TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"I Hear That Train Coming..."

stpracer43

wow, yeah that'd be great. Dealer really hasn't been able to lend me any useful info when I inquire. Anyway, I've got a couple codes on the dealer. Not sure which one will work. My DORA shows 52P320 but when speaking with C/S they quoted F52320. I can ask 'em if they can get in touch with the VOPC but not sure if they'll punt for me. I guess I can call VOPC and see if they'll help.

Ask your dealer to call the VOPC for you. The number is 1-800-962-3746. Your dealer code will have the F in front of 5 numbers. It will not have a P in the middle of the numbers. They will ask for the dealerships name and to whom at the dealership that they are talking to. They will ask for the last 8 numbers of the vin.

If you need some more help, let me know.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ask your dealer to call the VOPC for you. The number is 1-800-392-3743. Your dealer code will have the F in front of 5 numbers. It will not have a P in the middle of the numbers. They will ask for the dealerships name and to whom at the dealership that they are talking to. They will ask for the last 8 numbers of the vin.

If you need some more help, let me know.

phone # no worky. recording told me to 'check the number and dial again'

Never found my car on the train, but that's okay... I found it at the dealership!!! Posting pics and info in the Arrival Forum as fast as I can!

Hope the rest of You who are still patiently waiting all receive Your cars very soon.

Keith

Hope you enjoy your car as much as everyone else I read about on here! Knowing you will. Good luck with her. I however am still waiting (don't know about patiently) but still waiting. :banghead: . Does look like it will be this week. Drive safe dude. :happy feet:

Finally a rail car #! Shipped out on the 30th..with an 11 day enroute time. I'll place my bets on an even 2 weeks...13 Apr.

BTW, thanks Grabber for the hook up on the VOPC digits. As long as you have the dealer sales code and last eight of the VIN, you're good. Now if someone could help me track it! Any takers?

Rail car #: ETTX711689

BnSF? UP?

no idea but my monday just got a whole lot better.

Phil

Finally a rail car #! Shipped out on the 30th..with an 11 day enroute time. I'll place my bets on an even 2 weeks...13 Apr.

BTW, thanks Grabber for the hook up on the VOPC digits. As long as you have the dealer sales code and last eight of the VIN, you're good. Now if someone could help me track it! Any takers?

Rail car #: ETTX711689

BnSF? UP?

no idea but my monday just got a whole lot better.

Phil

I will do some checking with the little Birdie :hysterical:

I will do some checking with the little Birdie :hysterical:

GRABBER, you and your little birdie along with the help of fastbackman, have been tracking railcar number ETTX850406 and look what I found this morning :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: post-8038-1175547335_thumb.jpgpost-8038-1175547382_thumb.jpg. Needless to say that is MY SHELBY GT 500 coming off of the train. This is as close as I got to it but sure looked good from where I was. :happy feet: :headspin:

post-8038-1175547335_thumb.jpg

post-8038-1175547382_thumb.jpg

GRABBER, you and your little birdie along with the help of fastbackman, have been tracking railcar number ETTX850406 and look what I found this morning :banana piano: :banana piano: :banana piano: post-8038-1175547335_thumb.jpgpost-8038-1175547382_thumb.jpg. Needless to say that is MY SHELBY GT 500 coming off of the train. This is as close as I got to it but sure looked good from where I was. :happy feet: :headspin:

That is a cool picture of the Shelby being loaded, or unloaded, or whatever. Is it alloy with white, alloy with silver, black with white, or black with silver? How the heck did you get that? You work for Ford, or the railroad? Found out my GT500 is due at the dealer on April 20, but all I have is a VIN #.

Grabber,

Would it be possible for you to see where my car might be? The information I have is that it was built and ready to be shipped.

The vin is 1ZVHT88S175326835

Method of transp - Convoy CM5P CH5P

I have been waiting so long for this car and now it is built and sitting around somewhere.

