TEAM SHELBY FORUM

sean1327

hi guys, i havent been on this forum for over 6months. i tried finding a gt500 for sticker, but the markup was to much. i recently bought a 07 porsche cayman (love the mid engine) and was wondering what is going on with the 08 gt500's. im sure i will be told to seach but i just want a quick answer. is it possible that i can leave a deposit with a dealer and get the car at msrp. (power lease i think its called) are there any other ways i can get it? i remember reading a thread a 6months ago where people got their 500 close to invoice but would not explain how. seems skechy

-please respond like you are talking to a complete idiot. i do not know that much about buying a car.

hi guys, i havent been on this forum for over 6months. i tried finding a gt500 for sticker, but the markup was to much. i recently bought a 07 porsche cayman (love the mid engine) and was wondering what is going on with the 08 gt500's. im sure i will be told to seach but i just want a quick answer. is it possible that i can leave a deposit with a dealer and get the car at msrp. (power lease i think its called) are there any other ways i can get it? i remember reading a thread a 6months ago where people got their 500 close to invoice but would not explain how. seems skechy

-please respond like you are talking to a complete idiot. i do not know that much about buying a car.

Welcome to the forums, sean1327!

Those who got that deal were the lucky powerlease holders.

-Powerlease holders were individuals who got a lease for the leftover '04 Cobras, with a promise from Ford that they would be entitled to order an '07 GT500 -above normal dealer allocations- so the dealers gave them a decent deal, in many cases. Sometimes, close to invoice.

Getting an '08 for MSRP? Let me know if you do. That is what I am working on. It's a very tough row to hoe. You have to call dealers to see who is interested. I believe the order banks will open up on April 16th. Production to start in late June.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

~Chris

I for one have a 2007 ordered and set for production on 032607. I am now wondering if $11k over MSRP is reasonable and do I want to chance it. The dealer told me no problem getting my deposit back. Any thoughts from the crew?

Mark

2007 Shelby Cobra GT500

Ordered 022207

Received VIN on 031207 (1ZVHT885275329484)

Scheduled for production 032607

Black with White Stripes

Nav System

Premium Trim Package

Sirius Radio

I for one have a 2007 ordered and set for production on 032607. I am now wondering if $11k over MSRP is reasonable and do I want to chance it. The dealer told me no problem getting my deposit back. Any thoughts from the crew?

Mark

2007 Shelby Cobra GT500

Ordered 022207

Received VIN on 031207 (1ZVHT885275329484)

Black with White Stripes

Nav System

Premium Trim Package

Sirius Radio

You should check your vin# there should be a S not a 5 after the T88 just thought I'd let you know it doesn't look correct......

Welcome to the forums, sean1327!

Those who got that deal were the lucky powerlease holders.

-Powerlease holders were individuals who got a lease for the leftover '04 Cobras, with a promise from Ford that they would be entitled to order an '07 GT500 -above normal dealer allocations- so the dealers gave them a decent deal, in many cases. Sometimes, close to invoice.

Getting an '08 for MSRP? Let me know if you do. That is what I am working on. It's a very tough row to hoe. You have to call dealers to see who is interested. I believe the order banks will open up on April 16th. Production to start in late June.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

~Chris

what do you mean the order banks open april 16.

You should check your vin# there should be a S not a 5 after the T88 just thought I'd let you know it doesn't look correct......

I believe I wrote it down wrong when the dealer read it off to me. My S looked like a 5 so thanks for the heads up. Still haven't made up my mind about purchase and I will probably just play it by ear and watch the market price for the car. If they are selling for less, I can always try and renegotiate, and if that doesn't work and I am not happy, I can always walk away. $57k plus tax is $61k so it is nothing to sneeze at. As long as Ford does not overbuild this car, it will hold its value and be a wise investment. I just hate to pay more than I have to, and find out a little later I could have paid less. I'm just like everyone else here trying to make inteligent descisions.

Mark

2007 Shelby Cobra GT500

Ordered 022207

Received VIN on 031207 (1ZVHT88S275329484)

Black with White Stripes

Nav System

Premium Trim Package

Sirius Radio

so basicly i cant get a 08 or 07 gt500 at msrp?

You asked what did he mean by order banks open April 16. That is what I answered. That has nothing to do with what price you might get one for. That is merely the date dealers can start imputting their orders into Ford's system for the 08 mustangs.

As for getting one for MSRP, very doubtful.

What if MSRP was $60k or $70k.....would you still buy one if you could get one for MSRP???

MSRP means nothing. That is nothing but what the manufacturer SUGGESTS as a retail price. It isn't carved in stone. MSRP has nothing to do with MARKET price the same as whatever values you look up on NADA, Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds, etc. Those are only SUGGESTED retail, trade in, and private party values.

Just the same as most vehicles, you don't see people lining up begging to pay MSRP! They want below dealer invoice! Yet on this car everyone is begging for an MSRP deal!

