TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A dealer offer....

supe

hey guys...

I just gat a call from my local Ford dealer offering a GT500 convertible at $7500.00 over MSRP. This car MSRP is at $49,000. The dealer said "We are trying to make as much as we can while it last". So I asked "how long will it last" the reply "Cars are at dealerships and prices are dropping". I am still undecided about the deal.

Any words of support?

hey guys...

I just gat a call from my local Ford dealer offering a GT500 convertible at $7500.00 over MSRP. This car MSRP is at $49,000. The dealer said "We are trying to make as much as we can while it last". So I asked "how long will it last" the reply "Cars are at dealerships and prices are dropping". I am still undecided about the deal.

Any words of support?

Every person that gives into an ADM is making them stay around that much longer.

That it is this much, shows that people are holding tight and maybe we can all anticipate getting a car for MSRP, which is a more than fair price for this car.

I don't want to get into another ADM battle. My only issue is this - I can afford a 40-50k car, which this is at MSRP. I can't afford a 50-100k car, which is what this car costs with an ADM. I'm very very happy everyone got their cars, regardless of ADM or not, but please please please hold off so the ADM's die down so those of us with no more than the MSRP means can get a crack at this vehicle.

If they dropped this far, they will drop some more. Be patient, I'm sure we will see them for MSRP with all the competition coming out - Camaro - Charger etc..

Peace

Every person that gives into an ADM is making them stay around that much longer.

That it is this much, shows that people are holding tight and maybe we can all anticipate getting a car for MSRP, which is a more than fair price for this car.

I don't want to get into another ADM battle. My only issue is this - I can afford a 40-50k car, which this is at MSRP. I can't afford a 50-100k car, which is what this car costs with an ADM. I'm very very happy everyone got their cars, regardless of ADM or not, but please please please hold off so the ADM's die down so those of us with no more than the MSRP means can get a crack at this vehicle.

If they dropped this far, they will drop some more. Be patient, I'm sure we will see them for MSRP with all the competition coming out - Camaro - Charger etc..

Peace

I agree with you but also have to say this is a good deal for the timing if the car is what you want and you can afford it go for it.....If you have your mind made up that MSRP is it then stick to that and hope the next round will be at MSRP. I still believe we will see MSRP on these even though i padi the adm but I don't think there is a chance of anything below MSRP on them....there are too many people willing to pay MSRP and likely as these get closer to MSRP many will step up and pay a small adm to get the car rather than wait.

Tough call - if you want it now try telling them you will pay 5K or what ever and see if you can knock it down as low as possible...good luck.

hey guys...

Any words of support?

My local dealer here in Connecticut just sold their black GT500 convertible, the asking price was $69,999. I agree with Dropping Chronic to be patient if you don't want to pay an ADM.

I agree with you but also have to say this is a good deal for the timing if the car is what you want and you can afford it go for it.....If you have your mind made up that MSRP is it then stick to that and hope the next round will be at MSRP. I still believe we will see MSRP on these even though i padi the adm but I don't think there is a chance of anything below MSRP on them....there are too many people willing to pay MSRP and likely as these get closer to MSRP many will step up and pay a small adm to get the car rather than wait.

Tough call - if you want it now try telling them you will pay 5K or what ever and see if you can knock it down as low as possible...good luck.

I don't anticipate lower than MSRP for them either. But MSRP will happen, and sooner rather than later if people would just excercise some restraint.

It's working so far - $7500 is cheaper than $20k. AGAIN - NOT HATING ON ANYONE THAT PAID AN ADM.

See if they'll do MSRP if you agree to finance the full amount (pay it off or refinance after the 3rd payment)

Why the 3rd payment??? All that is so the dealer can make something. There is NO prepay penalty. You walk out the door and send a check for the full pay off amount the same day!

Just call Ford Credit and ask them! They will tell you that you do NOT need to make any minimum number of payments before paying off the loan. That is just dealer hipe to get customers to make 3 payments before paying off the loan so the dealer can still make something off the financing.

• 2 weeks later...

