TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Suggestion on 20 Inch Rims

Hey Everyone.

I'm trying to figure out which way to go on upgrading rims on my SGT, but I'm having trouble picturing how different ones will look on my ride.

I was hoping you folks could help me out by posting a picture or two to show me what you have done with wheel upgrades. I still have the stock 18 inch polished wheels on right now.

post-13205-0-36428400-1311912132_thumb.jpg

My goal is to make sure the wheels aren't overstated, but blend together with the entire car. I do like the style of the orginal wheels, but I want to add better brakes to my mod list and the stock ones don't allow for much as we all know.

Please help me out of you can. Also, tell me what size you have and if they are same size for all 4 wheels.

Thanks,

Andy.

Hey Everyone.

I'm trying to figure out which way to go on upgrading rims on my SGT, but I'm having trouble picturing how different ones will look on my ride.

I was hoping you folks could help me out by posting a picture or two to show me what you have done with wheel upgrades. I still have the stock 18 inch polished wheels on right now.

Shelby GT-C side w Drew.jpg

My goal is to make sure the wheels aren't overstated, but blend together with the entire car. I do like the style of the orginal wheels, but I want to add better brakes to my mod list and the stock ones don't allow for much as we all know.

Please help me out of you can. Also, tell me what size you have and if they are same size for all 4 wheels.

Thanks,

Andy.

I don't know if budget is a concern, but the Alcoas (Shelby Super Snake) are one of the higher quality wheels, in my opinion. That being said, chrome Razors look GREAT on Vista Blue cars...

BTW, I have LOTS of pictures of SGTs with different wheels, from Vegas Bash events, etc.... so if there's something you wanna see ON THE CAR, I may have a pic' of it. Lemme know.

Jer

razor blue.jpg

razor blue.jpg

I almost get more compliments on these American Shelby Redlines than I do on the car itself. I think they're out of production - at least that's what I've been told - but you can still find them.

Hey Everyone.

Thanks,

Andy.

I attached 2 photos of my 20" wheels.. I always get compliments on them!

post-33807-0-25595100-1311956186_thumb.jpg

post-33807-0-39604300-1311956195_thumb.jpg

post-33807-0-25595100-1311956186_thumb.jpg

post-33807-0-39604300-1311956195_thumb.jpg

I almost get more compliments on these American Shelby Redlines than I do on the car itself. I think they're out of production - at least that's what I've been told - but you can still find them.

And, I love the Redline wheels too. They really POP on your grabber orange SGT. You have any more pics of the car with them on?

Yeah, I like those a lot.

Jer

And, I love the Redline wheels too. They really POP on your grabber orange SGT. You have any more pics of the car with them on?

If I didn't, I'd be derelict in my duty as an SGT owner! I agree about popping......personally, I think a bright car gets a lot of benefit from the contrast of darker wheels, just like a darker car really benefits from polished wheels.

2346.jpg

2360.jpg

P1000665.jpg

Here is a set of CS 40's. I also added the Baer Extreme six piston brakes last week. Unfortunately I had to ship one caliper back, started leaking brake fluid on everything. Pistons seals or something was bad but haven't heard from anybody yet. Really surprised on that, called Robert Lane to discuss the issue with him twice and no response. Anyway love my wheels and they look awesome, look really hot with the brakes too. :headscratch:

What tire size are you running Front and Rear?

They're 8x20 on the front and 9x20 on the rear, I believe - they might be an inch wider on both but I haven't measured them. They've got 275s on all fours and the ones on the back are too skinny - look pinched in. So whenever it's time to get new rubber, I'll get 285s or maybe even 295s on the back. For some strange reason, the rears seem to be wearing a lot faster than the fronts!

Peek at these......

I'd like to get a set of those... Either Silver or Chrome.

What did you do for tires, and how do you like the setup for drivability?

Jer

There are a ton of great wheels here...soo hard to choose.

Silver Razors are a strong potential (Jer, your chromes are excellent), and also saw those that Swedeman has...like those a lot.

On the Razors, are the Silvers too dull -- are the Chrome too much bling for the Vista Blue?

Another thought is the 2007-2009 SVT wheels that came on the GT500...those are pretty reasonable, and I thought I saw a TS member with some on a Vista Blue SGT.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=9485

Or these newer GT500 from 2011 models that are 19"

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12305

These newer ones are 19 x 9, but the 2007-2009 wheels are 18 x 9.5...anything I should know about there?

Both will clear many of the upgraded brake options.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Andy.

Silver Razors are a strong potential (Jer, your chromes are excellent), and also saw those that Swedeman has...like those a lot.

On the Razors, are the Silvers too dull -- are the Chrome too much bling for the Vista Blue?

Another thought is the 2007-2009 SVT wheels that came on the GT500...those are pretty reasonable, and I thought I saw a TS member with some on a Vista Blue SGT.

http://www.fordracin...rtKeyField=9485

http://www.fordracin...tKeyField=12305

These newer ones are 19 x 9, but the 2007-2009 wheels are 18 x 9.5...anything I should know about there?

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Andy.

Thanks for the compliment... Y'know, I loved the Chrome Razors on Vista Blue the MOST. That's why I had that pic' I posted from the Bash, I was knocked out by how badass they looked against the blue. And SteelTown's look really killer on Red, too.

I like silver Razors on the black or white cars.

Jer

http://www.fordracin...rtKeyField=9485

http://www.fordracin...tKeyField=12305

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Andy.

Ok here is the bottom line........I sold my chrome Razors to a person on the forum they love them but after I had them for a few years there was simply too much bling and you'll get sick of them, it was almost like the gold chains on Roger neck, too much of a 1980's look! :hysterical:

post-10457-0-63452700-1312515409_thumb.jpg

post-10457-0-63452700-1312515409_thumb.jpg

Ok here is the bottom line........I sold my chrome Razors to a person on the forum they love them but after I had them for a few years there was simply too much bling and you'll get sick of them, it was almost like the gold chains on Roger neck, too much of a 1980's look! :hysterical:

OK, since we're being all candid here, I will admit I bought HALF of Swede's Razors to have a set of ET24 rears.

And, yes, chrome ones ARE blingy. But actually kinda "stealth" here in Vegas... heh heh heh...

Let's see if the OTHER perp 'fesses up.

glare.gif

Jer

OK, since we're being all candid here, I will admit I bought HALF of Swede's Razors to have a set of ET24 rears.

And, yes, chrome ones ARE blingy. But actually kinda "stealth" here in Vegas... heh heh heh...

glare.gif

Jer

Double post...sorry!!!

glare.gif

Jer

Jer - Your posts crack me up! I loved the bling but here in tumbleweed town they just didn't look they way I wanted with all the rain coming down. :) That being said I would have never changed them if they were not done at Shelby American, I wanted all the mods, yes even the wheels, to be done by them. BTW- Jer....they look awesome on your car!!!

PS: The "gold chain" remark concerning Roger...I actually thought that was Las Vegas comedy at its best! Laughed at my own jokes...thats bad!

EDITED:

OK....

How do you think these would look on Vista Blue SGT?

http://www.fordracin...tKeyField=12612

I'll admit, I have a weird prejudice against mixing stuff from different generations of cars and wheels. So a wheel that identifies as a 2012 Mustang wheel doesn't mix with a 2007 body style.

I know, like I said, it's weird.

Look, my Mom smoked during the pregnancy, OK?

Jer

Archived