TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traded my Mopar For A Shelby

speednutz

Hello speednutz

I see you made it over here and welcome to the other side. I knew if I talked about it long enough someone else would go from Challenger to Shelby besides me.

If you have questions ask away because there are some knowledgeable people on the site and are willing to help.

Congratulations on the new Shelby !

Hi All !

I traded off my 2010 Mopar for a 2012 Shelby.........

I got on the the first 2010's in the same color combo as yours .Great choice. Check my profile for upgrades.Turned it into an awesome vehicle.Really woke it up. ENJOY !!!!!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome ! :rockon:

What made me trade it off essentially was power and pricing.

Between Big Snake and My Pa I was always leaning towards the Shelby, but did try to deal on a 392 Challenger.

I have not driven the Shelby much but a couple things negative on it vs the Challenger are; 1) a much rougher ride 2) Much, Much more road noise in the cabin 3) much Smaller inside the Cabin.

Those are the only negatives I could find, all the rest is positive compared to the Challenger.

Obviously it's got way, way more power, the seats are more comfortable, the Shaker Sound system is awesome, the Exhaust is out of this world for sound absolutely awesome, Corners better, easier to drive and the list of positives could go on and on really.

I gotta give the guys on the Z forum an unbiased evaluation and I don't think they are going to like me much after that.

So anyway I would have loved to keep my challenger but just can't afford to have both.

I had alot of Specialty made stuff on there that made it, one of a kind so I'll miss that part of it.

For Mods I got some stuff on order such as quarter window and back window louvers, front strut braces, hood shock -prop rod delete and a fuse box cover. Next month will be shock tower dress up and maybe a tuner and pulley that Big Snake pointed me to.

Again, thanks for the welcome, hope to be able to contribute to this site !

Between Big Snake and My Pa I was always leaning towards the Shelby, but did try to deal on a 392 Challenger.

I have not driven the Shelby much but a couple things negative on it vs the Challenger are; 1) a much rougher ride 2) Much, Much more road noise in the cabin 3) much Smaller inside the Cabin.

Those are the only negatives I could find, all the rest is positive compared to the Challenger.

Obviously it's got way, way more power, the seats are more comfortable, the Shaker Sound system is awesome, the Exhaust is out of this world for sound absolutely awesome, Corners better, easier to drive and the list of positives could go on and on really.

I gotta give the guys on the Z forum an unbiased evaluation and I don't think they are going to like me much after that.

So anyway I would have loved to keep my challenger but just can't afford to have both.

I had alot of Specialty made stuff on there that made it, one of a kind so I'll miss that part of it.

For Mods I got some stuff on order such as quarter window and back window louvers, front strut braces, hood shock -prop rod delete and a fuse box cover. Next month will be shock tower dress up and maybe a tuner and pulley that Big Snake pointed me to.

Again, thanks for the welcome, hope to be able to contribute to this site !

Welcome,

Check out the VMP and JLT supplier forums on this site, they both supply a great product. The VMP Pulley and Tune is an awesome and cost effective upgrade. The JLT Carbon fibre intake looks fantastic as well as amplifying that supercharger to a point where you'll never listen to the stereo again.

Paul

Nice looking car speednutz.

I personally love the NON-SVT Pkg 'wider stripe' look!

:drool:

+100 on keeping both though!?

I prefer the wide stripe myself however, NON-SVT = V6 or 5.0 Mustang or am I missing something here? Because, all current GT500's ,07-12, are SVT. Oh I see, you probably meant the version of the GT500 that doesn't come with the optional performance pack. :poke:

ite !

Well it would make sense since the Challenger is basically a SEDAN dressed up like a muscle car.

Technically, so is the mustang.

Shortened DEW-98 platform = S197

And here all this time I thought it was the illegitimate love child of a GT40 and a Shelby AC Cobra. :wub:

Well since it's been shortened it ISN'T the same platform. :)

The challenger's platform is the EXACT same as the 300 and the charger, as far as I know.

Nope, it's not, it's 4 inches shorter. The 300, Magnum and Charger are an LX platform and the Challenger is an LC platform.

Archived