TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush Exhaust Installed

jagpegasus

Thanks to the sounds clips and suggestions from this forum I purchased and installed the Roush extreme axle back on my 2011 GT500.

I bought it from Summit - $399.00 and installation was a breeze. As for the sound - awesome. I can only describe it as a bark - it is loud, but not obnoxious (IMO) and it sounds great when open her up. My car only has 400 miles so I am breaking it in and haven't come anywhere near redline yet. Couldn't be happier. No real drone at 70 mph or 80mph. I made a flip video of stock vs no muffler vs Roush that I would post for you all if I knew how?

Have Revan tune, Heat Exchanger and pulley on order.

Next up is springs and I want to paint the rockers and rear bumper grabber blue with some carbon fiber.

Thanks again for all the great stuff on this forum.

Josh

Thanks to the sounds clips and suggestions from this forum I purchased and installed the Roush extreme axle back on my 2011 GT500.

I bought it from Summit - $399.00 and installation was a breeze. As for the sound - awesome. I can only describe it as a bark - it is loud, but not obnoxious (IMO) and it sounds great when open her up. My car only has 400 miles so I am breaking it in and haven't come anywhere near redline yet. Couldn't be happier. No real drone at 70 mph or 80mph. I made a flip video of stock vs no muffler vs Roush that I would post for you all if I knew how?

Have Revan tune, Heat Exchanger and pulley on order.

Next up is springs and I want to paint the rockers and rear bumper grabber blue with some carbon fiber.

Thanks again for all the great stuff on this forum.

Josh

How would you compare the sound to the stock exhaust? I have heard good things about the Roush axle back but could not find any sound clips of them on a 2011 to make a decision. I really love the stock exhaust sound but want to make sure I am not missing out on something better. Where did you find the sound clips with them on a 2011?

Congrats on the new setup. I am having my Raven Racing Radiator and Heat Exchanger put in this Friday! Can't wait!

I have a 2011. Significantly deeper and more throaty sound. You notice it the second you crank the engine.

At least 2x as loud while cruising at 2000-2200 rpm in town 2-3 gear. 3x loud at WOT. Louder than stock while cruising the highway but not obnoxious. I have a vert with the top down so the sounds is even more amp'd than if it was a coupe.

I have had it on for approx 6 weeks.

The Roush exhaust is awesome! I added the H-Pipe to mine and even made it better (to which I was pleasantly suprised!). Sounds a little deeper, more of a "bubrble" as opposed to the "raspy" sound, more the direction of the older muscle car sound. I wish I had some recording equipment so I could post a clip. As far as I'm am concerned on mine" the exhaust is done dude!"

Few questions....................What part # did you order? Do the Roush tips look any smaller than the stock tips? What is the piping size? Thanks

Depends on what year your shelby is...

If you have a 2011 part number is 421127. It is listed as the exhaust for the 5.0L but it fits perfectly. Tips are the same size if not larger. I believe the piping is 2.75 going into 4 inch tips.

If you have a 2010 you need to get the roush extreme exhaust I believe like blacksnake.

I have the Extreme roush's on my 10 and there awesome, also have the phrp h pipe with them...I convinced my buddy to get the roush axle back for his 11 and he now loves them. He posted a great video of them on SVT performance forum...If I can remember the thread name I'll post it up later....sounds really good....

Summit shows the Roush piping size is 2.50 (since it's tech. made for the GT) and 2011 GT500 factory is 2.75. Does anyone think this will hurt performance since with the reduction in exhaust diameter?

Allright I am feeling pretty stupid right now. I did not know there was a difference between the piping in the 5.0 and the GT500. I am new to performance cars.

I did not install them, my SVT dealer who is also a roush dealer installed mine. Before I ordered mine I spoke to the rep at Roush and he raved how great they sounded on a gt500 they had in the shop. I was told they fit perfectly. I agree the sound is great. What concerns me is after I got it back in which I had an inlet resonator delete added at the same time I felt my car was less responsive, slower to the point I even posted this on FordGT500. I even took it back to the dealer and had the SVT senior tech take it for a spirited ride. The tech who I like, tells me it is "all there".

I can't even hear any supercharger whine anymore but the boost gauge does pop to 9.5 when I punch in 2nd gear at 45mph.

I think I need to swap in the stock exhaust to see if it is my imagination playing tricks on me. In some ways it would suck becasue I love the tone, volume and looks of the roush axelbacks.

What do you think???

Disregard the 2.50 reference on Summit....There is no difference for 2011-12 GT500 and 5.0 ...if they fit one, the fit the other. Both have the same size pipe which is 2.75, same hangers, etc.

Allright I am feeling pretty stupid right now. I did not know there was a difference between the piping in the 5.0 and the GT500. I am new to performance cars.