Getting an MSRP deal on this car would be the same as getting most any other car for $10k - $20k below MSRP! In most cases it ain't gonna happen!

What is MSRP to you anyway? Do you intend to resell it right away to make a profit? Otherwise it doesn't really matter! The only thing that does matter is if you WANT one or NOT! If you WANT one because you plan to keep it to enjoy or store as an investment, then just BUY ONE! Otherwise find a less popular vehicle and buy that! Right now you can buy GT Mustangs below MSRP and most people that bought one in 05 paid up to $5k over MSRP! So buy a GT Mustang and save yourself $25k - $35k or maybe buy TWO for the price of one Shelby GT500. Or buy a Shelby GT. You can find those for MSRP and they are only making about 1/3 of those compared to the number of GT500's.

The only one's I know of that were LUCKY enough to get one of these for MSRP were a select few that got in early back in 05 about a year before this car came out and found a dealer willing to sell them one for that. That was LONG BEFORE dealers knew what these would actually bring! Once the dealers seen these bringing $20k - $30k over MSRP that was it! They ALL jumped on the wagon and marked them up. Some will still sell you one for $15k over. A few will take a little less and maybe even as little as $10k. A very few will list them on ebay with NO RESERVE where you can get lucky and snatch one for $8k - $12k over MSRP!

Anything at $10k over MSRP or a little less would be a STEAL! If you can get one for that BUY IT! I still see DEALERS paying $15k - $18k over MSRP to buy one from another dealer just to get one for a customer they have willing to pay more!

There are two people from this site that I have been trying to help find one for $10k over! So far no luck! And I have access to every dealer's inventory across the entire country! I did find ONE dealer that is willing but they have to make sure they can get the car first. They are pretty sure they can, but we are waiting for confirmation on it. Aside from that the best I have found any dealer willing to sell for is $18k over MSRP! It appears they are going up! 6 months ago I could have found them for $10k - $15k over everywhere! I guess those dealers sold all their allocation and no one else is willing to take less.

So that leaves one more year for the 08 to come out. MAYBE, and that is a BIG MAYBE, you might get LUCKY to get one for under $10k over! Of course that is only my opinion. Anything can happen. If the market changes where everyone and their brother that wanted one of these has purchased one already and there are thousands of these sitting on lots in 08, THEN you might get one for MSRP. Somehow I just don't see it happening! But I could be wrong. Maybe out of the 300 million plus people in this country, just maybe there are a lot less than 18k - 20k people that really want one of these cars. But I predict, and this is only my opinion, but I predict the highest ADM's are yet to come. I predict this will happen as we get close to the end of the 08 production where there are less than a few hundred of these cars remaining to be had. Because once they are gone that is it! There won't be any more built after that! BUT, that is assuming there isn't thousands of these just sitting around on dealers lots!

We will get TWO for 08 and that is it! I have a dozen buyers willing to pay $10k over MSRP right now! If it were up to me I would sell them for that! But the owner wants $15k and said he thinking about raising that to $20k. I have one buyer that will pay the $15k as soon as Ford releases the pricing on the 08. He doesn't want to commit incase Ford bumps these by another $5k - $10k! I don't blame him. But the minute Ford releases the pricing on the 08 he is first on the list and will get called. As long as Ford doesn't jump pricing over $5k he is in!

BTW, what IF Ford raises the price $10k on the 08? Are you still going to buy one for MSRP if you could find one for that???

I believe I wrote it down wrong when the dealer read it off to me. My S looked like a 5 so thanks for the heads up. Still haven't made up my mind about purchase and I will probably just play it by ear and watch the market price for the car. If they are selling for less, I can always try and renegotiate, and if that doesn't work and I am not happy, I can always walk away. $57k plus tax is $61k so it is nothing to sneeze at. As long as Ford does not overbuild this car, it will hold its value and be a wise investment. I just hate to pay more than I have to, and find out a little later I could have paid less. I'm just like everyone else here trying to make inteligent descisions.

Mark

2007 Shelby Cobra GT500

Ordered 022207

Black with White Stripes

Nav System

Premium Trim Package

Sirius Radio

I would hate to see someone lose money on an investment. This car or pretty much 99% of all cars and more like 99.99% of all American cars are not a good investment, not even close. This car will depreciate every year until about 30-40 years from now but who knows what the world we be in 40 years. Buy the car for today and only pay over if it is worth it to you to have one now and drive today.

You asked what did he mean by order banks open April 16. That is what I answered. That has nothing to do with what price you might get one for. That is merely the date dealers can start imputting their orders into Ford's system for the 08 mustangs.

As for getting one for MSRP, very doubtful.

What if MSRP was $60k or $70k.....would you still buy one if you could get one for MSRP???

