TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAI...... I need your help!!!!! Please.

Well after a 30 month ordeal to bring my 07 GT-H home (into Canada) I have hit one final road block.

I need to turn my Daytime running lights on in order to pass a government inspection so that I may register my car in Canada. I actually did this 4 weeks ago on a 93 Mustang GT with a kit I bought over the shelf and I had no problem. Well I used the same kit on my 07 GT-H and wired it the same way and I can only get the passenger side lights to work ( I wired the kit onto the passenger side and only these will work. I think the 07 GT-H has headlights on separate circuits). So this will obviously not pass, only having passenger day time running lights.

I have also taken the car down to my friend at Ford and he figures that the module in the car has been flashed/tuned by Shelby so he can not access the module with his Ford computer to reprogram it in order to turn the daytime running lights on.

I am sick and tired of the government song and dance I have been through in the past 2 1/2 years, so please......... please........ helpful and generous Shelby friends, is there someone I could contact at SAI to flash my module to activate my daytime running lights? I'm coming down to Vegas on Friday for 2 weeks and could bring it with me. Please generous and wise Shelby friends, can you help me with this? Can I call someone at SAI and beg for sweet, sweet mercy? :wacko:

QSS

P.S. Where the heck is the module located AND can I take it out so I can indeed get it flashed in order to turn the daytime running lights on?

I registered my 08 GT500 in Canada (American Car bought new in May 08) and have no daytime running lights....The Canadian Tire guy gave me the Federal Cert.

Hey Larry and Bud,

the GT-H daytime lights are on my list of things to do this week. As of yet I have not taken the car to my friend at the local Ford dealer do it. I have spent the last 2 days walking around funny cause I put my back out Monday and according to my wife I look like "I have a stick up my butt". She's so caring. :D

Anyway, I hope to get there Thursday or Friday and I'll let you know how it all works out.

Thanks guys.

QSS

You mean thats not normally the way you walk around ????

:hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

from what i understand it is a program on the processor i had an 06 gt with the stupid things on and i took it to ford and they reprogrammed the processor and then they were off so i would assume they could do the same for you???

from what i understand it is a program on the processor i had an 06 gt with the stupid things on and i took it to ford and they reprogrammed the processor and then they were off so i would assume they could do the same for you???

You are correct sir. I took my car to my friend who is a parts manager at the local Ford dealer last week and we worked on it for 3 hours on Monday the 8th of August. We had no luck getting the daytime running lights on.

On Tuesday, my friend called ford and a helpful TECH gave us some new programming and Bingo, I now have daytime running lights. I went for my federal inspection last Thursday and I passed that with no problems. I will be going for my provincial inspection this week and I expect no issues soooooooooooooooooooo, everything should be smooth as silk.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?????? :wacko:

QSS

Federal, provincial.....wow...sounds pretty tough.

Here in San Antonio, you go to a small tire shop, slip the guy a $20, and he just hands you an inspection sticker to take home and put on your car. (okay, well, its got a little harder the last 10 years, but thats how it used to be) Still no emissions BS like you get in Hou or Dal.

I've brought 4 cars from the US into Canada in the past 8 years and I have to admit, the Canadian government has sure become somewhat of a pain in the butt recently.

I am pretty sure this has to do with 2 issues:

1 - the Canadian dollar is on par with the US dollar.

2 - Vehicles are less money to buy in the US than a comparable car in Canada. (this is not true in all cases but regarding the cars I look for, it certainly does apply).

So the Canadian Government is making it more difficult to bring cars into Canada from the US. So much for NAFTA.

Anyway, the whole journey is almost over and I have to send out a big "THANKS" to Bud (former SAI "Grand Master Tunner") for helping me with all this. He sent me some reprogramming information and got me going in the correct direction in order to get my daytime running lights on so I could indeed pass my government inspection.

Thanks again Bud.

QSS

Archived