TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best way to achieve 700hp?

Hi, My name is Marc... and I like to burn rubber.

I have a 2011 GT500 that I would like to get up to around the 700hp (flywheel hp) area.

I know a lot of people on here do lots of mods to their cars like mine, so I'm wondering if you might be able to indulge me a little bit as to what (in your opinion) you think is the best, most efficient and most reliable way to get these cars up to 700.

My only fear is that I still want to be able to go on a 4000 mile trip with the car, so I don't want to lose too much of the cars reliability.

Otherwise... my main concern in life is to have the ability to break loose when I shift in to 4th!!!!!!!

So.... have at 'er! I'm anxiously awaiting your replies!

I have a 2011 GT500 that I would like to get up to around the 700hp (flywheel hp) area.

I know a lot of people on here do lots of mods to their cars like mine, so I'm wondering if you might be able to indulge me a little bit as to what (in your opinion) you think is the best, most efficient and most reliable way to get these cars up to 700.

My only fear is that I still want to be able to go on a 4000 mile trip with the car, so I don't want to lose too much of the cars reliability.

Otherwise... my main concern in life is to have the ability to break loose when I shift in to 4th!!!!!!!

ok--youll get lots of suggestions--to me the easiest most reliabe way is to change the supercharger out with a new TVS unit from Ford

Its a no-brainer, bigger super charger is the only way to get reliability, HP, Torque and your car will still be sweet to drive at all speeds. VMP TVS seems to be the best bang for buck.

I got a question about the TVS will it work on a 2011-12 GT500? I was interested in the 2010 kit but it says only for 2010. Can you buy the kit and use the FR tuner or buy the blower seperate and use your own tuner with a custom tune?

Call Tousley Ford and order a Ford Racing/Whipple 2.9L supercharger kit.

It comes with EVERYTHING you need including new spark plugs. It's a simple bolt-on addition that most people can install in one day at home.

It delivers 750HP at the crank, is 50-state emissions legal (and includes a EO# label), retains all of the safety features for Catalytic Converter and exhaust valve protection.

Tousley sells all of their FRPP items at COST plus 10% or COST plus $200, whichever is less. They also give you free shipping on all orders that total $1650.oo or more and unless you are in CA or MI, you don't pay sales tax.

I don't remember what I paid for my polished kit but I believe it was just under $5K ($4800 seems to ring a bell). Subtract $300 from that if you don't want it polished and you can't beat the price since it comes with the Supercharger, the Crusher inlet, a Cobra Jet dual 65mm bore throttle body, the Zip Tube, a HUGE MAF sensor body, a larger air box and a conical washable air filter and a new hi-volume dual fuel pump assembly PLUS the Ford Racing Pro-Cal tuner and tune.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12301

You can get a exact price by going on SVTPerformance.com and looking at the Vendor Forum for Tousley Ford. Ask Mike or Steve for a price and they will post it for you by the next day.

Oh, but if you only want 700HP you'll have to detune it!

HTH,

Phill

It comes with EVERYTHING you need including new spark plugs. It's a simple bolt-on addition that most people can install in one day at home.

It delivers 750HP at the crank, is 50-state emissions legal (and includes a EO# label), retains all of the safety features for Catalytic Converter and exhaust valve protection.

Tousley sells all of their FRPP items at COST plus 10% or COST plus $200, whichever is less. They also give you free shipping on all orders that total $1650.oo or more and unless you are in CA or MI, you don't pay sales tax.

I don't remember what I paid for my polished kit but I believe it was just under $5K ($4800 seems to ring a bell). Subtract $300 from that if you don't want it polished and you can't beat the price since it comes with the Supercharger, the Crusher inlet, a Cobra Jet dual 65mm bore throttle body, the Zip Tube, a HUGE MAF sensor body, a larger air box and a conical washable air filter and a new hi-volume dual fuel pump assembly PLUS the Ford Racing Pro-Cal tuner and tune.

You can get a exact price by going on SVTPerformance.com and looking at the Vendor Forum for Tousley Ford. Ask Mike or Steve for a price and they will post it for you by the next day.

HTH,

Phill

+1 I've seen Phill's car and another club members. Its the truth.

+++++++++++++++

Phil:

Did they have to do some modification to get the whipple to fit under your stock hood? How big of a deal is it? I have seen that you "may" have to move the K member? By installing does this void the warranty even though it comes with the ford cal tune?

HTH,

Phill

Archived