TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need a Measurment

Ezareth

I'm looking to order a roof stripe for my 2011 convertible to put on my tonneau cover and before I dropped $300 on it I wanted to make sure that it was long enough to fit all the way over the cover.

If anyone could measure their roof stripe and let me know how long it is I'd be appreciative.

My tonneau cover is 39 1/2 inches long down the center to the edge so it would have to be that long at least.

Thanks!

I'm looking to order a roof stripe for my 2011 convertible to put on my tonneau cover and before I dropped $300 on it I wanted to make sure that it was long enough to fit all the way over the cover.

If anyone could measure their roof stripe and let me know how long it is I'd be appreciative.

My tonneau cover is 39 1/2 inches long down the center to the edge so it would have to be that long at least.

Thanks!

I'm not at home right now so I can't help ya out but if you don't get a answer before Aug. 17th or 18th, ping me at phill dot pollard at comcast dot net and I'll take a quick measurment for you.

Phill

I'm not at home right now so I can't help ya out but if you don't get a answer before Aug. 17th or 18th, ping me at and I'll take a quick measurment for you.

Phill

Thanks Phil. Hopefully someone can get a measurement before then as I'd love to get the stripe put on before the Summit Racing 8th Annual car show this weekend.

Also I would remove your email from the plain text of this forum as it is fully searchable and bots crawl the web looking for email addresses which they then sell and use for spam.

Thanks Phil. Hopefully someone can get a measurement before then as I'd love to get the stripe put on before the Summit Racing 8th Annual car show this weekend.

Also I would remove your email from the plain text of this forum as it is fully searchable and bots crawl the web looking for email addresses which they then sell and use for spam.

I just saw your post while I was putting the seventh coat of Zaino Brothers wax on the 2011 SVT coupe. The roof tape stripe measures 44 1/4" shy on my car. Hope this helps

Josh

\Also I would remove your email from the plain text of this forum as it is fully searchable and bots crawl the web looking for email addresses which they then sell and use for spam.

I changed it by replacing the dot and at with text vs. charactors.

Will that work?

I already found out the hard way that they harvest your CELL PHONE NUMBERS from this forum when I started getting "Premium Text Messages" on my cell phone and the Verizon tech said it was from posting my number on a Internet forum...And THIS forum is the only one I've ever published it on!!!

Freakin' SPAM Bots....

Thanks,

Phill

Thanks!

Ezareth,

Have you considered having John Farmer cut these to length for you? It would also be much less expensive than ordering a factory section...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57929-stuck-on-you-graphics-now-officially-a-manufacturer-for-shelby/

I just saw your post while I was putting the seventh coat of Zaino Brothers wax on the 2011 SVT coupe. The roof tape stripe measures 44 1/4" shy on my car. Hope this helps

Josh

Perfect, thanks jag!

I changed it by replacing the dot and at with text vs. charactors.

Will that work?

Phil, don't think your edit worked as the @ sign is still there. The best way to post an email I know is to never post the .com change the @ to an AT and put spaces around it. some of the better bots will still pull down the email address with an AT instead of @ unless there are spaces around it.

phill.pollard AT comcast would work

Ezareth,

Have you considered having John Farmer cut these to length for you? It would also be much less expensive than ordering a factory section...

http://www.teamshelb...rer-for-shelby/

I migh have but I want to get them in and applied before the show this saturday. I do hate spending $300 for a single stripe though but I've also heard that aftermarket stripes aren't as good of quality and will peel etc. I'm going to try to beat up the dealer a bit on his price. I see the stripe I'm looking for online for $230.

Ended up beating up the dealer a bit more and got the stripe for $250 instead of the $316 he orginally tried to charge me. The sad thing is he didn't even blink when I asked for 20% off so I'm sure the margin is pretty ridiculous on these things.

If you're planning to use a section of stripe from the parts desk, you're best-off ordering the section for the roof (which is the longest) and setting aside any excess in case you need to repair the front fascia.

I've been thinking of striping my Transit Connect in a similar way, as a support truck - but no lengths of SVTPP stripe are long enough to the van's large body surfaces. My body guy has offered to paint the stripes on the van for less than $1,000, but I'd hate to have better looking stripes (not to mention permanent) on my van than on my car. :)

Ended up beating up the dealer a bit more and got the stripe for $250 instead of the $316 he orginally tried to charge me. The sad thing is he didn't even blink when I asked for 20% off so I'm sure the margin is pretty ridiculous on these things.

Shop Tousley for stripes. Cheapest I've seen anywhere.

If you're planning to use a section of stripe from the parts desk, you're best-off ordering the section for the roof (which is the longest) and setting aside any excess in case you need to repair the front fascia.

I've been thinking of striping my Transit Connect in a similar way, as a support truck - but no lengths of SVTPP stripe are long enough to the van's large body surfaces. My body guy has offered to paint the stripes on the van for less than $1,000, but I'd hate to have better looking stripes (not to mention permanent) on my van than on my car. :)

Yeah the roof stripe was the only one long enough to fit the cover and even then just barely. I was thinking with extra 5 or so inches I have left over of cutting out some lettering possibly. Not sure though.

I'll post up some more pics of the cover and all when I get the stripe applied.

Can anyone measure the gap between the stripes on the 2011 SVT coupe and convertible?

Mine is a convertible and the gap on my stripe measures 15/16 of an inch. The stripe that I got is for the roof of a coupe and it measures 1 inch exactly in the gap and is an additional 1/16th of an inch wider than my normal stripes as well.

Can anyone provide me some EXACT measurements on the width of their stripes and the gap between them?

Also does anyone know when applying these stripes if you are supposed to use soapy water?

Thanks

Archived