MSRP means nothing. That is nothing but what the manufacturer SUGGESTS as a retail price. It isn't carved in stone. MSRP has nothing to do with MARKET price the same as whatever values you look up on NADA, Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds, etc. Those are only SUGGESTED retail, trade in, and private party values.

Just the same as most vehicles, you don't see people lining up begging to pay MSRP! They want below dealer invoice! Yet on this car everyone is begging for an MSRP deal!

Getting an MSRP deal on this car would be the same as getting most any other car for $10k - $20k below MSRP! In most cases it ain't gonna happen!

What is MSRP to you anyway? Do you intend to resell it right away to make a profit? Otherwise it doesn't really matter! The only thing that does matter is if you WANT one or NOT! If you WANT one because you plan to keep it to enjoy or store as an investment, then just BUY ONE! Otherwise find a less popular vehicle and buy that! Right now you can buy GT Mustangs below MSRP and most people that bought one in 05 paid up to $5k over MSRP! So buy a GT Mustang and save yourself $25k - $35k or maybe buy TWO for the price of one Shelby GT500. Or buy a Shelby GT. You can find those for MSRP and they are only making about 1/3 of those compared to the number of GT500's.

The only one's I know of that were LUCKY enough to get one of these for MSRP were a select few that got in early back in 05 about a year before this car came out and found a dealer willing to sell them one for that. That was LONG BEFORE dealers knew what these would actually bring! Once the dealers seen these bringing $20k - $30k over MSRP that was it! They ALL jumped on the wagon and marked them up. Some will still sell you one for $15k over. A few will take a little less and maybe even as little as $10k. A very few will list them on ebay with NO RESERVE where you can get lucky and snatch one for $8k - $12k over MSRP!

Anything at $10k over MSRP or a little less would be a STEAL! If you can get one for that BUY IT! I still see DEALERS paying $15k - $18k over MSRP to buy one from another dealer just to get one for a customer they have willing to pay more!

There are two people from this site that I have been trying to help find one for $10k over! So far no luck! And I have access to every dealer's inventory across the entire country! I did find ONE dealer that is willing but they have to make sure they can get the car first. They are pretty sure they can, but we are waiting for confirmation on it. Aside from that the best I have found any dealer willing to sell for is $18k over MSRP! It appears they are going up! 6 months ago I could have found them for $10k - $15k over everywhere! I guess those dealers sold all their allocation and no one else is willing to take less.

So that leaves one more year for the 08 to come out. MAYBE, and that is a BIG MAYBE, you might get LUCKY to get one for under $10k over! Of course that is only my opinion. Anything can happen. If the market changes where everyone and their brother that wanted one of these has purchased one already and there are thousands of these sitting on lots in 08, THEN you might get one for MSRP. Somehow I just don't see it happening! But I could be wrong. Maybe out of the 300 million plus people in this country, just maybe there are a lot less than 18k - 20k people that really want one of these cars. But I predict, and this is only my opinion, but I predict the highest ADM's are yet to come. I predict this will happen as we get close to the end of the 08 production where there are less than a few hundred of these cars remaining to be had. Because once they are gone that is it! There won't be any more built after that! BUT, that is assuming there isn't thousands of these just sitting around on dealers lots!

We will get TWO for 08 and that is it! I have a dozen buyers willing to pay $10k over MSRP right now! If it were up to me I would sell them for that! But the owner wants $15k and said he thinking about raising that to $20k. I have one buyer that will pay the $15k as soon as Ford releases the pricing on the 08. He doesn't want to commit incase Ford bumps these by another $5k - $10k! I don't blame him. But the minute Ford releases the pricing on the 08 he is first on the list and will get called. As long as Ford doesn't jump pricing over $5k he is in!

BTW, what IF Ford raises the price $10k on the 08? Are you still going to buy one for MSRP if you could find one for that???

In my opinion, if Ford raises the price by 10k and then you add the ADM for 15-20k then you just priced a great majority of the Mustang faithful out of the market. This was supposed to be a Mustang for the everyday guy. I'm not in the financial position to pay 70 grand plus for a car. Let alone 2 or more like some people can. Not a knock on them at all. i just can't do it. Single Dad with 2 kids and a house. I worked 400+ hours of overtime last year and am on pace to do that much or more this year. I can't justify the financial hardship that it would cause at that price. I love the GT500. I've wanted one since I saw the first picutes of it almost 2 years ago. But it's only a car. Yea it one of the best ones out there. But it's still a Mustang. Not a $100,000 vehicle.

If Ford raises the price by 10 grand for the '08's then it's now a 60 thousand dollar car at MSRP out the door. You add 20 grand of ADM and now it's way over 80 grand with the additional tax. I know I wouldn't even consider purchasing this car. I want it to drive and enjoy. Not be a garage queen hope that I made a wise investment 30-40 years down the road. Like I'm really gonna enjoy the profit from it then. I'd rather enjoy it now.

