TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traction control issue

chiknhawk

My car is a 2010 gt500 with 7000 miles on the clock. Not driven hard at all, and basicly stock other than the Roush extreme off road exhaust. I recently replaced the stock tires with NItto INVO's. I love the tires, but now every time I step on the throttle the traction control light blinks and wont allow the car to build boost. It even does this 50ph in fourth gear. With the traction control off, these tires really hook up well. I know my air filter could use a change, and im due an oil change. Could a dirty air filter cause this. It doesnt feel as if the clutch is slipping or anything. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My car is a 2010 gt500 with 7000 miles on the clock. Not driven hard at all, and basicly stock other than the Roush extreme off road exhaust. I recently replaced the stock tires with NItto INVO's. I love the tires, but now every time I step on the throttle the traction control light blinks and wont allow the car to build boost. It even does this 50ph in fourth gear. With the traction control off, these tires really hook up well. I know my air filter could use a change, and im due an oil change. Could a dirty air filter cause this. It doesnt feel as if the clutch is slipping or anything. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Is it possible the tires are large in diameter on the outside (larger sidewall) and thus due to this the computer thinks the tire is "spinning" due a faster rotational speed than it thinks there is?

My only guess.

Is it possible the tires are large in diameter on the outside (larger sidewall) and thus due to this the computer thinks the tire is "spinning" due a faster rotational speed than it thinks there is?

My only guess.

I had not thought of that, but I can see where it could possibly cause a confusion with the computer. The tire sizes are the same as the stock ones, but some manufaturers seem to be different sizes than others. Has anyone who has changed rear tires sizes experienced any issues with their traction control.

I have the Shelby Razors in 20 inch with the Nitto Invo's as well. Yes they hook very good compared to the F1's. When I swapped out the overall diameter of tires were almos exactly the same as stock. I.E. larger rims- smaller sidewall. I have had no problems with mine, T/C works exactly the same as with stock tires. If the diameter of the tires are bigger your speed sensor would be turning slower not faster. If you went with smaller rims and tires it would show turning faster. Keep us posted.

If you go to tirerack.com you can compare the overall diameter of the stock tires compared to your new Nitto tires. If there is a big enough difference you will have issues with the traction control.

Steve

The stock Goodyears are 26.9 in diameter, and the NItto INVO are 26.7. Would the difference in the two be enough to cause the issue?

Archived