TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A little over priced?

sgt1020

A friend of mine is looking for a nice 2008 Vista Blue SGT convertible, so I've been watching eBay for him. I saw that car AND another one with those ridiculous prices.

In this day and age, how can ANYONE be so far off in their thinking?

Jer

A friend of mine is looking for a nice 2008 Vista Blue SGT convertible, so I've been watching eBay for him. I saw that car AND another one with those ridiculous prices.

In this day and age, how can ANYONE be so far off in their thinking?

Jer

Depends on what you think they are thinking: it's a common ploy among dealers in relatively rare or unfamiliar cars, to put an example in the paper without any intention of selling it at the asked-for price. The advertisement (or auction) is saved, and when farther down the road the seller comes across what they figure is a likely mark, they whip out the ad with elevated price as demonstration of how much they were going for last month or last year. Casual shoppers will look at the price and believe no one would put one up at that price without actually intending to sell, and an off-kilter valuation of the car is in place.

Go ahead, ask me: "Sure, I saw one like that for $65K; $55K is a bargain!" Sold to the man with more dollars than sense.

Depends on what you think they are thinking: it's a common ploy among dealers in relatively rare or unfamiliar cars, to put an example in the paper without any intention of selling it at the asked-for price. The advertisement (or auction) is saved, and when farther down the road the seller comes across what they figure is a likely mark, they whip out the ad with elevated price as demonstration of how much they were going for last month or last year. Casual shoppers will look at the price and believe no one would put one up at that price without actually intending to sell, and an off-kilter valuation of the car is in place.

Go ahead, ask me: "Sure, I saw one like that for $65K; $55K is a bargain!" Sold to the man with more dollars than sense.

Ah, OK. I can see your logic. Interesting spin.

So they're not actually stupid, they're creating a stupid scenario to later use as bait for stupid people.

OK, all this talk about stupid is making me...well... stupid.

hysterical.gif

Jer

Ah, OK. I can see your logic. Interesting spin.

So they're not actually stupid, they're creating a stupid scenario to later use as bait for stupid people.

OK, all this talk about stupid is making me...well... stupid.

hysterical.gif

Jer

Just "speculation" Jer...just "speculation"! :hysterical:

PS: I bet your loving the GT/SC about now!

I hope the car and the garage enjoy each others company.

That is way too much for a 4, going on 5 year old car.

CC

The age of the car has no bearing on the value here.It is the car itself that is not worth the money.

Are you saying that a 5 year old Ford GT is not worth $55000 because it is a 5 or 6 year old car?

If a 5 year old car is not worth the money,then a 1965 shelby can't be worth much.Heck,that car is 46 years old.

The age of the car has no bearing on the value here.It is the car itself that is not worth the money.

Are you saying that a 5 year old Ford GT is not worth $55000 because it is a 5 or 6 year old car?

If a 5 year old car is not worth the money,then a 1965 shelby can't be worth much.Heck,that car is 46 years old.

Yes, I believe the age of the car is a factor in the price and value. Of course this is my opinion. As long as your comparing

an original shelby's value to it's age I can give you my experience with my 67 Shelby. I paid 5K for it in '79. That was about

what the cars were going for back then.+/- depending on quality. That was a 12 year old car. fast forward about 10 years the

car was worth in the mid 30K. Fast forward to today and the car is worth 100K+. It took that 46 years for the value to go up.

If someone wants to spend 55K for an '07 then good for that person if he feels he is getting value for the $$.

Oh and try to touch a Ford GT for under 155K and consider yourself lucky. Completely different car that the SGT.

Not trying to be argumentative....

CC

Just "speculation" Jer...just "speculation"! :hysterical:

PS: I bet your loving the GT/SC about now!

Gonna finish installing the gauges tomorrow, I've been busy, so the car's been "laid up" all week.

Haven't driven it much. But it IS awesome.

My Watt's link is at the powder coater, gonna pick it up tomorrow, install it maybe next week.

I'm also going to replace the stereo head unit with (I THINK), the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT.

Jer

Archived