In my opinion, if Ford raises the price by 10k and then you add the ADM for 15-20k then you just priced a great majority of the Mustang faithful out of the market. This was supposed to be a Mustang for the everyday guy. I'm not in the financial position to pay 70 grand plus for a car. Let alone 2 or more like some people can. Not a knock on them at all. i just can't do it. Single Dad with 2 kids and a house. I worked 400+ hours of overtime last year and am on pace to do that much or more this year. I can't justify the financial hardship that it would cause at that price. I love the GT500. I've wanted one since I saw the first picutes of it almost 2 years ago. But it's only a car. Yea it one of the best ones out there. But it's still a Mustang. Not a $100,000 vehicle.

If Ford raises the price by 10 grand for the '08's then it's now a 60 thousand dollar car at MSRP out the door. You add 20 grand of ADM and now it's way over 80 grand with the additional tax. I know I wouldn't even consider purchasing this car. I want it to drive and enjoy. Not be a garage queen hope that I made a wise investment 30-40 years down the road. Like I'm really gonna enjoy the profit from it then. I'd rather enjoy it now.

I agree and I doubt Ford will raise it that much. But until Ford releases any pricing we just don't know what they will do. And IF for some reason Ford did raise it that much I would think the ADM's would drop by at least that much because it would price more buyers out of the market. It has already priced a lot of buyers out of the market. There are a lot of buyers that would have bought at $50k and struggled with that that now can't even get one for $50k!

I remember before this car came out. The owner went to a Ford meeting in FL. When he came back he said FORD was talking about possibly pricing this thing in the $80k range! I told him then I wouldn't be buying one for sure! I would go as high as $50k if need be, but more than that it wouldn't be worth it to me! I'll buy a Saleen instead! Thankfully Ford didn't do that. But it is in the $60k - $70k range anyway with the ADM. Add tax to that and you are at $65k - $75k.

With all the Shelby GT Mustangs and if Shelby comes out with more for 08 or something else like a GT350 that could help bring the ADM down on the GT500 with more buyers having more choices. But only time will tell for sure what will happen. It will all be over in about 14 more months!

Well my money says that Ford will wait until almost the end of the '08 production and then they will announce that there wil be an '09 GT500. Amy from Shelby stated awile back that there is language in the contract for a possible third year of production by it had not been finalized yet. My money says that if there is going to be a 3rd year it will be annonced at the last minute.

I think I have made up my mind based on the replies by mainly ShelbyDude and ChuckStang! Great answers and very convincing. I already own a 2006 Mustang GT so I know what I am getting in the Shelby GT500. I am buying the car to drive, and it will probably be in the garage when I die so it is not really something I am buying to make money on. I am semi-retired and I plan on driving the car across the USA this summer, hitting all corners. (Not Alaska however). Thanks so much for taking the time to write all of this good information up. As I have said before I live in South Florida but I own an RV Park off of I-75 In Georgia and if any of you are passing through drop me an email and I'll make sure you get a deal! We are ranked 26th in the country by good Sam/Trailer Life and as of yesterday we are still 5 Stars on Woodall's. Thanks again.

Mark

www.twinoaksrvpark.com

haarbauers@aol.com

2007 Shelby Cobra GT500

Ordered 022207

Black with White Stripes

Nav System

Premium Trim Package

Sirius Radio

2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition

2004 Jeep Liberty

2006 Mustang GT

Formerly Owned 3 Corvettes

Well my money says that Ford will wait until almost the end of the '08 production and then they will announce that there wil be an '09 GT500. Amy from Shelby stated awile back that there is language in the contract for a possible third year of production by it had not been finalized yet. My money says that if there is going to be a 3rd year it will be annonced at the last minute.

Well anything is possible and nothing would surprise me if Ford did that. But I think it would be a major mistake if they do. Why would they want to kill it by over producing these? I personally think they are already building to many as it is!

So far Ford keeps saying no. I hope they stick to it! From what I hear SVT still keeps saying no!

09 is suppose to be the Boss. The bullitt is also coming out but that is suppose to be a very limited number.

I suspect we will see a GT350 and another Mach 1. I think they have to many other models to work on, especially with the Challenger and Camero coming. Perhaps a new designed GT500 in the future. That wouldn't be a bad thing. Build for two years. Let it rest. Wait several years and build another with new designs. Let it rest. Keep the demand and popularity going. Build to many and you will just kill it! It would just become a another everyday car on the road!

I think there are just to many future models and designs to keep them busy with and to keep the demand high on mustangs. Look when the new 05 came out. Everyone had to have one. Now look. Two years later and lots of them sitting on lots! There are still hundreds of 06 mustangs sitting on dealers lots. Over build a product and that is what happens! Do this to an icon car and they will suely kill it as well! I hope they are smarter than that!

Ugggh, where do I start? See below in RED

Some will still sell you one for $15k over. A few will take a little less and maybe even as little as $10k. A very few will list them on ebay with NO RESERVE where you can get lucky and snatch one for $8k - $12k over MSRP!

