TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bogus Shelby

Cali_KR

I did not take these pics or was present to hear the convo, but allegedly, this cars owners was telling people around him (and to the guy who took these pix) that this indeed is a 2006 Shelby...

Check out the head shot under the hood....and then the homemade dash plaque, complete with a CSM # :nonono:

Obviously SAI didn't have their Speed Shop yet, as evidenced by the Summitt Racing sticker and Roush air box... :hysterical:

Picture_009.jpg

Picture_011.jpg

Picture_001.jpg

Picture_009.jpg

Picture_011.jpg

Picture_001.jpg

I did not take these pics or was present to hear the convo, but allegedly, this cars owners was telling people around him (and to the guy who took these pix) that this indeed is a 2006 Shelby...

Check out the head shot under the hood....and then the homemade dash plaque, complete with a CSM # :nonono:

Obviously SAI didn't have their Speed Shop yet, as evidenced by the Summitt Racing sticker and Roush air box... :hysterical:

:hysterical2:

It's amazing what people try to sell as real............even a fairytale like this car.

What a turd, Shelby always uses Roush SC!

:hysterical:

Maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me, but that front end looks funny... it looks like the top of the fascia sticks out past the end of the hood. Is that some kind of aftermarket front end? And look at the pillar between the headlight and the grill... it's broader and sticks out further than a GT or GT500...

What is that? :headscratch:

Here is my entry for a$$hole owner. This guy show his car as a "rare birthday edition" I especially like the way the magnetic meatball sticks to the aluminum hood. I don't have a problem with a car if it is shown as a tribute, clone or replica. My problem comes when you lie and give the uninformed the wrong story. This guy is my Mustang Club but totally avoids me as I have told everybody the real "Birthday Car" is a diecast. He also knows my association with TS and SAI.

2011autorama016.jpg

2011autorama018.jpg

2011autorama017.jpg

That fake dash plaque is laughable but why does it look photoshopped?

Take a look at the word "Las" ad you'll see that the 'L' is not even on the plaque but is on the dash. And what's up with that big 'S' all by itself at the top of the plaque?

Its a fake dash plaque for sure but looks like the photo has been altered.

Steve

That fake dash plaque is laughable but why does it look photoshopped?

Take a look at the word "Las" ad you'll see that the 'L' is not even on the plaque but is on the dash. And what's up with that big 'S' all by itself at the top of the plaque?

Its a fake dash plaque for sure but looks like the photo has been altered.

Steve

The"L" is just being covered by the reflection of the A/C vent next to it. Looks like the metal he used is too shiny, not satin like ours. Not sure what's up with the big S though, it looks ridiculous. It is pretty funny though how many people try and imitate the real thing. What's worse is he spent enough money making a fake to make a pretty nice real one. Then lying about it on top of that.

Jeff

edit for spelling as usual

Here is my entry of a$$hole owner. This guy show his car as a "rare birthday edition" I epecially like the way the magnetic meatball sticks to the aluminum hood. I don't have a problem with a car if it is shown as a tribute or clone or replica. My problem comes when you lie and give the uninformed the wrong story. This guy is my Mustang Club but totally avoids me as I have told everybody the "Birthday Car" is really a diecast. He also know my association with TS and SAI.

2011autorama016.jpg

2011autorama018.jpg

2011autorama017.jpg

Nice graphics...dig the clear outline...wow...can you guys vote him out for bad taste?

With all the money $$$$ that guy put into the car ,he could have bought a real Shelby ,just saying ,the front nose / hood part is kinda cool for a GT mustang ,,,,but its his dream ,who am I to say different ,

+1

I dont care if he puts a doggy door on the passenger side and rides around with Spot all day.....just dont say its a one off prototype for Carroll's Pet Charity.

We here on Team Shelby (for the most part) are in the know, we are a small group,

this guy and most other fakes rarely if ever run into one of us who knows better so most of the time he is telling his BS story to believers.

Not cool. And kinda ruins any "good intentions" the owner may have.

IMHO.

I dont care if he puts a doggy door on the passenger side and rides around with Spot all day.....just dont say its a one off prototype for Carroll's Pet Charity.

We here on Team Shelby (for the most part) are in the know, we are a small group,

this guy and most other fakes rarely if ever run into one of us who knows better so most of the time he is telling his BS story to believers.

Not cool. And kinda ruins any "good intentions" the owner may have.

IMHO.

+1... well said.

A clone or tribute is one thing... telling people flat out lies is another.

Archived