Thanks,

Wayne

Grabber,

Would it be possible for you to see where my car might be? The information I have is that it was built and ready to be shipped.

The vin is 1ZVHT88S175326835

Method of transp - Convoy CM5P CH5P

I have been waiting so long for this car and now it is built and sitting around somewhere.

Thanks,

Wayne

How long have you been waiting? Ordered mine in October. It is being shipped this month and I got a VIN # also. The anticipation is tough to deal with.

How long have you been waiting? Ordered mine in October. It is being shipped this month and I got a VIN # also. The anticipation is tough to deal with.
I have been waiting for it since December. Had to buy it in Ohio since the ADM's were so high in Orlando. Will be shipping it from the dealer in Ohio to Orlando via Exotic Car Carriers.

I know the car was finished March 26th and was scheduled to be shipped. The lady at Ford told me they are short on rail carriers. I explained to her that mine is going to Ohio from Michigan via carrier but she couldn't help me. Hopefully somebody will find out where it is.

I have been waiting for it since December. Had to buy it in Ohio since the ADM's were so high in Orlando. Will be shipping it from the dealer in Ohio to Orlando via Exotic Car Carriers.

I know the car was finished March 26th and was scheduled to be shipped. The lady at Ford told me they are short on rail carriers. I explained to her that mine is going to Ohio from Michigan via carrier but she couldn't help me. Hopefully somebody will find out where it is.

You haven't waited as long as some buyers. You're in good shape. What kind of equipment are you planning on getting for it? A car cover is always nice. I have heard the exhaust resonance is different from the Shelby GT-H with after-market exhaust I rented. It would be nice to duplicate that reverberation.

Good luck tracking down your ride. I was actually told last week I would not get the car until April 20. I think that fleet manager just liked torturing me?

Found out yesterday (Monday April 9) that my GT500 arrived Friday in Utah. Glad they finally got around to telling me! Got the payment in today and a transport coming in Friday for pickup. I am supposed to have it delivered to the house in Nevada by Saturday. You can cut the anticipation with a knife.

You haven't waited as long as some buyers. You're in good shape. What kind of equipment are you planning on getting for it? A car cover is always nice. I have heard the exhaust resonance is different from the Shelby GT-H with after-market exhaust I rented. It would be nice to duplicate that reverberation.

Good luck tracking down your ride. I was actually told last week I would not get the car until April 20. I think that fleet manager just liked torturing me?

Found out yesterday (Monday April 9) that my GT500 arrived Friday in Utah. Glad they finally got around to telling me! Got the payment in today and a transport coming in Friday for pickup. I am supposed to have it delivered to the house in Nevada by Saturday. You can cut the anticipation with a knife.

Well, I guess the train was rolling and Ford did not know it. After talking to customer service again and them telling me it is still held up waiting for transportation, the dealer in Ohio called me to tell me it was in.

My friend there checked it out and I got Exotic Car Transport going there to get it for me. Hopefully it will be in Orlando some time next week.

The only thing I am going to do to the car is the Shelby dash Plaque, Shelby floor mats and a cover craft car cover. Still waiting for the Shelby stuff, but got the car cover in the same red as the car. A local person is going to embroider the Shelby GT 500 stuff on it so I am sure it will look great. Your car must have been made about the same day as mine. Mine was built on March 26th. Anyway, good luck and I am sure you are exicted as I am.

Well, I guess the train was rolling and Ford did not know it. After talking to customer service again and them telling me it is still held up waiting for transportation, the dealer in Ohio called me to tell me it was in.

My friend there checked it out and I got Exotic Car Transport going there to get it for me. Hopefully it will be in Orlando some time next week.

The only thing I am going to do to the car is the Shelby dash Plaque, Shelby floor mats and a cover craft car cover. Still waiting for the Shelby stuff, but got the car cover in the same red as the car. A local person is going to embroider the Shelby GT 500 stuff on it so I am sure it will look great. Your car must have been made about the same day as mine. Mine was built on March 26th. Anyway, good luck and I am sure you are exicted as I am.