See ebay all day. $15k adm is not selling and the dealers are re-listing 80-90% of these over and over again. $10K over MSRP? It absolutely CAN be found. Pick up the phone.

...I still see DEALERS paying $15k - $18k over MSRP to buy one from another dealer just to get one for a customer they have willing to pay more!

I spoke with only 1 local dealer who is "asking" $15k ADM. He has 2, yes 2 in stock that he would be happy to sell you. PM me if you want the name & number. I am POSITIVE you could do better with a little negotiation. He is HUNGRY.

They are pretty sure they can, but we are waiting for confirmation on it. Aside from that the best I have found any dealer willing to sell for is $18k over MSRP! It appears they are going up! 6 months ago I could have found them for $10k - $15k over everywhere! I guess those dealers sold all their allocation and no one else is willing to take less.

Sure, sure, sure. THE SKY IS FALLING!!! BUY NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!! BUY FROM MEEEEEEEE!!!!! You ARE funny! :hysterical2:

So that leaves one more year for the 08 to come out. MAYBE, and that is a BIG MAYBE, you might get LUCKY to get one for under $10k over! ....But I predict, and this is only my opinion, but I predict the highest ADM's are yet to come. I predict this will happen as we get close to the end of the 08 production where there are less than a few hundred of these cars remaining to be had. Because once they are gone that is it! There won't be any more built after that! BUT, that is assuming there isn't thousands of these just sitting around on dealers lots!

Contract for 2 years with Shelby, with an option for a 3rd. FACT.

Boy, good luck selling these! Where are you, on the moon?!? You are about the most mis-informed dealer around, IMO. Ford will raise the price by around $1,000. Are you happy, or upset by the truth? THE SKY IS FALLING!!! BUY NOW!!!!! FROM MEEEEEEEE!!!!! :hysterical2:

See above :boring:

In my opinion, if Ford raises the price by 10k and then you add the ADM for 15-20k then you just priced a great majority of the Mustang faithful out of the market. This was supposed to be a Mustang for the everyday guy. ... I can't justify the financial hardship that it would cause at that price. I love the GT500. I've wanted one since I saw the first picutes of it almost 2 years ago. But it's only a car. Yea it one of the best ones out there. But it's still a Mustang. Not a $100,000 vehicle.

Don't worry, you won't pay that...and never give up financial security for a car. Never.

Enjoy it now. 99.9% of cars are depreciable, even in the long run. The price will go up around $1,000 for 2008

......With all the Shelby GT Mustangs and if Shelby comes out with more for 08 or something else like a GT350 that could help bring the ADM down on the GT500 with more buyers having more choices. But only time will tell for sure what will happen. It will all be over in about 14 more months!

Hearsay. Not even correct. :boring:Please read response (above ) to your pure speculation.

Of course. What would Ford or Shelby gain by announcing this early? Nothing. Maybe lost sales for '08.

Well anything is possible and nothing would surprise me if Ford did that. But I think it would be a major mistake if they do. Why would they want to kill it by over producing these? I personally think they are already building to many as it is!

Ford builds cars to sell them for a profit. Figured you of all people would know this...

.....09 is suppose to be the Boss. The bullitt is also coming out but that is suppose to be a very limited number.

Wrong. Wrong about the Boss. Not '09. Bullitt? Limited??? Like the last time, or like the last Mach 1??? :hysterical2:Stop!!! :redcard:You're killing me!!! :hysterical:

....Over build a product and that is what happens! Do this to an icon car and they will suely kill it as well! I hope they are smarter than that!

Yeah, smarter than selling hundreds of thousands per year. Boy are they stupid!!! Maybe next time they will build only 50,000 units per year. THAT would make them more money. Right????? :hysterical2:

I gotta stop....my sides hurt!!!!! Thanks for the laughs, I really needed that tonight!!!

Enjoy it now. 99.9% of cars are depreciable, even in the long run. The price will go up around $1,000 for 2008

Hearsay. Not even correct. :boring:Please read response (above ) to your pure speculation.

Of course. What would Ford or Shelby gain by announcing this early? Nothing. Maybe lost sales for '08.

Yeah, smarter than selling hundreds of thousands per year. Boy are they stupid!!! Maybe next time they will build only 50,000 units per year. THAT would make them more money. Right????? :hysterical2:

I gotta stop....my sides hurt!!!!! Thanks for the laughs, I really needed that tonight!!!

"""I spoke with only 1 local dealer who is "asking" $15k ADM. He has 2, yes 2 in stock that he would be happy to sell you. PM me if you want the name & number. I am POSITIVE you could do better with a little negotiation. He is HUNGRY."""

Question. If he is so HUNGRY then how come YOU haven't made a deal on one???

