TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Took home some hardware yesterday

Grabber

I entered my car in a show yesterday. First one of the year for me. I just don't enter my car in many shows. Maybe one a year or 2 at the most. I usually just like to look but this show was really fun. They had a DJ, a Band, RC race car races and great food. I saw some old friends and met some new ones.

I was not expecting to win…but it sure was nice to hear my name called. They did not have a class for the Shelby GT500 or Ford specialty cars, so I entered the 94 and newer Ford Mustangs.

025-1.jpg

023-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

021-3.jpg

020-3.jpg

019-2.jpg

Congratulations Grabber. I'm sure there wasn't a cleaner car there. I can't believe you sat that trophy on your decklid! :hysterical:

It was fun to show off all my engine compartment mods and interior mods. People sure asked me allot of questions, that's fore-sure and I enjoyed talking about my car. I recently joined a local mustang club called NW Mustangs and Classic Fords. It's a small tight nit club that just started up last year. One of our members here (FordFan) Kerry is in that club. I plan on hanging out with this group from time to time.

Maybe there's just something wrong with me :headscratch: . I have been bashed for saying this on other sites :finger: . I enter several car shows a year and I want to win. Actually disappointed when I don't. I have taken 9 first place awards :banvictory: and one second place :eek5: and was very unhappy with the second place due to the fact that I was beat by a 2011 6-cylinder Camaro with a couple of hundred dollars of mods done to it. Wasn't even a SS. Still wondering what there scoring system was. I certainly enjoy seeing the other cars, trucks, and motorcycles and talking to other car enthusiasts. If you have entered your Shelby in a car show, you know they are definitely attention getters especially if you have done mods to it. Anyway, with all due respect to those who enter shows and care nothing about winning their class, that's just not me. It just feels good having the car recognized for all of the time, effort, and money that I have put into it. Still not sure why some people think I'm a squid or something because I like to win.

Congrats on your win.

Maybe there's just something wrong with me :headscratch: . I have been bashed for saying this on other sites :finger: . I enter several car shows a year and I want to win. Actually disappointed when I don't. I have taken 9 first place awards :banvictory: and one second place :eek5: and was very unhappy with the second place due to the fact that I was beat by a 2011 6-cylinder Camaro with a couple of hundred dollars of mods done to it. Wasn't even a SS. Still wondering what there scoring system was. I certainly enjoy seeing the other cars, trucks, and motorcycles and talking to other car enthusiasts. If you have entered your Shelby in a car show, you know they are definitely attention getters especially if you have done mods to it. Anyway, with all due respect to those who enter shows and care nothing about winning their class, that's just not me. It just feels good having the car recognized for all of the time, effort, and money that I have put into it. Still not sure why some people think I'm a squid or something because I like to win.

Congrats on your win.

I agree with you 100% I think most judges don't have a clue To mods done on our cars.

Archived