TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Super Snake Finish

She looks fantastic..........congrats.

It's very surprising how much attention these cars get. My SS must be on at least 200 cell phones.......the pictures taken from other people never stops.

[attachment=68820:131.JPG. The red Stitching interior by Gary Disney is incrediable!! He did the steering wheel also...

Congrats!!

I was wondering what the Red stitched logo's looked like? Gary told me he had a Red logo stitched set of covers that he was doing for a Super Snake a few months ago when I ordered my SS interior upgrade. I went with the Silver SS logo's and Red seat stitching.

I was also wondering how the Red trimmed steering wheel would look installed. Did you get the solid leather or perforated leather on the Red portion of the steering wheel.

0032-1.jpg

R

Congrats!!

I was wondering what the Red stitched logo's looked like? Gary told me he had a Red logo stitched set of covers that he was doing for a Super Snake a few months ago when I ordered my SS interior upgrade. I went with the Silver SS logo's and Red seat stitching.

I was also wondering how the Red trimmed steering wheel would look installed. Did you get the solid leather or perforated leather on the Red portion of the steering wheel.

0032-1.jpg

R

I went with the solid leather on the steering wheel. It looks great.

I went with the solid leather on the steering wheel. It looks great.

All I can say is that your car looks Great!!

I have always liked the Black body color with the Flat Black stripes. I'll bet that the Red accent interior really "Pops" against the dark body color, and then the 3.6LC......................

R

• 2 weeks later...

2011-06-09_11-27-23_201.jpg Down in Gilbert..

Just moved to Arizona in April, found a 2009 gt 500 I just put my deposit down to have completed. What year is your car and what options did you decide to go with. We just moved into a house in the north Scottsdale area. Any special upgrades you had done?

Seen your car at the pavilions for the last mustang night there. i will have my gt500 out there for this months mustang night. Will be fresh from Shelby Motorsports getting the full suspension treatment. Hope to see you out there. We are hoping for a big showing from our club. wild west mustangs of az.

Just moved to Arizona in April, found a 2009 gt 500 I just put my deposit down to have completed. What year is your car and what options did you decide to go with. We just moved into a house in the north Scottsdale area. Any special upgrades you had done?

mine is a 2009, wnet with the 800HP, Front and rear breaks, Perforated seats with red inserts, console cover, shifter boot, E-brake boot, Borla Stingers, Cooling System, White Ball Shifter (Must Have), and since the rear says nothing about a SS, I went with the Faux rear gas cap. Where from the NW did you move from? We moved down from Seattle last year.

Seen your car at the pavilions for the last mustang night there. i will have my gt500 out there for this months mustang night. Will be fresh from Shelby Motorsports getting the full suspension treatment. Hope to see you out there. We are hoping for a big showing from our club. wild west mustangs of az.

I plan on being there at the end of the month. See you at the Pavilions :hysterical: :happy feet: :happy feet:

mine is a 2009, wnet with the 800HP, Front and rear breaks, Perforated seats with red inserts, console cover, shifter boot, E-brake boot, Borla Stingers, Cooling System, White Ball Shifter (Must Have), and since the rear says nothing about a SS, I went with the Faux rear gas cap. Where from the NW did you move from? We moved down from Seattle last year.

Moved from Akron/Canton Ohio 5 minutes from the Pro Football hall of fame. Getting ready to move again to Avondale (job) looks like we are going to have some power in our area that is for sure. Red, black interior red stitching, had a grey stripe and grey stitching (ohio state colors in the seats, they are patterning the seats after the2010-12 design) shifter, cooling system, upgrade on rear brake system, watts link suspension, white ball shifter, console cover, shifter boot and e brake boot red stitched also, oh and most importantly 800HP **that's niceeeee** Still debating the exhaust, I asked in another thread if anyone ha d any suggestions. I forgot, when I purchased the vehicle it came with 2 sets of wheels, 1 set of 20's, since Shelby wont sell you the Black power coated wheels on an 09 I am getting those powder coated black also. I think I should have waited to see if these 20's cleared the brake calipers 1st.? Is there a notable difference in sound with the stingers over the supplied exhaust?

Moved from Akron/Canton Ohio 5 minutes from the Pro Football hall of fame. Getting ready to move again to Avondale (job) looks like we are going to have some power in our area that is for sure. Red, black interior red stitching, had a grey stripe and grey stitching (ohio state colors in the seats, they are patterning the seats after the2010-12 design) shifter, cooling system, upgrade on rear brake system, watts link suspension, white ball shifter, console cover, shifter boot and e brake boot red stitched also, oh and most importantly 800HP **that's niceeeee** Still debating the exhaust, I asked in another thread if anyone ha d any suggestions. I forgot, when I purchased the vehicle it came with 2 sets of wheels, 1 set of 20's, since Shelby wont sell you the Black power coated wheels on an 09 I am getting those powder coated black also. I think I should have waited to see if these 20's cleared the brake calipers 1st.? Is there a notable difference in sound with the stingers over the supplied exhaust?

