TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Splitter

Just installed GT500 lower valence AKA "splitter".

Easy modification and install...

Downside..it's low, drags on my "race ramps"

Upside..nice visual effect (that's what this is all about)

Now have GT500 wings on both ends :happy feet:

post-21477-0-90765700-1311011487_thumb.jpg

post-21477-0-90765700-1311011487_thumb.jpg

Looks sharp!

Was there alot of cutting and trimming involved?

CC

Remove two reinforcement areas on each end of the top of the panel. I used a hand scroll saw to cut the majority of the material away and finished with a hand grinder.

I made a "mask' from an old license plate to make sure the grinder didnt damage the part you can see.

Fastened the bottom with 4 existing fasteners under front bumper and fastened the fenderwell section with plastic pushpins into the plastic fenderwell (drilled holes)

The holes for the GT500 mounting (6) were plugged with the same type of push pin...(very common at most autoparts stores).

Got the valence at local dealer, $165.00

There is another post in the forum with photos several weeks back...might help you, also.

Getting lots of favorable comments...except from wife :rant2:

Thanks, I'll look for the post. Was the dealer request for an '07 GT500 lower valence?

And yes, it seems our wives sometimes do not understand the car's needs to look better.

They just see it as us doing this....:spend::spend:

My dealer wanted $210 bucks for the splitter. I just moved to Parker CO. so I will be visiting a different dealer to see if I can get a better price. I have a GT500 fuel system sitting in the trunk, a new Saleen 6.5 lid for my supercharger, a Mosaleen pulley system, new headrest, and an aluminum drive shaft all need to be added to Halle. However the garage is full of boxes so she is patiently waiting at a friends house until her new home is ready. Splitter is next on the todo list once the above items are in place.

Always check craigslist, I got mine for $50 brand new for $50, it belonged to a kid who had a mustang but the father bought him a new Vette so he just wanted to get rid of it.

I wonder if SA still has some laying around from the conversions....

Archived