As far as picking up the phone and finding them for $10k over, I've done more than that. I've posted offering $10k over to help a couple of people find one. Out of thousands of Ford dealers that read those message boards only ONE responded saying they would sell one for that. Of course they don't have one, but they say they CAN order one and get it. They are verifying that now and should know in the next few days. I gave the contact to someone and they are dealing directly with the dealer on this. Hopefully it works out for him. I have nothing to do with selling it. Just trying to help someone find a dealer willing to sell at that price! ONE so far after 2 weeks of trying to locate and find dealers that either have the car or still has allocation to order a 07.

I've even had another dealer post a response saying they will pay more!

I have locators trying to find one for these people. Best I found through them so far is $14k over!

So yeah, they are out there, but good luck finding them! I've stated before the best deals I have seen were on ebay. Many have sold in the $10k - $13k over range.

As for the bullitt and boss that is what I'm being told from Ford. So maybe they are misinformed and telling us wrong info!

So have YOU purchased your Shelby GT500 yet???? Won't that local dealer of yours that is so HUNGRY make a deal with you on one???? If you're not in the market or if you bought one already then why don't you strike a deal with them to help someone here on the forum still searching get one????

Bullitt? Limited??? Like the last time, or like the last Mach 1??? Stop!!! You're killing me!!!

Yes, Bullitt! Ford is coming out with the bullitt for 08. Limited to 5000 units.

Here some info Ford posted to it it's dealers on this back in Oct.:

Orders for new Mustang model take off faster than a speeding Bullitt

How has the news of a 2008 Mustang Bullitt been received? "When we announced we'd build Bullitt, we said we would produce only 5,000 and we got that many orders the day we made the announcement," Cisco Codina told the Chicago Tribune yesterday.

Ford will offer the Mustang Bullitt in 2008, part of Ford’s plan to bring at least one new Mustang derivative to the market each year, the Tribune reported. The Bullitt, last offered in 2002, pays tribute to the movie classic that contains one of the most famous car-chase scenes.

I guess someone needs to tell Ford they are full of BS! Yes?

Ok Crispy, put your money where your mouth is. You seem to have all the answers and the time to find these super deals so here is my offer. Find me a Shelby GT500 in Ebony with W/White Stripes with the Nav system and premium interior for $5k over MSRP and I will pay you $1,000 cash finders fee. Now, you can get on the phone and get to work and you'll have less time on here running your lips about something I and many others on here have already done-homework. Go do it, and come back and tell me where I can order or buy it? I'll bet we hear little back from you?

One born every minute!

Mark

2007 Shelby Cobra GT500

Ordered 022207

Black with White Stripes

Nav System

Premium Trim Package

Sirius Radio

2004 Eddie Bauer Expedition

2004 Jeep Liberty

2006 Mustang GT

Formerly Owned 3 Corvettes

http://www.twinoaksrvpark.com/

"""I spoke with only 1 local dealer who is "asking" $15k ADM. He has 2, yes 2 in stock that he would be happy to sell you. PM me if you want the name & number. I am POSITIVE you could do better with a little negotiation. He is HUNGRY."""

Question. If he is so HUNGRY then how come YOU haven't made a deal on one???

I am not interested in +$15k or $10k over, that's why. Hungry, yes he is. It was eviudent. I could barely get the guy off the phone when he was talking to me. If these are in such hot demand, and you can't get one for a customer "that cheap", then call:

PORTSMOUTH FORD, PORTSMOUTH, NH BILL QUIMBY 603-433-1221. You can put YOUR money where YOUR mouth is. He has 2 on his lot right now, both a "bargain" (your words) at $15k over. Maybe you can get one for them

I've even had another dealer post a response saying they will pay more!

I have locators trying to find one for these people. Best I found through them so far is $14k over!

So yeah, they are out there, but good luck finding them! I've stated before the best deals I have seen were on ebay. Many have sold in the $10k - $13k over range.

As for the bullitt and boss that is what I'm being told from Ford. So maybe they are misinformed and telling us wrong info!

My point was that Ford has, in the past, far exceeded their promised numbers on S.E.'s (see: Bullitt, Mach 1, and SVT Cobra). Why wouldn't they do it again? It's revenue for Ford, right??

So have YOU purchased your Shelby GT500 yet???? Won't that local dealer of yours that is so HUNGRY make a deal with you on one???? If you're not in the market or if you bought one already then why don't you strike a deal with them to help someone here on the forum still searching get one????

I am not interested in +$15k or $10k over, that's why. I have not found one for myself. I have referred others to dealers. The car is not at my price point yet. And that's my business.

Bullitt? Limited??? Like the last time, or like the last Mach 1??? Stop!!! You're killing me!!!

Yes, Bullitt! Ford is coming out with the bullitt for 08. Limited to 5000 units.