If you decide to do the Alcoa widening thing, 325's fit on the back and 275's fit on the front while retaining the original Super Snake appearance. Don't widen your 10" Alcoa's unless you are going to stay with a 9" front wheel.

019.jpg

026.jpg

R

I will have my gt500 out there for this months mustang night. Will be fresh from Shelby Motorsports getting the full suspension treatment. Hope to see you out there. We are hoping for a big showing from our club. wild west mustangs of az.

Did you by chance just have your GT500 at Shelby in Las Vegas last week?

The reason I ask is, I was on my way back home from Cali to CO on Monday when I came up on a Blue with White (or Silver) stripes Shelby being towed on a open car trailer. It was wrapped in semi-clear (blue-ish tint) plastic so I couldn't see it well enough to tell the year or era of the car (i.e. the hood vent(s) or the Snake on left/right of the grille) or if it even had a KR hood but I did note the double stripes so I know it wasn't a Super Snake. It also had Alcoa Dura-Bright wheels on it but I couldn't tell if they were 18's or 20's. They looked like they were most likely 18's so I suspect it was a GT500KR. The S-H-E-L-B-Y was all the way across the back rather than on the left side so either someone modded it or it was a later model car (or do KR"s have it spread across the back?).

The car was Eastbound on I-15 right at the Mesquite (last NV) exit at 7:30 p.m. on Monday night (August 8, 2011) and it was being towed by a new or newer dark colored Ford pick-up truck. It was just getting dark so I couldn't tell for sure what color it was but it looked black. The truck had a "dealer plate" on the front so it was apparently a pretty new truck. Not a dealer license plate but a plate the dealers put on new cars to show the dealership name.

I was in a dark colored 2011 Ford Flex that pulled up behind, then passed to the left then crossed over in front of the truck and let the truck pass me on my left while I took the Mesquite (last NV) exit for my usual first night stay.

That is right on the NV/AZ boarder and I see you're from AZ so I thought "just maybe"....

If it wasn't you, is there anyone else here that had their car at Shelby and picked it up on Monday, Aug. 8th?

I'm just wondering who it was and if it was someone from this forum.

Phill Pollard

Did you by chance just have your GT500 at Shelby in Las Vegas last week?

The reason I ask is, I was on my way back home from Cali to CO on Monday when I came up on a Blue with White (or Silver) stripes Shelby being towed on a open car trailer. It was wrapped in semi-clear (blue-ish tint) plastic so I couldn't see it well enough to tell the year or era of the car (i.e. the hood vent(s) or the Snake on left/right of the grille) or if it even had a KR hood but I did note the double stripes so I know it wasn't a Super Snake. It also had Alcoa Dura-Bright wheels on it but I couldn't tell if they were 18's or 20's. They looked like they were most likely 18's so I suspect it was a GT500KR. The S-H-E-L-B-Y was all the way across the back rather than on the left side so either someone modded it or it was a later model car (or do KR"s have it spread across the back?).

The car was Eastbound on I-15 right at the Mesquite (last NV) exit at 7:30 p.m. on Monday night (August 8, 2011) and it was being towed by a new or newer dark colored Ford pick-up truck. It was just getting dark so I couldn't tell for sure what color it was but it looked black. The truck had a "dealer plate" on the front so it was apparently a pretty new truck. Not a dealer license plate but a plate the dealers put on new cars to show the dealership name.

I was in a dark colored 2011 Ford Flex that pulled up behind, then passed to the left then crossed over in front of the truck and let the truck pass me on my left while I took the Mesquite (last NV) exit for my usual first night stay.

That is right on the NV/AZ boarder and I see you're from AZ so I thought "just maybe"....

If it wasn't you, is there anyone else here that had their car at Shelby and picked it up on Monday, Aug. 8th?

I'm just wondering who it was and if it was someone from this forum.

Phill Pollard

Nope it wasnt mine. lol I will actually have my car up there on monday getting some work done though. Last time I went up there I also seen a 2011-12 GT500 on a trailer heading for las vegas. Was there today and MAN do they have some sweet rides in the mod shop! 2 KR's, like an 1,100 hp 2010 GT500 and a few other gt500's as well. Some serious power goin on in there. lol.

Archived