Some have paid more, and some have paid less. What you pay for the car is your personal choice and business, and while you may be perceved in the bigger picture as contrbuting to the continuation of ADM's for this car, realistically unless Anti-ADM Sentry's are posted inside every GT500 that's in every Ford Dealership throughout this land and Canada in order to stop people from paying the ADM, someone else somewhere will buy the car for whatever price the dealer is asking over M.S.R.P. and happily take the car.

Freewill is impossible to control. It's one of the main contributing factors why Communism fails in the the long run, and is also the reason why fundamentalist Arab and Moslem countries are scared sh*%less of the West because they don't want to loose control of their population to the "great immoral satin" United States. And while I must sadly agree that our country's morality has diminshed greatly over the last 35 years or so, the U.S. is far, far away from being the great sin factory that the Moslem's make us out to be; but I digress. Freewill is the reason why ADM's will continue to exsist no matter how bad we want them to go away.

So the bottom line is that if you feel that $7,500.00 is not a bad reaming, then buy the car. If you feel that $7,500.00 is absurd, then pass on the deal but don't get mad when someone else comes behind you and buys the car with that ADM.

If you decide to go with the deal, then try knocking the ADM down to $5000.00 (or better) by telling the dealer that the car is not the color you really want, you wanted the other stereo system (in other words, tell them you wanted the opposite of whatever system is in the car now) and that a convertible was not necessarly what you were looking for either, but you would "settle" for their car if they cut the ADM down.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

I don't anticipate lower than MSRP for them either. But MSRP will happen, and sooner rather than later if people would just excercise some restraint.

It's working so far - $7500 is cheaper than $20k. AGAIN - NOT HATING ON ANYONE THAT PAID AN ADM.

I hope for your sake they are coming down...but I wouldn't count on it especially if you want the first run 2007 Shelby GT-500 to be made in 40 years!!! Back in August a dealer in Chicago was telling me $5,000 over until we got serious.

This is not the Mustang GT (great car, but a production car) The Shelby is a car used to sell other Ford cars...it's known as a Halo car. A good friend of mine owned a Ford dealership (has since retired) and assures me of this. Just my two cents.

I hope for your sake they are coming down...but I wouldn't count on it especially if you want the first run 2007 Shelby GT-500 to be made in 40 years!!! Back in August a dealer in Chicago was telling me $5,000 over until we got serious.

This is not the Mustang GT (great car, but a production car) The Shelby is a car used to sell other Ford cars...it's known as a Halo car. A good friend of mine owned a Ford dealership (has since retired) and assures me of this. Just my two cents.

The GT500 is also a production car.

That might not be such a bad deal if you want a 07 car. We should start seeing some dealing as spring is here and all the cars delayed bacause of winter are going to start showing up at the dealerships. However, the production run for 07 is about over.fore the production run for the 07's will end and when is over there and there will be no more 1st year cars. This may give the dealers some leverage. FYI, Barrett Jackson just sold a coupe for 62K and a vert for 93K in Palm Beach. I don't know if they were something special but it goes to show people are still willing to pay for these cars waht ever it take to get one.

Some have paid more, and some have paid less. What you pay for the car is your personal choice and business, and while you may be perceved in the bigger picture as contrbuting to the continuation of ADM's for this car, realistically unless Anti-ADM Sentry's are posted inside every GT500 that's in every Ford Dealership throughout this land and Canada in order to stop people from paying the ADM, someone else somewhere will buy the car for whatever price the dealer is asking over M.S.R.P. and happly take the car.

Freewill is impossible to control. It's one of the main contributing factors why Communism fails in the the long run, and is also the reason why fundamentalist Arab and Moslem countries are scared sh*%less of the West because they don't want to loose control of their population to the "great immoral satin" United States. And while I must sadly agree that our country's morality has diminshed greatly over the last 35 years or so, the U.S. is far, far away from being the great sin factory that the Moslem's make us out to be; but I digress. Freewill is the reason why ADM's will continue to exsist no matter how bad we want them to go away.

So the bottom line is that if you feel that $7,500.00 is not a bad reaming, then buy the car. If you feel that $7,500.00 is absurd, then pass on the deal but don't get mad when someone else comes behind you and buys the car with that ADM.

