TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 3/4 " quad exhaust discs

gt67

Took the exhaust plates off the other day.Now it sounds like a car from the 60's,even some cars from the 70's the way it should sound. Its mellow at idle and when cruising in 5th or 6th. Its only really loud when you accelerate,especially in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I just don't see the point at all of putting a different size plate in it. This ain't your daddys rambler guys! Its a BOSS....have fun with it,make it sound like it. And if you see a cop,well then just get off the gas or push the clutch in.

• 2 months later...

I went with 1" holes in mine..........................Perfect! Nice growl, slight gurgle/pop on decel quiet cruising in the car at interstate speeds. Attention grabbing for sure! My car had only 130 miles when I installed them. No loss of fuel economy either, in fact I'm up to 22 mpg now with 400 miles on the ODO, LOVE this car! Btw, Scott is a good dude, ships fast, nicely made product. This way I can "restore" my car back to stock if mandated by LEO's.

• 3 weeks later...

I went with 1" holes in mine..........................Perfect! Nice growl, slight gurgle/pop on decel quiet cruising in the car at interstate speeds. Attention grabbing for sure! My car had only 130 miles when I installed them. No loss of fuel economy either, in fact I'm up to 22 mpg now with 400 miles on the ODO, LOVE this car! Btw, Scott is a good dude, ships fast, nicely made product. This way I can "restore" my car back to stock if mandated by LEO's.

Thanks for the reply, glad you are happy with the new setup!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I put on the full block out discs yesterday and it makes driving the car around town a lot more enjoyable for my neighbors for miles and miles. I did not put the side pipes back on and just plan to remove the discs for track use and put them back on after..... I have Kooks headers so it's still loud but not so insane and does not set off car alarms anymore

• 6 months later...

There is a big difference between 3/16 and 3/4, but not much difference between 3/4 and full open....just pull the whole things out is what I recommend. I have done it on 3 Boss's and each time the friendly mechanic at Shell does it for free.

Archived