You could be right about the build date? Does the VIN # indicate the production number, or anything on the build date? Some times the build date is tagged on the door jamb. When I ordered back in October the fleet manager told me about a month later that Ford said they would build it in February. In February it turned into March. Could be we have the same build team, but I think mine was built earlier in March since it arrived at the dealer in Utah on April 6th? Not sure how long it takes to rail to Kansas City, then truck transport to Utah? I heard the build team puts their names on the GT500 some where.

How did you decide on red? Why did you choose a Covercraft car cover? I am not sure how to decide on a cover? There are a lot of different covers out there. My uncle has a nice one he uses on his 66 Shelby GT-H. It has his name on it. Comes in handy at car shows when everyone is parked in the same place and you're trying to find your car in a jungle of covers. A distinctive insignia would work. The weather proof covers sound good. Might keep the rain out when parked outside on a trip some where?

Heard that Shelby Autos and Ford Racing are teaming up to come out with specific GT500 modification parts. I rented a 2006 Hertz Shelby Mustang and I want to duplicate it's modified exhaust resonance. The stock GT500 exhaust is supposed to be pretty weak.

The car I ordered 05/2006 was quoted as having been built on 3/26 as well. If what I am reading is correct - you may be taking delivery any day now?

That may mean I may be expecting my car ,too. I am about to get on the horn with my car dealer and get some info.

My garage doors ar being installed at this moment, garage killer tree removed last month, duststop car cover arrival on Friday. Not to mention Corsa axleback's, Steeda LCA's, and sh*tload of Zano's car care kit - all in the living room.. P.S ( not PO'd )stopped smoking last week = the price I have to pay for owning a Shelby GT 500.

The car I ordered 05/2006 was quoted as having been built on 3/26 as well. If what I am reading is correct - you may be taking delivery any day now?

That may mean I may be expecting my car ,too. I am about to get on the horn with my car dealer and get some info.

My garage doors ar being installed at this moment, garage killer tree removed last month, duststop car cover arrival on Friday. Not to mention Corsa axleback's, Steeda LCA's, and sh*tload of Zano's car care kit - all in the living room.. P.S ( not PO'd )stopped smoking last week = the price I have to pay for owning a Shelby GT 500.

Hitman,

Your post made me laugh. I thought I was the only one on the planet going through so much waiting on my car. I bought a bunch of stuff which is also in the living room waiting for the car. My wife thinks I have gone out of my mind. I also quite smoking for the 50th time but the nerves are ok right now.

The car cover I bought is a form fit covercraft in the red color. I bought it because my car will be in the garage and I want to keep the dust and dirt off of it. It will not do much good in the rain but also will not harm the finish in wind or from moving around alot. A friend of mine is going to put all of the Shelby stuff on it.

My car is at the dealership in Ohio right now waiting for Exotic Car transport to bring it to me. Buy the way, my car was built on 3/26.

Luckyguy,

The VIN number as I understand it does not represent how many GT500's were built. From what I was told, it represents(last 5 digits) production numbers for all fords made. I have no idea how to find out what number mine is, or how to know how many were built. I don't understand how some guys say that their car is number 122 or number 1600. The reason I know what day mine was built is from the Ford customer service rep. I just gave her the VIN and she told me all the dates from order to shipment.

Luckyguy,

The VIN number as I understand it does not represent how many GT500's were built. From what I was told, it represents(last 5 digits) production numbers for all fords made. I have no idea how to find out what number mine is, or how to know how many were built. I don't understand how some guys say that their car is number 122 or number 1600. The reason I know what day mine was built is from the Ford customer service rep. I just gave her the VIN and she told me all the dates from order to shipment.

Hitman: You have been waiting since the order date of May 2006? :finger: What is that all about? Maybe you were just on a list since May 06? Hell I have been on lists since May 05. Finally got on the right list about a year ago. Then was allowed to ordered in October 2006 when I jumped to the top of the list after 3 other people bailed out in front of me. I probably at least take the silver medal for waiting since ordering?