Here some info Ford posted to it it's dealers on this back in Oct.:

Orders for new Mustang model take off faster than a speeding Bullitt

How has the news of a 2008 Mustang Bullitt been received? "When we announced we'd build Bullitt, we said we would produce only 5,000 and we got that many orders the day we made the announcement," Cisco Codina told the Chicago Tribune yesterday.

Ford will offer the Mustang Bullitt in 2008, part of Ford’s plan to bring at least one new Mustang derivative to the market each year, the Tribune reported. The Bullitt, last offered in 2002, pays tribute to the movie classic that contains one of the most famous car-chase scenes.

I guess someone needs to tell Ford they are full of BS! Yes?

Again: My point was that Ford has, in the past, far exceeded their promised numbers on S.E.'s (see: Bullitt, Mach 1, and SVT Cobra). Why wouldn't they do it again? It's revenue for Ford, right??

Ok Crispy, put your money where your mouth is. You seem to have all the answers and the time to find these super deals so here is my offer. Find me a Shelby GT500 in Ebony with W/White Stripes with the Nav system and premium interior for $5k over MSRP and I will pay you $1,000 cash finders fee. Now, you can get on the phone and get to work and you'll have less time on here running your lips about something I and many others on here have already done-homework. Go do it, and come back and tell me where I can order or buy it? I'll bet we hear little back from you?

One born every minute!

One born every minute? I am a sucker for not paying $15,000 ADM??? :hysterical2: Who's the sucker?????

I never said I could get one at $5,000 over. Ever. Why don't you go back and re-read my posts before you respond.

Put my money where my mouth is? All I see here is a guy who keeps talking like it's the end of the world, buy now....says that it's difficult to even fid a deal at $15k over-- yet he says the best deals are on ebay for $11-$15 over. And I see many of these re-listed. The market is not sustaining $15k over msrp. Odds are that if you try contacting these guys, you may get a better deal.

As far as me looking for you? Forget it. I don't need or want your $1,000 fee.

$5,000 over is tough, but - from what I have heard- not impossible. Several have posted that they got that type of deal. I do not have the answers.

As I posted (above) PORTSMOUTH FORD, PORTSMOUTH, NH BILL QUIMBY 603-433-1221.

YOU can call him yourself and keep your $1,000.

To recap, for those who are reading impaired

I NEVER SAID:

MSRP deals are everywhere

+$5,000 deals are everywhere

+$7500 deals are everywhere

Next time, I suggest you both read what I wrote.

I am not interested in +$15k or $10k over, that's why. I have not found one for myself. I have referred others to dealers. The car is not at my price point yet. And that's my business.

Again: My point was that Ford has, in the past, far exceeded their promised numbers on S.E.'s (see: Bullitt, Mach 1, and SVT Cobra). Why wouldn't they do it again? It's revenue for Ford, right??

One born every minute!

One born every minute? I am a sucker for not paying $15,000 ADM??? :hysterical2: Who's the sucker?????

I never said I could get one at $5,000 over. Ever. Why don't you go back and re-read my posts before you respond.

Put my money where my mouth is? All I see here is a guy who keeps talking like it's the end of the world, buy now....says that it's difficult to even fid a deal at $15k over-- yet he says the best deals are on ebay for $11-$15 over. And I see many of these re-listed. The market is not sustaining $15k over msrp. Odds are that if you try contacting these guys, you may get a better deal.

As far as me looking for you? Forget it. I don't need or want your $1,000 fee.

$5,000 over is tough, but - from what I have heard- not impossible. Several have posted that they got that type of deal. I do not have the answers.

As I posted (above) PORTSMOUTH FORD, PORTSMOUTH, NH BILL QUIMBY 603-433-1221.

YOU can call him yourself and keep your $1,000.

To recap, for those who are reading impaired

I NEVER SAID:

MSRP deals are everywhere

+$5,000 deals are everywhere

+$7500 deals are everywhere

Next time, I suggest you both read what I wrote.

""Why don't you go back and re-read my posts before you respond.""

Why don't you do that! You have taken what I said completely out of contaxt. And I never said $15k over was a bargain. Take your own advice and go back and READ my post. I said anything $10k or under would be a steal.

""" All I see here is a guy who keeps talking like it's the end of the world, buy now....says that it's difficult to even fid a deal at $15k over"""

You are obviously SEEING THINGS! That is not what I was saying nor talking about! And I didn't say it was difficult to find these at $15k. You can find them at $15k. What I said was that I still see dealers paying $15k - $18k to get them from other dealers. I said you can find the best deals on ebay between $10k - $13k over.

Again, go back, reread my post this time. Take your time and read it SLOOOOWWWWLLLLY so you can comprehend it better so you don't have to blow it all out of context!

And nowhere did I say anyone should buy now, or buy from me, or the sky is falling! I don't how or where you get that crap from. READ IT SLOWLY and just maybe you will understand it this time.