I did not install them, my SVT dealer who is also a roush dealer installed mine. Before I ordered mine I spoke to the rep at Roush and he raved how great they sounded on a gt500 they had in the shop. I was told they fit perfectly. I agree the sound is great. What concerns me is after I got it back in which I had an inlet resonator delete added at the same time I felt my car was less responsive, slower to the point I even posted this on FordGT500. I even took it back to the dealer and had the SVT senior tech take it for a spirited ride. The tech who I like, tells me it is "all there".

I can't even hear any supercharger whine anymore but the boost gauge does pop to 9.5 when I punch in 2nd gear at 45mph.

I think I need to swap in the stock exhaust to see if it is my imagination playing tricks on me. In some ways it would suck becasue I love the tone, volume and looks of the roush axelbacks.

What do you think???

What do you think???

The 2010 GT500s had 2.5 inch pipes, the 2011s were upgraded to 2.75. I don't know if you'd be able to feel the difference between the two really though as the 11 only gained 10 HP over the 10 and that could have been from the H pipe as well.

Disregard the 2.50 reference on Summit....There is no difference for 2011-12 GT500 and 5.0 ...if they fit one, the fit the other. Both have the same size pipe which is 2.75, same hangers, etc.

I am happy to email anyone my flip video clip I made of stock vs. Roush.

Maybe someone is more savy with computers than me and can post it for all to hear?

Thanks

Josh

I have the Extreme roush's on my 10 and there awesome, also have the phrp h pipe with them...I convinced my buddy to get the roush axle back for his 11 and he now loves them. He posted a great video of them on SVT performance forum...If I can remember the thread name I'll post it up later....sounds really good....

Eric you mean this clip?.... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/787282-few-quick-pics-sound-clip.html#post10923617 ....they sound great could not be any happier...also American Muscle has this kit for $330 shipped i believe right now..

FOR THOSE OTHER 2011 SHELBY OWNERS THAT HAVE INSTALLED THE ROUSH AXELBACKS TO STOCK EXHAUST...CAN YOU STILL HEAR THE WHINE OF THE SC?

I ADDED THE RESONATOR DELETE KIT WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE THE WHINE A LITTLE LOUDER. THIS WAS INSTALLED AT THE SAME TIME AS THE ROUSH. I CAN'T HEAR THE SC AT ALL ANYMORE.

FOR THOSE OTHER 2011 SHELBY OWNERS THAT HAVE INSTALLED THE ROUSH AXELBACKS TO STOCK EXHAUST...CAN YOU STILL HEAR THE WHINE OF THE SC?

I ADDED THE RESONATOR DELETE KIT WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO MAKE THE WHINE A LITTLE LOUDER. THIS WAS INSTALLED AT THE SAME TIME AS THE ROUSH. I CAN'T HEAR THE SC AT ALL ANYMORE.

get the 2.59 pulley and I guarantee you'll here the whine, my 10 roush cat Back is prob. A little louder over the 11 and up roush axle back and I can hear my whine awesome , I also have the res. elim. Kit.....

Eric you mean this clip?.... http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/shelby-gt500-150/787282-few-quick-pics-sound-clip.html#post10923617 ....they sound great could not be any happier...also American Muscle has this kit for $330 shipped i believe right now..

Hey is this Justin ? But yeah this was the thread I was talking about,,,,,,but when I go to it I only see pictures and no video.... where's the video ?What I'm I missing here ?? EDIT..... I FIGURED IT OUT, forget it.....lol.....

Could one just get at muffler delete (such as SLP loudmouth, Pypes, etc). And basically it would be the same kit as a Roush? Heck of alot cheaper....

Not really... the Roush Extremes have mid-pipe resonators, which provides a deep tone while minimizing drone. Typically, the louder the exhaust on the S197s, the greater the drone. Not the case w/the Roush set-up. Additionally, the Roush quality is outstanding and the 4" rolled stainless steel tips looks great in the rear valance. While not necessary, I suggest adding an H-pipe for an even better sounding exhaust. Go Roush and you will not be disappointed.

I don't have a recording, however, my set-up sounds exactly like this:

Installed Roush on my 2012, just the axle backs. Love them, beautiful sound, growl, very little to no drone!

So these do work on the 12's then? I thought I'd red that the '11 and '12 were somehow different. Can someone tell me the Roush Part Number? Thanks in advance.

So these do work on the 12's then? I thought I'd red that the '11 and '12 were somehow different. Can someone tell me the Roush Part Number? Thanks in advance.

Dude 2010's use a Roush extreme CAT back system(muffler deletes/resonators)associated with the 2.5 inch piping and 2011's and up use the roush AXLE back (mufflers) for there 2.75inch piping.... so now you can stop wondering.......

Dude 2010's use a Roush extreme CAT back system(muffler deletes/resonators)associated with the 2.5 inch piping and 2011's and up use the roush AXLE back (mufflers) for there 2.75inch piping.... so now you can stop wondering.......

Thanks.

Archived