If you decide to go with the deal, then try knocking the ADM down to $5000.00 (or better) by telling the dealer that the car is not the color you really want, you wanted the other stereo system (in other words, tell them you wanted the opposite of whatever system is in the car now) and that a convertible was not necessarly what you were looking for either, but you would "settle" for their car if they cut the ADM down.

Hope this helps you make your decision.

+1

hey guys...

Any words of support?

If you do not want it for $7,500 over MSRP give me the name of the dealer.

Now - I do not really want the name of the dealer. But if you had a shiver run up and down your spine at the thought of loosing the car that you could have had for that price - you probably should buy the car.

Me - I want this car, but I will not pay over MSRP for it. So I do not feel bad having turned down an offer for 10K over MSRP for the car last August. If I do not get a Shelby (it doesn't have to be a first year model for me since I think some of the bugs will be worked out in the 08 year) I will still be happy with a Challenger or a Camaro or one of probably a dozen other cars in the 40-50 K range. Or I could just wait a few years and pick up a used Shelby after the depreciation starts.

Let your heart tell you what you should do. And make the decision based off of what makes you happy. Do not make the decision based off of fighting the ADM war.

Be smart and keep your wallet closed for now as the price bubble is obviously deflating as expected. It always, always works this way with new "hot" cars. Tell the dealer to call when they are 0 over, you may hear from him much sooner than you think as there are many thousands of GT 500s on the way.

Please remember your post when the 07's are done and you don't have one...I will be sure and remind you.

If you want one you had better get it now...and at $7,500 over...a big mistake not to jump on it.

Be smart and keep your wallet closed for now as the price bubble is obviously deflating as expected. It always, always works this way with new "hot" cars. Tell the dealer to call when they are 0 over, you may hear from him much sooner than you think as there are many thousands of GT 500s on the way.

You obviously haven't read the latest Supreme Court decision. You're going to be lucky to get any car like this in a few months...so yes smart one put your wallet away and get in your volkswagon.

Did not hear about any high court descisions? Could you enlighten me with a brief summary? I am starting to wonder if I should cancel my order and sit back and wait for 2 things. 1. A car at MSRP and 2. A car that has some improvements learned after the first year of production. I am also starting to wonder after hearing things like "Don't worry 2007 owners we won't forget you!" I have not paid for the car yet and I hear apologies about being neglected as a 2007 owner. Kind of a no-brainer? I was paying +11k and I am constantly reminded that I may be a sucker when people constantly post +1 on this forum. Kind of makes you feel like a fool for paying that kind of money. I look at the Mustang GT (New one on Ebay listed for $24K loaded from a dealer) and ask myself is this Shelby really worth $38K more? I could buy 2 GT's and mod them to go fast with the $14K I would have left over. I know-it would not be a Shelby. I really want a Shelby, but at what cost?

Did not hear about any high court descisions? Could you enlighten me with a brief summary? I am starting to wonder if I should cancel my order and sit back and wait for 2 things. 1. A car at MSRP and 2. A car that has some improvements learned after the first year of production. I am also starting to wonder after hearing things like "Don't worry 2007 owners we won't forget you!" I have not paid for the car yet and I hear apologies about being neglected as a 2007 owner. Kind of a no-brainer? I was paying +11k and I am constantly reminded that I may be a sucker when people constantly post +1 on this forum. Kind of makes you feel like a fool for paying that kind of money. I look at the Mustang GT (New one on Ebay listed for $24K loaded from a dealer) and ask myself is this Shelby really worth $38K more? I could buy 2 GT's and mod them to go fast with the $14K I would have left over. I know-it would not be a Shelby. I really want a Shelby, but at what cost?

As far as court decisions, ripthedealeroff has been posting this everywhere.

Who knows why?

As far as you paying too much, that's a question only you can answer. I would not feel foolish for paying $11 over. If that's what the market is where you live, then that's what it is.

2007 Job #2 is being built, so there are already improvements. 2008 will cost around $1,000 more anyway.

As far as the statement "Don't worry 2007 owners we won't forget you!" This was in response to the KR being rolled out. Amy means that you will have mods available for your car, too. Lots of 'em, and all Shelby branded (the best type). As far as a KR is concerned, I wouldn't even think of it as the ADM's will be through the ROOF!!!!!

I hope this eases your mind some. In the end, it's your decision. Good luck.

Archived