TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are all your vehicles Ford?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Shelby is my first Ford product, but I've been very satisfied so far. If Ford built a performance AWD sedan the size of the Fusion I would certainly consider it as my daily driver (the Taurus SHO is too big for my taste). Currently, my daily driver is an Audi S4.

The Fusion does have an AWD version. You have to get it in the SEL trim.

My wife and I have the following:

1966 Thunderbird - being restored

1975 Corvette - used to be my uncle's car

1994 Mustang GT convertable

2005 Mustang GT coupe

2006 Mercury Milan - my daily driver

2008 Fusion - wifes daily driver

2008 Shelby GT500

2010 F-150 Raptor

The Fusion does have an AWD version. You have to get it in the SEL trim.

My wife and I have the following:

1966 Thunderbird - being restored

1975 Corvette - used to be my uncle's car

1994 Mustang GT convertable

2005 Mustang GT coupe

2006 Mercury Milan - my daily driver

2008 Fusion - wifes daily driver

2008 Shelby GT500

2010 F-150 Raptor

Current Fusion indeed has AWD. However, although a nice car, I would not necessarily call it a performance sedan. My idea would be more along the line of what they did with the SHO, only smaller. An all wheel drive Fusion with the Ecoboost V6 and around 350hp could give me a good reason to trade my 10 year old Audi. My thought is that Ford will use its "One Ford" approach to redesign the next generation Fusion to be similar to the next gen European Ford Mondeo. Maybe an Ecoboost V6 will be part of the engine lineup then.

By the way, that is quite a nice stable of Ford products that you have. The Raptor is a very cool truck.

Other than the Shelbys, I had a 2002 F250, but it had many a mile and was my company truck (road construction), and it had some hard days on it. I needed something a little bigger in 2008, so I went with the Tundra I have now. If Ford had been building the supercrew Raptors like now, I would have got one of those in a NY minute. Now I have to find an excuse to get rid of the Tundra to get into one of those...but I will sooner or later.:drool:

That said, most of our vehicles are CAT. :play:

:hysterical:

Current Fusion indeed has AWD. However, although a nice car, I would not necessarily call it a performance sedan. My idea would be more along the line of what they did with the SHO, only smaller. An all wheel drive Fusion with the Ecoboost V6 and around 350hp could give me a good reason to trade my 10 year old Audi. My thought is that Ford will use its "One Ford" approach to redesign the next generation Fusion to be similar to the next gen European Ford Mondeo. Maybe an Ecoboost V6 will be part of the engine lineup then.

By the way, that is quite a nice stable of Ford products that you have. The Raptor is a very cool truck.

Thanks......I love that Raptor. It is the most comfortable truck I have driven so far. I would rather tow the Shelby than drive it on long trips.

I don't think Ford will make anything to compete with the SHO. I am sure the Fusion will offer an eco-boost engine but I think it will be a 4 cylinder version. I love the way the Fusion rides and handles for a car its size. I talked to john Clor about a year and a half ago about making something more out of the Fusion simular to the SHO. He agreed with me that there needs to be something because that would put it in the more affordable range for a lot of people who can't afford the Taurus SHO. I did go back to the Ford site and they show that the Sport version of the Fusion is AWD with the 3.5L and select shift. I don't know the HP ratings of the 3.5L.

Almost....

Wife and I:

2000 Mustang Coupe

2002 Durango 4x4

2007 Focus ZX3

2008 Shelby GT

Daughter & Son-in-law:

2005 Focus ZX4

2006 Explorer

Granddaughter:

2007 Power Wheels Mustang GT Convertible

Grandson:

2009 Power Wheels F-150

Son & Daughter-in-law:

2000 Mustang GT Convertible

2008 Edge

2011 Fiesta

Son:

1998 Mustang GT

1997 Ranger

I have alot of fords lol. I have taken a strange liking to the fox mercury capri as well.

my latest purchase though is a 2011 f150 fx4 luxury pkg. ingot silver crew cab. has everything you can put on an fx4. just got it 2 weeks ago tmo.

