TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Forged Aluminum Wheel Repair

dffej51

I have a 2010 Shelby GT 500 with the stock forged aluminum grey wheels. Does anyone know if their is a 'touch up' type kit that can be used to repair a 1 inch by half inch gouge in the wheel? I would hate to have to replace the wheel for such a small gouge as I would imagine the cost is significant. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to take care of this without the expense of a replacement? Thanks.

Dark Shadow Grey is real close from autozone or w/e sells the mfg. paint/pen type touch ups. I used it and realized I'd like it a little more perfect, sanded smooth etc, so I'm going to use a place here in Houston called Rollos they've been around for a long time and myself and my friends have had great success using them. They give you a loaner wheel (since they sell them) while they repair yours (24-48 hrs usually). Cost an avg. of $125 - 175.00. Good luck!

I have a 2010 Shelby GT 500 with the stock forged aluminum grey wheels. Does anyone know if their is a 'touch up' type kit that can be used to repair a 1 inch by half inch gouge in the wheel? I would hate to have to replace the wheel for such a small gouge as I would imagine the cost is significant. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to take care of this without the expense of a replacement? Thanks.

there are wheel shops out there that fix these rims , a friend of mine just hit a curb and had it repaired like new

Dark Shadow Grey is real close from autozone or w/e sells the mfg. paint/pen type touch ups. I used it and realized I'd like it a little more perfect, sanded smooth etc, so I'm going to use a place here in Houston called Rollos they've been around for a long time and myself and my friends have had great success using them. They give you a loaner wheel (since they sell them) while they repair yours (24-48 hrs usually). Cost an avg. of $125 - 175.00. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice on using Dark Shadow Grey to touch up my wheels until I get them repaired at a shop. The color is a great match and will definitely work for now.

Also, don't underestimate the services of a good body shop. Provided the damage hasn't affected the wheel structurally or geometrically, repairing a wheel requires the same kind of filling and finishing as the rest of the body.

There is a company call Rim Guard, it is a mobile rim repair service, they have locations throughout the US. Google them and you will find them, most of your dealers uses them, they come to you and when they are done you cannot tell that your rim was damaged.

Archived