TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Non-Performance mods to the wife's 2011 GT/CS

Well, haven't had much time to do much of anything lately, but got back into town after a short trip to Santa Fe, NM, and decided to make a few non-performance mods to my wife's 2011 GT/CS...Painted all of the calipers RED to match the car and then decided to fill in the letters on the Coil Covers and Manifold Cover...Turned out pretty nice I think...Totally dismantled the calipers and painted everything, then put it all back together...

DSC_0884.jpg

DSC_0886.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

DSC_0883.jpg

DSC_0882.jpg

DSC_0880.jpg

DSC_0881.jpg

Yes, I know the car and wheels are dirty...as I said, we just got back on a 1000 mile trip to Santa Fe, and it actually rained up there while we were there and on the way home...still no rain here in Odessa though in over a year, and we get fined if we wash the cars at home...Noticed that I now have a nice crack in the wall of my cinder block garage today too...I can see daylight inside as it goes all the way through folliwing the mortar line...guess the ground is shifting due to a lack of rain :(

Looks Sharp! It is the small details that make a car stand out.

Scarey about the cracking on the garage. Hopefully the ground does not shrink too much more.

No rain in a year?

Is that beyond normal for your area?

Looks Sharp! It is the small details that make a car stand out.

Scarey about the cracking on the garage. Hopefully the ground does not shrink too much more.

No rain in a year?

Is that beyond normal for your area?

yeah, we are in a severe drought...it is either feast or famine here...we are cut down to 2 days a week to water our yards, and may be cut back to one day a week very shortly if we don't get some rain soon...we need a very slow steady rain for about a month to get our lakes back up so we can have some water again...No washing of cars even in your yard on your watering day! Certain car washes are allowed to remain open if they recycle water and mobile car washes are OK...Sad...We REALLY need some moisture to fall out here in West Texas....

That looks awesome! What kind of paint did you use?

Model Master Model Car Paint...Guards Red...I've used this stuff before, and it lasts like nothing else I've ever found....Cheaper than buying the expensive caliper paint too...

Archived