I don't feel so badly now. But I know what you're going through. There are worse things in this world than waiting for your Shelby though right! :hysterical2:

But mine is waiting at the Utah dealership... several hundred miles away since last Friday. But I heard this morning my private party transport is delayed in Denver. So now the delivery date is pushed until at least Sunday. :banghead: Come to papa!

There might be a serial number somewhere on the GT500 that tells you the production number? You can tell by the VIN it is not a production number. There must be some kind of certificate of authenticity you would think? Shelby will sign the dash plate if you mail it to him. He charges about $300 and I am sure it goes to a good cause like his foundation. Shelby Autos has a nice tour I attended while in Vegas last.

Maybe Ford customer service can provide the production number from the VIN?

I was just lucky enough to have the opportunity to order a GT500. Several dealers I approached were of the type that has been poorly remarked about in previous threads ( here) 1 yr ago. When I was introduced to Danny Andrews of Andrews Ford, it was a very fortunate circumstance. He gave me his promise I could have the order for his 1 and only GT 500 allocation. Less than a week later there were other dealerships and individuals who tried to get his order slot with $5k-10K up front payments. Danny kept his promise to me for the Shelby at MSRP. His dealership is NonSVT/PA and low mustange volume sales. I knew he'd get one, but not when.

Soon after I placed my order, I began following this message forum of SU. Then there was all the chatter about which dealership would get there cars delivered by summer, fall, winter. Quality holds, Stripping issues, Hollidays, Plant closures, dada.dada.dada.dada...

By fall there were some SVT/PA dealers who had not even recieved there first cars yet ,and at the rate Ford seemed to be going it looked to be 2008 before all of the 07's would be produced. Some NonSVT/PA dealers may have recieved there's, too. IT MADE NO SENSE.

Finally I heard 2Q 2007 was when my order would be pulled for production ( and the confusion of what 2Q meant at first ). About the end of March, I got notice that my build date was 3/26/2007 and I had a VIN assigment. On 3/28/2007 I was notified my " car is officially built". Any day now I may be hearing the train, too.

Lucky,

I don't know what it would be like to be waiting all of 2005 for the order banks to open n 2006 for a 2007 car. Especially knowing there were 3 people ahead of me on a waiting list. Damn those waiting lists. There as much fun as slaming your thumb in a car door.

I know you are glad those other folks bailed - that must have been a relief.

I dont know about awards for who has been waiting longest, but I think I'd get a green ribbon for show. There is no doubt most have gotten a kick out of rpretzels avitar and his coster ride.

Keep us posed on any new news.

Lucky,

I don't know what it would be like to be waiting all of 2005 for the order banks to open n 2006 for a 2007 car. Especially knowing there were 3 people ahead of me on a waiting list. Damn those waiting lists. There as much fun as slaming your thumb in a car door.

I know you are glad those other folks bailed - that must have been a relief.

I dont know about awards for who has been waiting longest, but I think I'd get a green ribbon for show. There is no doubt most have gotten a kick out of rpretzels avitar and his coster ride.

Keep us posed on any new news.

HIT MAN: Sincere congratulations. It sounds like it was difficult for your dealer to get allocation, or they were hoping you would drop out so they could get their big markup with someone else! That is nice they kept their word. It is going to be sweet when we get our Shelbys. I rented the 325HP 2006 Hertz Shelby a couple of times and they are a blast to drive. The smile never leaves your face.

When I first heard Ford gave the green light for the Shelby GT500 in 2005 I was on a mission. Trying to get on lists to buy was not easy. It has been a very long process and it will be nice to wrap this up with a happy ending.

You are very lucky to have bought yours at MSRP. Wow. I paid just a couple K over MSRP. I didn't want to pay the $15K to $25K markups most dealers want. So I kept shopping and shopping. Made hundreds of calls to dealers all over the country, got on lists, put down deposits. Heard every rumor and ridiculous story a Ford dealer can throw at you.

