TEAM SHELBY FORUM

About to pull the trigger...

txcobra

Ok...I know I am a total Shelby / Mustang addict and It is really all I spend my money and time on. I also realize I am truly blessed to have this "dilemma".

I have been wanting a new toy for some time now and as much as I love both of my current Shelby's, they are both the same generation and I am not going to have 3. So, I will sell one of them, most likely the '07 Convertible 40th. I think having the KR and this 2012 Will be awesome. I have read the threads and thought alot about waiting for a 2013 but my thinking is this...if the changes for '13 are significant, I am a little concerned about first year issues. If they aren't drastic changes, then there was no reason to wait.

At a local car show today, I was talking to a former KR owner who just picked up a 2012 and he said the cars were night and day different. He swore I would love this 2012 10 times more than my 07 or 08. Hard to believe that...

But if all goes well, I will go pick up a 2012 Red w/ white stripes coupe, perf pack, electronic pkg, recaros and cover on Monday. Any thoughts or words of advice are welcomed and appreciated...though I am sure most would say "do what makes you happy" ...the only problem with that is, sometimes I am not sure what that is until its too late. B)

Beautiful cars! Thanks to both of you for the feedback. Keep it coming please.

txcobra,

I can't speak about the 07-09's performance, because my first GT500 was a 2010 coupe. However, I understand the 2010 was based upon the KR and for 18 months I was so pleased, I had to occasionally pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming! THEN, the 2011's came out with an aluminum block, larger exhaust, EPAS steering, an SVT Performance Package, and more... I had to have one! Let me just say - the difference between the 2010's and 2011's w/SVTPP is night and day. The 2012's are the same, except you can get a glass roof and/or Recaro's as additional options. I have no hesitation recommending the 2012, other than to say... this late in the MY, why not wait another couple of months to see what Ford announces for 2013 in response to the upcoming Camaro ZL1. If the next GT500 gets a TVS (maybe a 5.8L too) and is pushing 600hp, you'll wish you had waited. On the other hand, if they make no major changes, you'll be able to pick up a job-2 2012 at a better price later this year.

Thanks Svt, great points and I've considered that very point. The timing issue is kind of interesting. I have a very good relationship with a dealer and he happens to have the exact car that I want. If I wait, its highly likely that I'd either not get the car I wanted or have to wait for a 13.....I don't know what I am going to do yet. The deal I am getting is pretty awesome....decisions decisions.

The difference between my 08 and my 10 is night and day. Refinement is huge. The 11-12's are real nice but not much mechanically different than the 10's. If I were you I'd wait for the 13's. If what they say is true, you'll regret buying your '12. JMHO.

I had an 08 GT500 with everything done to it, My friend bought a 2011 GT500 and he let me take it out for a spin and I was like wow what a huge difference in quality compaired. I sold mine and bought a 2012 and really looking forward to driving her when I return home.

The difference between my 08 and my 10 is night and day. Refinement is huge. The 11-12's are real nice but not much mechanically different than the 10's. If I were you I'd wait for the 13's. If what they say is true, you'll regret buying your '12. JMHO.

+1......these people who say what a difference between the 10 and 11's,12's are trying to compensate for something, I don't know maybe trading there 10's for the aluminum block and taking a beating is why they claim this....but yep my buddy has the 12 svtpp and I notice no difference to my 10 except for those uncomfortable ugly seats he has... To the original poster if your smart you'll wait for the 2013 , 2012 has to be about the most absurd buy right now, you can get The same car in a 2011 model for minimum 7k cheaper... I myself will be waiting for the redesign with IRS in either 2014 or 2015 model,we should be near 700 HP by then, lol...........

OK, I did it. They did everything I asked them to do and it was the perfect car for me. If the 2013 is an amazing beast, then I will just have to bite the bullet or live without, but for now, I am a happy camper. Thanks to all who provided feedback, it was all geniunely considered. I am beginning to think I MIGHT have a little problem with my Mustang addiction...

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0700edited.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

Congrats, I see it this way if you just buy a TVS and get a tune then you will have a 2013 car simple as that and still be under what dealers will ask for that car since its now what everyone wants. I got a great deal for mine and im sure you did as well, those deals will not happen for the 2013.

OK, I did it. They did everything I asked them to do and it was the perfect car for me. If the 2013 is an amazing beast, then I will just have to bite the bullet or live without, but for now, I am a happy camper. Thanks to all who provided feedback, it was all geniunely considered. I am beginning to think I MIGHT have a little problem with my Mustang addiction...

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0700edited.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

" I am beginning to think I MIGHT have a little problem with my Mustang addiction..." No doubt brother......you do. :hysterical:

Congrats man...........you have a beautiful collection.

Congrats.

Thank you.

I wonder if the XPlan will still be there for the 2013's? For the money the 2012 is impossable to beat.

I thought the same...xplan / invoice deals (or even below that) seem to be more up to the dealer. And if the '13 is that hot, I doubt there will be many if any. I am betting that what we will see on the 13 will be relatively minor or addressable with the aftermarket. Again, they are always making them better and that is a good thing!

" I am beginning to think I MIGHT have a little problem with my Mustang addiction..." No doubt brother......you do. :hysterical:

Congrats man...........you have a beautiful collection.

Thank you sir!!...and for the record, the GT/CS in the last pic is my sons, not mine...ugh, that doesn't make it any better does it?

Thank you sir!!...and for the record, the GT/CS in the last pic is my sons, not mine...ugh, that doesn't make it any better does it?

LOL, it just proves good taste runs in the family!!!

Agreed the deals out there are great and I'm a bird in the hand kinda guy .... I'll worry about '13 when it gets here.

Congrats on the purchase and thanks for sharing!!!!

Congrtas mi amigo...that color was my second option when I got mine a week ago. BTW you have a nice stable out there !! I guess that you are a Mustand adict in the same way that I am Harley one!!

post-33685-0-95562700-1312906205_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-95562700-1312906205_thumb.jpg

Thanks Smoke...I do love this stuff (a little too much obviously). I am also a bird in the hand guy...I try to be as informed about these things as I can be, but I also can't spend too much time worrying about the future. I do really appreciate all the folks here and all the feedback I get.

Thanks Smoke...I do love this stuff (a little too much obviously). I am also a bird in the hand guy...I try to be as informed about these things as I can be, but I also can't spend too much time worrying about the future. I do really appreciate all the folks here and all the feedback I get.

Agreed with you mi amigo....we have to live the present because we don't know where we will be tomorrow.....

Archived