OK Crispy I reread your posts and basically what I see is you think everyone here who paid over MSRP are suckers. One thing I do know is you are waiting for the "Great" deal and still driving around in your Pinto while all these folks are enjoying these great cars. Just answer one question-Are you driving a new Shelby yet? If not, good luck waiting for MSRP unless your Uncle owns a Ford dealer. I think you are just looking for an arguement and I for one do not argue with people who have their minds made up in a negative manner.

Later........

OK Crispy I reread your posts and basically what I see is you think everyone here who paid over MSRP are suckers. One thing I do know is you are waiting for the "Great" deal and still driving around in your Pinto while all these folks are enjoying these great cars. Just answer one question-Are you driving a new Shelby yet? If not, good luck waiting for MSRP unless your Uncle owns a Ford dealer. I think you are just looking for an arguement and I for one do not argue with people who have their minds made up in a negative manner.

Later........

Okay I have to chime in here. crispy has alwlays said that MSRP is his price point, kind of like me. I don't feel he's bashing anyone that paid ADM, but I think his point is that he's tired of those that can or did pay ADM, trying to say that your an idiot if you don't buy it now for whatever price the dealer wants so you can have it now. The old "sky is falling" thing. Yes there are better deals out there right now then 15 over. Yes I'm sure that there will be better deals in the future then 15 over. I also will not pay that much for a car. I don't have to be the big guy on the block and let my wallet do the talking. Those that paid and got it, good for you. Not bashing but please don't think your superior to those that can't afford it. If this is going to become one of those things that seperate the have and the have not's, Then it just another rich boy toy. I thought we were all here for the car and to talk about it. Not bash on other people and make fun of their financial position. If this is just going to become a bash fest on the regular guy, then it's going to get real ugly, real quick. There's a hell of alot more regular guys in this world then elitist Aholes.

""Why don't you go back and re-read my posts before you respond.""

Why don't you do that! You have taken what I said completely out of contaxt. And I never said $15k over was a bargain. Take your own advice and go back and READ my post. I said anything $10k or under would be a steal.

""" All I see here is a guy who keeps talking like it's the end of the world, buy now....says that it's difficult to even fid a deal at $15k over"""

You are obviously SEEING THINGS! That is not what I was saying nor talking about! And I didn't say it was difficult to find these at $15k. You can find them at $15k. What I said was that I still see dealers paying $15k - $18k to get them from other dealers. I said you can find the best deals on ebay between $10k - $13k over.

Again, go back, reread my post this time. Take your time and read it SLOOOOWWWWLLLLY so you can comprehend it better so you don't have to blow it all out of context!

And nowhere did I say anyone should buy now, or buy from me, or the sky is falling! I don't how or where you get that crap from. READ IT SLOWLY and just maybe you will understand it this time.

:headscratch::cry::hysterical:

Later........

You can think what you want. I never said ADM buyers were suckers, period. Did you even read my posts? I said that the sky is not falling, that there are better deals than +$15k out there, and that I will wait. I said contract for 2 years, option for 3. Facts. I was trying to help a dummy like you. Stupid me.

I won't fetch you a car for $1,000 or $10,000. To me, that was just outright demeaning. I don't give a flying rat's ass if you're Bill Gates. Get it yourself.

I know many folks here that I deeply respect that have paid way over MSRP.

Pinto? Who the :censored: are you? You don't even know me, yet you cast outright disparragements. You do not know who I am or what I got so you can STFU. You make assumptions about me that can't be any farther from the truth.

No, I am not driving a new Shelby yet- if that's even any of your business. Sorry for trying to do you a service by telling you the facts. Go spent +$15k, or don't.

Be happy with your decision. I'm happy with mine.

Wow,

It's a little hot in here. :stop:

I do know Crispy fairly well. In fact I remember talking to him on the phone when he called me as I drove home from the dealership on my pick up day. He never ever once downgraded me for paying a ADM. Crispy is a straight shooter and a good guy. :)

Hope it cools off in here soon.

You can think what you want. I never said ADM buyers were suckers, period. Did you even read my posts? I said that the sky is not falling, that there are better deals than +$15k out there, and that I will wait. I said contract for 2 years, option for 3. Facts. I was trying to help a dummy like you. Stupid me.

I won't fetch you a car for $1,000 or $10,000. To me, that was just outright demeaning. I don't give a flying rat's ass if you're Bill Gates. Get it yourself.

I know many folks here that I deeply respect that have paid way over MSRP.

Pinto? Who the :censored: are you? You don't even know me, yet you cast outright disparragements. You do not know who I am or what I got so you can STFU. You make assumptions about me that can't be any farther from the truth.

No, I am not driving a new Shelby yet- if that's even any of your business. Sorry for trying to do you a service by telling you the facts. Go spent +$15k, or don't.

Be happy with your decision. I'm happy with mine.

Let's just let this thread go, or make it go away. Nobody's gaining anything. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Just nothing going to be gained here.

HSURB

Archived