TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 Mustang GT Conversion to GT500 Appearance Package

AzSideWinder

Ive been searching around this site. I don't want to piss anyone off asking the same thing that's been asked before. So after some time searching this site I have been unable to find what I'm looking for.

I have a 2010 Mustang GT (no booing or hissing please) I would like to covert my 2010 to the Shelby GT 500 appearance package, without the badging of course!

The only reason I don't own a true Shelby is they don't make one in an automatic, I have extremely bad knees and cant do a clutch anymore. Although the newer Shelby's have a very friendly clutch its the motion that makes it impossible. If there was an automatic Shelby there would be one in my garage. Maybe 2 by now!

Anyway replacement Surgery is in my future but doctors are wanting me to wait until I'm 55, I'm only 50. Other than some pain and inability to work a clutch for long periods its not that bad.

I cant even find an automatic 5.0 locally and ended up buying a brand new 2010 for 23k out the door with 900 miles last week.

So what I'm wanting to know is can anyone give me a complete FORD parts list needed to complete at the very minimum the whole front fascia of the GT500 for the 2010 GT? I would like every single part needed with part numbers, or a link to where it has already been discussed. I have found discussions on it pre 2010 just cant find one for the 2010-2012.

I know there are a few companies out there promoting the ability to do this, but I want to know from the experts, which is why I'm here!

I know about the company BMC Extreme Customs with the Black Mamba II Hood and that conversion kit, but Ive heard some issues regarding fit and finish. I don't want any issues, I want it all to work the first time.

Can anyone help? I would greatly appreciate all the help on this from someone who knows.

My Lincoln Navigator has a 5.4 in it, sure wish they would figure out an automatic for the Shelby!

Thanks in advance. If anyone has any parts available and live in the Phoenix metro area Id be interested in talking with you!

IMG_20110625_105516.jpg

IMG_20110625_105516.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you own the car already, just want the look, but may i suggest looking at the Shelby GT. There are lots of examples out in the used market, they came automatics too, and are "true Shelbies" in every sense of the word.

No, before anybody gets angry, i'm not saying they're the only true Shelby, I'm just saying it sounds like you'd love to have a "Shelby" and alot of people dont even know about theese, plus they're still relatively inexpensive.

Sounds like you own the car already, just want the look, but may i suggest looking at the Shelby GT. There are lots of examples out in the used market, they came automatics too, and are "true Shelbies" in every sense of the word.

No, before anybody gets angry, i'm not saying they're the only true Shelby, I'm just saying it sounds like you'd love to have a "Shelby" and alot of people dont even know about theese, plus they're still relatively inexpensive.

+1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived