TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saw RogShelby2103 & SteelSteeds win 1st place today

Grabber

I stopped by the Mustang Stampede and all Ford car show just in time today to see RogShelby2103 (Roger) and SteelSteeds (Lance) win a couple 1st place trophies. I took the oppertunity to snap a couple pic's of them.

happy%20feet.gifCongrats on the Hardware guys !!! happy%20feet.gif

Here is Roger with his Super Charged SGT

022-5.jpg

026-5.jpg

027-5.jpg

And Lance with his bad ass Mustang II Cobra

006-6.jpg

023-5.jpg

024-5.jpg

025-5.jpg

Thanks for posting up the pics, Rob! It was a fun show, and my second year in a row getting a 1st place. This year they put me in the 74-93 All class, so I was competing against the Fox body crowd. Last year, since my car is a King Cobra, they had me in the Specialty Class, including Shelby, Saleen, Roush, and SVT Cobra Mustangs. That was a shock to win first! They must have had complaints from people who lost to me last year, as this year that class only included '85 and newer cars! :hysterical2::violin:

I don't know if you realize this Rob, but the owner of that yellow '70 Shelby is Ron Davis. He was at your Meet & Greet two and three years ago, once with a Ford GT, and once with his Saleen S7. That man owns some sweet iron... I talked with him a bit, and he said that this 'vert belonged to his brother, who passed away of cancer a few years ago. He inherited the car in a completely disassembled state, and has spent that entire time restoring it. Today's show was his 3rd show since it was completed, and the car has 5 miles on the resto. He intends to keep it indefinitely. I told him to bring it to the '12 M&G! He won a gold at the MCA judged show with it two weeks ago in Bellevue, WA.

I don't know if you realize this Rob, but the owner of that yellow '70 Shelby is Ron Davis. He was at your Meet & Greet two and three years ago, once with a Ford GT, and once with his Saleen S7. That man owns some sweet iron... I talked with him a bit, and he said that this 'vert belonged to his brother, who passed away of cancer a few years ago. He inherited the car in a completely disassembled state, and has spent that entire time restoring it. Today's show was his 3rd show since it was completed, and the car has 5 miles on the resto. He intends to keep it indefinitely. I told him to bring it to the '12 M&G! He won a gold at the MCA judged show with it two weeks ago in Bellevue, WA.

I talked to him about the car and he told me the recent awards the car received. I thought he looked very familiar but I could not put a name with the face. My bad.

I sure hope he can make next years meet and greet.

Archived