TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mod opinions please...

dancap3286

Hello all. I'm looking to do a few engine mods to my 2010 GT500 such as replacing the stock CAI, pulley upgrade, SCT tuned on a dyno and also gonna replace the pipes as well. I hear conflicting opinions on this but should I replace the stock HE as well?? I'll tell you that I do not run my car at the track and don't really abuse it too much as well. I would like to have some increase HP ratings though just because I can LOL! The guy doin the mods says I really don't need to replace the HE as all it will do is make the car more consistant. If I do replace it I'll probably go with the C&L dual pass exchanger. So what do you think? Am I looking to spend $$$$ unecessarily or should I skip the HE mod?

Hello Dancap and welcome to the forums. congratulations on the new car. As far as recommending mods for your car, I would suggest calling Justin at vmp for pulley and tune. He is a vendor here on TS. As far as the heat exchanger goes, I have got one on my 2010 and have not seen my gauge move past the quarter mark. If you live where there is a lot of traffic then you will notice some power loss until things cool down. It all depends on what you want to do to your car, if you are going for the extra HP I would suggest the H/E for sure, it will give you more consistent power especially with a pulley tune, and will be there for you when you decide to go to big HP supercharger. I say that WHEN you decide on a supercharger because once you start modding you cant stop, very addictive. Good luck and let us know what you decide and get some pictures up.

Hello Dancap and welcome to the forums. congratulations on the new car. As far as recommending mods for your car, I would suggest calling Justin at vmp for pulley and tune. He is a vendor here on TS. As far as the heat exchanger goes, I have got one on my 2010 and have not seen my gauge move past the quarter mark. If you live where there is a lot of traffic then you will notice some power loss until things cool down. It all depends on what you want to do to your car, if you are going for the extra HP I would suggest the H/E for sure, it will give you more consistent power especially with a pulley tune, and will be there for you when you decide to go to big HP supercharger. I say that WHEN you decide on a supercharger because once you start modding you cant stop, very addictive. Good luck and let us know what you decide and get some pictures up.

appreciate the help on this. BTW we have the same car, I just can't tell from your avatar if the stripes are white or silver? Mine are silver with quarter window louvers and rear window louvers from MRT painted to match and striped just like the car. I also replaced all the black plastic moldings with carbon fiber. I think after seeing these posts I'll probably go with the heat exchanger, tons of traffic here in NYC! Thanks again.

post-28099-0-10991900-1310002330_thumb.jpg

post-28099-0-56514900-1310003342_thumb.jpg

post-28099-0-10991900-1310002330_thumb.jpg

post-28099-0-56514900-1310003342_thumb.jpg

Archived