TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 in Oahu?

cwilder

I'm moving to Oahu. Fly out tomorrow morning. Was wondering if there are many Shelby owners on the Island? I am trying to decide if I want ti ship it out there or leave it with my father here in Orlando. Are there any team Shelby members in Hawaii?

I'm moving to Oahu. Fly out tomorrow morning. Was wondering if there are many Shelby owners on the Island? I am trying to decide if I want ti ship it out there or leave it with my father here in Orlando. Are there any team Shelby members in Hawaii?

Personally I wouldn’t spend the money to ship it there, unless it’s a vert...

I know of two in Kailua (Vista Blue & Red) on the windward part of Oahu. Also a White with black stripe in the Manoa Valley (Honolulu). Seen two GT-H's and a couple of SGT's around as well as well. Thats just what I saw while on a 10 day vacation. The 500's were parked at their homes

The second Saturday of every month is a Cars'n'Coffee in Honolulu as well.

Unless your stay is a short one, I say ship it...

My son was just transferred there. If it's a vert, ship it! He plans to buy a GT convertible on the mainland and ship out there at some point.

We are surrounded by them out here in Hawaii. There are at least a half dozen GT500s in my own neighborhood, as well as GTH and SGT models. Does my 66 GT350 count too? Plus a whole bunch of Cobras (factory, continuation and repli-kits).

We have two very active Mustang clubs on Oahu with quite a few GT500s running around. Checkout the events and photos at:

www.alohamustang.com

www.hawaiiperformance mustangs.com

Contact me when you come out here.

Aloha,

Don Johnston

member of:

Aloha Mustng & Shelby Club of Hawaii

Hawaii Performance Mustang

Team Shelby

Shelby American Auto Clu8b (regional rep.)

Thanks for the info Don!! I plan to ship it out next week! I will shoot you a email when it arrives. I will be living in Portlock. Look forward to joining the Aloha mustang club!!

Thanks for the info Don!! I plan to ship it out next week! I will shoot you a email when it arrives. I will be living in Portlock. Look forward to joining the Aloha mustang club!!

Welocome, neighbor. I live in the Portlock area up on the hill on Lumahai Place. The owner of the Ford dealership and Shelby dealer here is right down the road on Portlock. He is an old freind of Carroll's and CS stayed with him when he and Cleo last visietd about a dozen years ago. Looking forward to meeting you.

Aloha and E komo mai (welcome),

Don

waimanalo, kalihi, waipahu, honokai hale, nanakuli, waianae . . . not a good idea.

portlock no problem u got the "dog" for backup

Yeah, Dog the Bounty Hunter is right down the road in his overpriced compund usually surrounded by family and camera crews. Nice folks though when we see them at the markets or at the gym. None of that on screen attitude that helps sell viewer ratings. Youngblood drives a black 2008 GT500 inwhich he takes his kid to school (he doesn't live with the mother, but all are in the same neighborhood here). Most of the other personal and production cars are Chevy vans and Escalade types.

• 2 weeks later...

I live on Oahu. I'm stationed at Hickam. I have a 2008 GT500 white w/ black stripes. Think I'm the only one on the island with my color scheme. I have seen a blue and white stripe and a red and white stripe on base. I hope you enjoy Hawaii better than I do. Roads suck here.

Dave

I live on Oahu. I'm stationed at Hickam. I have a 2008 GT500 white w/ black stripes. Think I'm the only one on the island with my color scheme. I have seen a blue and white stripe and a red and white stripe on base. I hope you enjoy Hawaii better than I do. Roads suck here.

Dave

Dave,

Will you be at any of the upcoming Mustang car shows (Rumble on The Roof IV in Sept) or Cruise Nights (Kapolei this Sat. evening)? Roads and traffic do suck. Might need to put truck tires on the Shelby!

Aloha,

Don

Yeah, Dog the Bounty Hunter is right down the road in his overpriced compund usually surrounded by family and camera crews. Nice folks though when we see them at the markets or at the gym. None of that on screen attitude that helps sell viewer ratings. Youngblood drives a black 2008 GT500 inwhich he takes his kid to school (he doesn't live with the mother, but all are in the same neighborhood here). Most of the other personal and production cars are Chevy vans and Escalade types.

So now we know who owns that GT500 we sometimes see in DaKines parking lot.

Steve

Dave,

Will you be at any of the upcoming Mustang car shows (Rumble on The Roof IV in Sept) or Cruise Nights (Kapolei this Sat. evening)? Roads and traffic do suck. Might need to put truck tires on the Shelby!

Aloha,

Don

I have never been into the car club stuff. This is my first sports car/muscle car however you wanna say it. I may check into the rumble on the roof event. May be a lot of fun. Do you have to be a car club member first to go to that event?

Dave

I have never been into the car club stuff. This is my first sports car/muscle car however you wanna say it. I may check into the rumble on the roof event. May be a lot of fun. Do you have to be a car club member first to go to that event?

Dave

negative. free for the public. they have a contest to see who has the loudest mufflers lol.

My Shelby is scheduled to arrive on the 6th! Where are these events taking place? Don I'm over on Polihale place. Not to far from Dog. Nice gate he has :)

I also saw a Red GT500 pulled over tonight in Kailua on the way home.

a

The old quater mile track closed years ago. There is a new track in the works that only has dirt track rcing for now. Congrats on your car getting here. Upcoming events:

On Sat., Sept 10 11 AM, unveiling of two Shelby GT350 Mustangs that just arrived (one is mine) at Mike McKenna's Windward Ford in Kailua. The Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club of Hawaii to be on hand for the media event. Mike, by the way, actually lives in Portlock near you.

Next Mustang Show: Rumble on the Roof IV at Honolulu Ford in Kalihi, Sept 18, Sunday from 11 AM to 4 PM. Show is on the roof lot at the dealership. Cars are already pre-rigistered as there is room for only 50 Mustangs. Put on by the Hawaii Performance Mustangs. I will be there also.

Don

Wow! Looking forward to seeing the GT350! Congrats!! I'm gonna try and atttend both of these events! My son has soccer practice at La Jardin Saturdays as well at the same time so I'll be right there anyway. look forward to meeting you Don.

Chad

Archived