TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SILVER HORSE LOUVERS

BADBOY500

Just curious if anyone has installed these louvers yet. If so, wondering how much interior trim, if any, had to be removed to install them? Also how tough is it to remove the glass? I am having a professional remove glass and install louvers. Also trying to find out if anyone else is unhappy with the quality of their paint job on these louvers. Mine has a few flaw, but dont know if I am just being to picky.......................

Shlbygrl .... being that we have exquiste taste in car colors .... Those look real good ... do they adhere via sticky two sided tape ?

Shlbygrl .... being that we have exquiste taste in car colors .... Those look real good ... do they adhere via sticky two sided tape ?

No they are not stick ons. You must remove the glass or have the glass removed. They are direct replacement for the glass. (In other words, glass out, louvers in ) They are installed exactly as if you were doing a glass replacement. Badboy removed interior trim around the window and rear seat and our glass company installed the louvers. Approximately 2 hour install at the glass company. Note of caution, if you are gonna piano wire tool, make sure whoever does it, does not scratch paint. Comes very close. OUr installer used a razor knife from the inside and had a second man on the outside follow him around with a small piece of lexan and a piece of felt to prevent the knife from going all the way thru. Sounds difficult but not really.

By the way......yes.........RED ROCKS!!! :headspin::headspin::headspin:

No they are not stick ons. You must remove the glass or have the glass removed. They are direct replacement for the glass. (In other words, glass out, louvers in ) They are installed exactly as if you were doing a glass replacement. Badboy removed interior trim around the window and rear seat and our glass company installed the louvers. Approximately 2 hour install at the glass company. Note of caution, if you are gonna piano wire tool, make sure whoever does it, does not scratch paint. Comes very close. OUr installer used a razor knife from the inside and had a second man on the outside follow him around with a small piece of lexan and a piece of felt to prevent the knife from going all the way thru. Sounds difficult but not really.

By the way......yes.........RED ROCKS!!! :headspin::headspin::headspin:

!#%@%^@$&@#%^@#%^ Now I have to order these from Jay! That look ROCKS! Although it is a scientific fact that black goes faster than red as it absorbs more energy, making the surface hotter, and reducing air friction. If you believe that, then let me tell you how you can get 520 RWHP with just a tune! :hysterical2: Just kidding - really - I dont want to open that can of worms. Seriously.

Looks good.

I love these louvers on these cars. They really look good.

Jay

They do change the whole look of the car!!!!!! IMO Our son(5 yrs old) loves them, even though he can't see out of the back windows anymore......He got over that real quick!!! Theres nothing he doesnt like about the car!!!! Smart boy

They do change the whole look of the car!!!!!! IMO Our son(5 yrs old) loves them, even though he can't see out of the back windows anymore......He got over that real quick!!! Theres nothing he doesnt like about the car!!!! Smart boy

:happy feet: :happy feet: Mine are on order - hopefully will ship within the week - thank you Jay :happy feet: :happy feet:

Am trying a self install, and will take lots of pictures... :rockon:

:happy feet: :happy feet: Mine are on order - hopefully will ship within the week - thank you Jay :happy feet: :happy feet:

Am trying a self install, and will take lots of pictures... :rockon:

Go slow [GT500 YA sure...]and have a 2nd helper....self install fig 3 hrs ....but she is your ride so all day is OK too..........oh dont forget the 3 coats of wax !!!!!!!! he he heeeee......Have fun and be safe ..a dull knife will cut more of you than a new blade...............

Archived