generation.

How is the marketplace going to make the correction? Without people KNOWING, without people contacting those who have some clout or can exert some pressure, then the individual is helpless against the big corporations.

And the reason the US is becoming a third world nation is due to CORPORATIONS. They are the ones shipping all of the jobs to 3rd world countries so that they keep making obscene levels of profit. The days are long gone that the average person can earn a decent wage and provide for their families. Minimum wage jobs with no benefits are the norm now in the US. I truly think it is a very bleak future for the current and next generation.

Corporate entities do not owe the average person a wage that he or she deems comfortable or in some way adequate. They answer to stockholders who demand returns on their investments. Like it or not the world economy has provided a nearly endless supply of incredibly cheap labor. This is the new normal.

Corporate entities do not owe the average person a wage that he or she deems comfortable or in some way adequate. They answer to stockholders who demand returns on their investments. Like it or not the world economy has provided a nearly endless supply of incredibly cheap labor. This is the new normal.

That doesn't mean it's moral or right. A corporation has the same rights as a person but no concience. They will strip the world of everything in order to make a profit, they pollute the world and run over anyone or anything in their way.

I applaud that Ford is having a little bit of heat put to their feet. Build the car better and they wouldn't have a problem.

That doesn't mean it's moral or right. A corporation has the same rights as a person but no concience. They will strip the world of everything in order to make a profit, they pollute the world and run over anyone or anything in their way.

I applaud that Ford is having a little bit of heat put to their feet. Build the car better and they wouldn't have a problem.

Someone with some common sense looking beyond traditional beliefs. Thank you.

And not trying to start anything, but your post has a certain smugness to it. The Baby Boomers, and to a lesser extent the generation that followed, owe their success in life and what they achieved more from WHEN they were born rather than any great hard work, effort or sacrifice. It really was a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Future generations are going to find life very difficult. The current generation will struggle to achieve a small percentage of what their parents earned and achieved. Sadly the American Dream is dead for 90% of the population.

And not trying to start anything, but your post has a certain smugness to it. The Baby Boomers, and to a lesser extent the generation that followed, owe their success in life and what they achieved more from WHEN they were born rather than any great hard work, effort or sacrifice. It really was a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Future generations are going to find life very difficult. The current generation will struggle to achieve a small percentage of what their parents earned and achieved. Sadly the American Dream is dead for 90% of the population.

Not smug, reality. Agree with you 100% otherwise.

Nothing like a Chinese tranny I mean Chinese toola are so great! ;@) Sad really.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

" LARRY FOR PRESIDENT "

WERE CAN I MAIL MY CAMPAIN FUNDS ? :salute::salute::salute:

( P.S ) I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON WHY I GAVE YOU SUCH A GREAT DEAL ON MY SGT WHEELS AND TIRES. :yup:

SCOTTY G.

Both private & government sectors can work together to solve some problems, but generally, government gets in the way of progress rather than the other way around. Are corprorations innocent or perfect? Absolutely not. Nothing created by man is. However, without these 'evil' corporations, then where would the jobs be? I work for one. Have you ever run a business? One of the reasons businesses ship jobs overseas is because it's too costly for them to do business in the U.S.. Too much regulation and a convoluted tax system. We have the second highest corporate tax rate (35%) in the world and the current D.C.crew wants to increase that rate? That'll really help lower the unemployment rate. Yeah, right. You have to get major incentives (cap gains cuts, cut corp tax rates and close tax 'loopholes', etc.) for these companies to bring the 'money back home'. And, yes, the Unions will have to 'give' as well. It makes no sense for a worker who 'pops rivets' to make $25-30 an hour, plus time an a half OT,, plus all the oaid-for health benefits when some of his competitors make a fraction of that. As someones else stated, It's a world economy now. We can't go back to the 40s & 50s. I wish we could. I wish we made everything we need right ihere in America, However, that's just not how the world economy works. You have to adapt, or get left behind.

Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to get this off topic. I believe any problem with our cars should be addressed by Ford and I would be the first in line to file a complaint. The GT-500, along with all of the Shelby products from Las Vegas, are limited production high performance cars that often take the engineering of parts to the upper limits. The same was true in the 60's when Ford, GM, and Chrysler each had a greatly reduced and limited warranty on performance cars. As long a Ford is willing to replace / repair these parts then I believe we just have to be patient and methodical when dealing with them. My fear is that IF we, as performance enthusiasts, encourage Federal Government intervention, we will only make Ford ask themselves the question, "why do we bother with this type of car ?". I'm an old fart that remembers the early 70's to mid 80's when "performance" was a ugly word and there was nothing to buy new that was FUN. So I'll take my rough riding, nose dragging, suspension squeaking, Shelby GT any day. Please, back to topic regards, Larry

The GT500 is not a Shelby product from Las Vegas. It is an OEM Ford product with full warranty and that warranty should be used as needed. People with the grind have been waiting 2 years + in some cases while Ford tells them they don't know how to drive a manual - is that not patient enough?

Archived