Nice truck freak

I was gonna get the same truck but opted for the Fusion for gas milage reasons

My family is Ford people,

There is 3 F-150's (97, 00, 04)

03 Ford Explorer

69 Mustang

40 Ford Tudor Street Rod

However Im looking in changing from a Ford to a something else, Im looking into getting a Dodge Ram SRT10 ~who doesnt want a 500 HP truck? :hysterical:~

My dad has an SRT-10, it is very fast but he only averages 9 MPG.

I replaced my 2001 7.3L F250 with a 2011 6.7L F250.

My wife drives a 2011 Edge Sport.

The 2007 Shelby GT is her car that I like to do autoX with and occasionally track. She wants me to stop running her SGT for what it was designed to do (rip around a track) and get my own Boss 302 to replace my 2007 GT500 that I sold this spring.

It just didn't seem to make sense to have 2 Mustangs parked for 7 months and only driven during such a short summer season. Well that totally responsible line of thinking turned out to be awfully stupid. :finger:

Here is my list of Ford products

2010 Fusion Sport (Daily Driver)

2008 GT-500

2007 Mercury Mariner (wifeys ride)

1997 F-250 Turbo Diesel (tow/shop truck)

1983 Mercury Capri (SCCA race car)

1969 Mach 1

1968 Mercury Cougar XR7-G

1967 Mercury Cougar (BME Trans Am Tribute)

Lets see:

2005 Ford Mustang GT (First Ford and my Daily Driver)

1965 Ford Mustang (Full restoration in process)

1976 Pontiac Trans Am (No, this is not the Bandit car; Full restoration in process)

2007 Toyota Yaris (Wife-mobile, but I do drive it occasionally)

Nope.........my old lady is a GM nut case. We have Chevy's, Dodges, Mercury, and Ford. Everytime the Chevy's crap out I always say....."there's your GM quality".

This summer her AC went out in her 2008 Trailblazer, turn's out a line under the frame/body rusted out, they want 2000.00 to fix it......"there's your GM quality"!!!!!

nope my ford stock has been slipping. went from

93 reef/titanium gt

86 yellow coupe

88 hatch lx

88 hatch 1/4 mile car

03 gt

09 gt500

04 hummer h2

90 k5 gmc

in the last year ive sold all the mustangs but the shelby and still have the h2 and the k5. wish i could have found a place with the garage space i needed but that wasnt the case for now. im sure my collection will get back on track soon

We are an all FORD family I still have my first car a 1967 mustang fastback GTA the wife drives a mercury milan my son has a 2007 mustang gt his wife drives a 06 focus my daily driver is a 94 ranger I also have a 1979 mustang pace car that I bought new it has 23000 miles on it now. And my 2007 gt500 that I bought in oct. of 06 I have driven FORDS all of my life I have had a 1963&1/2 galixe 390 2} 65 mustangs 1 of which was a convertaible a 74 mustang 2 a 76 cobra 2 a 91 F-150 an 86 mustang GT convert. a 91 F-150 a 88 taurus lx 91 sho taurus a 94 sho taurus a 2004 F-150 lightning and a 2006 Eddie Bauer Expedition I AM a major FORD person. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Nope, I've been a GM man for many years. I've owned a few Fords over the years and in fact my first car was 1953 Custom 2dr inline 6 w/overdrive three on the tree.

Last Ford I owned was an 86 Tarus (wife's car).

Right now: 2012 Shelby, 2010 Silverado 2500 HD crew cab, 4X4, 1970 Monte Carlo, ZZ502, TH400 3500 stall, 3:73, and 1965 C-10 Pick-up short box, wide side.

Traded a 2010 Camaro SS/RS for the Shelby. No comparison!

Absolutely!

First came the GT500...

IMG_1080.jpg

Then came the 2010 Focus SE (5-speed)...

IMG_1753.jpg

And the latest is my wife's 2011 F-150 Lariat 4X4 EcoBoost (shown here towing her horse trailer)...

IMAG0097-1.jpg

We're finally an all-Ford family! Next is a 2012-2013 C-MAX Energi for me (my commuter car), so my wife can commute in the Focus (she misses stick shift), and hopefully soon a 1996-2001 SVT Cobra as a dedicated track car. :happy feet:

Archived