TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaker 1000 Question

owenkelley

I searched the threads to see if this had been asked before and I couldn't find it anywhere, so hopefully I'm not asking about something that's been addressed before.

Is there much audible difference between having the Shaker "on" and "off"? I couldn't tell any difference sitting in the car. I had to have my head in the trunk and my wife turning it on and off to notice any difference at all. The system sounds great, I just expected a more noticeable difference between off and on. Anybody else experience this?

I searched the threads to see if this had been asked before and I couldn't find it anywhere, so hopefully I'm not asking about something that's been addressed before.

Is there much audible difference between having the Shaker "on" and "off"? I couldn't tell any difference sitting in the car. I had to have my head in the trunk and my wife turning it on and off to notice any difference at all. The system sounds great, I just expected a more noticeable difference between off and on. Anybody else experience this?

I'm with you, I can't tell but my daughters say its a noticable difference. They also are teenagers so they know about this stuff. I leave such things to them because I had a 8 track player in my 66 mustang when I was their age. I did love that 8 track back in the day. :banana piano:

My stereo test for new cars - Primarily Cobras-

If you can hear the stereo with the windows down at 120-130mph - it's good enough.

:happy feet:

I'm with you, I can't tell but my daughters say its a noticable difference. They also are teenagers so they know about this stuff. I leave such things to them because I had a 8 track player in my 66 mustang when I was their age. I did love that 8 track back in the day. :banana piano:

How's this for dating myself - I actually bought a new 8-track instead of going with a cassette deck because I had a bunch of 8-tracks already, and I couldn't believe they would ever quit making 8-tracks!

I believe it turns the subwoofers on and off. I can tell the difference if the trunk is open or if it's turned up fairly loud with a strong base song. I posted back a while ago that I was disappointed with the system. It seems like it needs ports between the trunk and the interior to allow the sub-base to get through.

Shaker "On" Car go BOOM!

Shaker "Off" Car no go Boom!

You have to rememeber the car has "Speed" volume, raises and lowers as you speed up and slow down. You might need to adjust that, I have mine set a "3".

How's this for dating myself - I actually bought a new 8-track instead of going with a cassette deck because I had a bunch of 8-tracks already, and I couldn't believe they would ever quit making 8-tracks!

I'm there brother. I had a bunch and the back seat of my 66 was littered with 8 tracks. No biggie, you couldn't put much in the back seat anyway!

Owen

I was testing the stereo in my vert today and there are some settings that you can change for how the speakers direct the sound. The settings are Drivers Seat, All Seats, Convertible. When I put it on Convertible the subs really start thumping. When I turn the Shaker on and off in this setting you can really tell the difference. I mean the whole car thumps even at low volume!

I thought the 4 Track was better!.... Damn im getting old!

post-8247-1175005293_thumb.jpg

post-8247-1175005293_thumb.jpg

Owen

I was testing the stereo in my vert today and there are some settings that you can change for how the speakers direct the sound. The settings are Drivers Seat, All Seats, Convertible. When I put it on Convertible the subs really start thumping. When I turn the Shaker on and off in this setting you can really tell the difference. I mean the whole car thumps even at low volume!

What if you turn it on "get back at McDonald's drive-through because of their poor speaker quality" setting?

Sounds like a nice feature. I still haven't figured out all the features on my Shaker 500...I like that noise compensation thingy though. :hyper:

I'm there brother. I had a bunch and the back seat of my 66 was littered with 8 tracks. No biggie, you couldn't put much in the back seat anyway!

Back in the old days before it was so politically incorrect, I found that a cold pack of beer would fit perfectly under the folddown rear seat of my '65 fastback. Not that I would do that now, but thirty years ago it was a great way to hide your beer from the cops!

Archived