TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaque Sealing - Long Term Update

DoubleX

For those that have sealed their signed dash plaques, any updates as to discoloring, fading, etc.? Was just thinking about finally putting mine in and was going to seal it first....so I figured it would be worth asking if there are any noticable problems from those that did this years ago.

For those that have sealed their signed dash plaques, any updates as to discoloring, fading, etc.? Was just thinking about finally putting mine in and was going to seal it first....so I figured it would be worth asking if there are any noticable problems from those that did this years ago.

Three years, moderate sun exposure and appears to be no fade..

I would say around 18 months of top being down full sun, a few days of rain filled interior and one hail storm . Plaque seems to be holding up well although the sun visors are almost gone ( can see through the material to the cardboard ) boot is faded.

Mine has been holding up perfect too !

I have no noticeable fading, no modifications. We will have to compare at 10 years and hopefully again at 20! I will have taken delivery exactly 5 years ago on Monday :happy feet: She is getting a delux build sheet for her birthday.

Archived