It's crazy, but it paid off to get on a list early. The people at the dealer I am working with are nice, but they sure screw a lot of things up. Just a lot of poor communication. But no worries I am attempting to stay positive.

My GT500 has been sitting at the dealership in Utah now since April 6th. I paid them 5 days ago. My transport still has not picked it up.:banghead: Hope I get it in one piece without any grief.

Looking forward to adding a couple of modifications. Namely an exhaust upgrade and suspension package most likely. You have any plans to modify?

Luckyguy,

What private car transport company did you use? Exotic Car Transport picked up my GT500 in Ohio on Saturday and I thought I would get it today or tomorrow. When I called her today, she said my car is now in Michigan and the transporter should be getting to Florida on Wednesday or Thursday. Since I have been waiting for it so long, I hope it does not work its way back to the plant. When the dealer got it from Ford, it had 17 miles on it. I wonder if they use these cars to pick up lunch at McDonalds. Anyway I am going crazy waiting for the car. It seems like it is one thing after another. I hope I don't find out that my car is in Seattle or Utah the next time I call her. I am sure after it takes a worldwind tour, it will end up in my garge

Recieved an e-mail today. It says, my "car has not left the plant yet, will e-mail when I have a rail car number".

I hope it is soon. :banghead:

HITMAN: You should be giving us some good news and posing some cool pictures soon!

The transport finally delivered my Shelby to my house Monday April 16. It mysteriously had 10 miles on it instead of the 2 miles after the dealer inspection. So either the Quality Ford manager took it for a joy ride before the delivery truck got there to pick it up (dealer is closed on Sundays when it was picked-up), or the transport driver took it for a spin after it was unloaded to put it on another transport when it got into town? Just kind of a tacky feeling. Some dork drove the car 8 miles without permission after I paid for it. A car I have been waiting on and trying to get for 2 years and spent a large part of my savings on. Anyway what are you going to do? It's all mine now. :happy feet:

It's a real blast to drive and uber cool looking. It may not technically be a King of the Road Shelby, but it definitley dominates out of the highway around here.

post-6152-1177001546_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1177001546_thumb.jpg

Luckyman, That is one bad ass looking car. I can almost see some roads being shreaded up there in your parts.I bet you will get over those 8 miles real quick. Keep us updated on your driving impressions.

There are several of us waiting on rail transport, I think it will be real soon.

Congrats on your new ride

Luckyman, That is one bad ass looking car. I can almost see some roads being shreaded up there in your parts.I bet you will get over those 8 miles real quick. Keep us updated on your driving impressions.

There are several of us waiting on rail transport, I think it will be real soon.

Congrats on your new ride

Thanks Hit Man. If mine was built in March and I am not sure how to confirm that? Then I would say you should receive your Shelby no later than early next month? I am told they are built in less than a day then experience the slow shipping process and train ride.

I rented the 2006 Hertz Shelby last February and July 2006 to drive on the streets of San Francisco and Nor Cal. The GT500 is just as fun only it obviously has much more punching power. I like the exhaust system on the Hertz Shelby. Right now I am extremely content with the GT500.

You feel like Steve Mc-freaking-Queen behind the wheel if you know how cool that is? better than this---> :shift:

It is less fancy on the quality of interior materials such as the lower grade leather interior, carpet, cheap trunk lining material, lack of sound insulation

(you tend to hear every pebble the wheels kick up into the wheel well), but hey I know what it is. It is a factory produced and warranted 500 horsepower engine for <$50K and I don't believe that combination has ever happened before. I don't think many would object if they offered some better quality options for an upgraded interior though?

Got it registered yesterday. Sent away for the license plates. My buddies that couldn't get one are impressed I achieved this miracle. Looking forward to driving it in the mountain highways and uncrowded desert roads. The weather is not real good for cruising over here in Nevada right now. Looking forward to next week..

Archived