TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAI...... I need your help!!!!! Please.

Well after a 30 month ordeal to bring my 07 GT-H home (into Canada) I have hit one final road block.

I need to turn my Daytime running lights on in order to pass a government inspection so that I may register my car in Canada. I actually did this 4 weeks ago on a 93 Mustang GT with a kit I bought over the shelf and I had no problem. Well I used the same kit on my 07 GT-H and wired it the same way and I can only get the passenger side lights to work ( I wired the kit onto the passenger side and only these will work. I think the 07 GT-H has headlights on separate circuits). So this will obviously not pass, only having passenger day time running lights.

I have also taken the car down to my friend at Ford and he figures that the module in the car has been flashed/tuned by Shelby so he can not access the module with his Ford computer to reprogram it in order to turn the daytime running lights on.

I am sick and tired of the government song and dance I have been through in the past 2 1/2 years, so please......... please........ helpful and generous Shelby friends, is there someone I could contact at SAI to flash my module to activate my daytime running lights? I'm coming down to Vegas on Friday for 2 weeks and could bring it with me. Please generous and wise Shelby friends, can you help me with this? Can I call someone at SAI and beg for sweet, sweet mercy? :wacko:

QSS

P.S. Where the heck is the module located AND can I take it out so I can indeed get it flashed in order to turn the daytime running lights on?

I can set up daytime lights on my 1999 jeep and 2004 Dodge 1500 truck from the instructions in the owners manual. It would seem to me that this is just a matter of programming from the "operators console". Some of the setups require a whole bunch of taps on the brake pedal and switching the key off and on within 10 seconds and similar goofy sequences that don't happen in nature, but it is doable... Have you checked your owners manual?

I can set up daytime lights on my 1999 jeep and 2004 Dodge 1500 truck from the instructions in the owners manual. It would seem to me that this is just a matter of programming from the "operators console". Some of the setups require a whole bunch of taps on the brake pedal and switching the key off and on within 10 seconds and similar goofy sequences that don't happen in nature, but it is doable... Have you checked your owners manual?

I did indeed check the owners manual along with a google search. The owners manual talks about day time running lights and it states that they will indeed function " only if equipped". Unfortunately my car is a US delivered car so it was not equipped from the start. I'd give five bucks for one of these "goofy sequences" that could help me get these babies on.

QSS

I did indeed check the owners manual along with a google search. The owners manual talks about day time running lights and it states that they will indeed function " only if equipped". Unfortunately my car is a US delivered car so it was not equipped from the start. I'd give five bucks for one of these "goofy sequences" that could help me get these babies on.

QSS

If you can, PM me or email me Bud's email addy your VIN# and I will try to have an answer for you later today. It may be just as easy as adding a relay into the fuse box. According to the repair manual, it tells me that you have to set up the SJB (smart junction box--aka--fuse box), but it doesn't say to reflash the module.

Bud

If you can, PM me or email me Bud's email addy your VIN# and I will try to have an answer for you later today. It may be just as easy as adding a relay into the fuse box. According to the repair manual, it tells me that you have to set up the SJB (smart junction box--aka--fuse box), but it doesn't say to reflash the module.

Bud

Thanks Bud,

I all excited now :drool: I really appreciate the help.

QSS

Bud is the best!!!

Bud, do you still have your SGT? I miss mine alot.

Hi Tony!!!!!!!

I sure do!!!!!! I don't drive her as much as I did when I was in Vegas, but still got her :) I think I may have put on around 2,000 or less miles since last July. Having a company car sure does help out LOL

Bud

Bud

The Budman STILL helping from behind the scenes. There is yet another reason you will always be a valuable resource to all of us

especially those who are honored to call you FRIEND!

Hope all is well in your world BUD and sorry I miised you at Carlisle.....I was there but didnt know you were till afterwards......

Wicked Nationals August 6th....we would be thrilled if you could join us....... :shift:

The Budman STILL helping from behind the scenes. There is yet another reason you will always be a valuable resource to all of us

especially those who are honored to call you FRIEND!

Hope all is well in your world BUD and sorry I miised you at Carlisle.....I was there but didnt know you were till afterwards......

Wicked Nationals August 6th....we would be thrilled if you could join us....... :shift:

A big +1 for our friend Budman................ :superhero:

I was looking thru some pics I took during one of my many Vegas trips a few years back and came across a 2008 SGT parked by the side door of SAI. This is my only pic. of the Budmobile as he moved on shortly thereafter.

Glad to see you're still watching us, Bud. Lord knows we need it. :salute:

Ford dealer in Canada can do and it does not mess with the tune. Your ford dealer has to contact Ford Canada and provide them with the importation # in order for them to release the code. It has to do with gas mileage regulations. your gas mileage will be reduced when you turn the lights on. My 07 is from the US had to jump through those hoops.

Bud

:worship:

:happy feet:

Hi all!!!!!

Thanks for all the kudo's :) Missed you all too!!!!!And ya never know when you might get a random call from me LOL And Michael, sorry I missed ya too at Carlisle---I didn't know you (and Helaina) were there till after I came back home :( Gonna make plans for next year though :)

QSS---did you find an answer yet? Did you zip me your VIN# ? If so, I may have missed it. I would have used my VIN#, but it's an 08 with HID headlights and it may be a different set up.

Or if somebody can email or PM me their 07SGTVIN# I can still try and look it up for ya :)Bud's email addy

Bud

Hi Bud,

good to hear from you. email is on the way now. Thanks for the effort.

QSS

Hi Doug,

I got your email, THANKS!!!!! I should have an answer for you sometime today. Now, if its just a relay--easy to do. IF, it needs to be "turned" on, I will email one of the tech's at SAI to see if they can do it or not. They may not have the correct tool to do this. Either way, I will let ya know :)

Bud

Hi all!!!!!

Thanks for all the kudo's :) Missed you all too!!!!!And ya never know when you might get a random call from me LOL And Michael, sorry I missed ya too at Carlisle---I didn't know you (and Helaina) were there till after I came back home :( Gonna make plans for next year though :)

QSS---did you find an answer yet? Did you zip me your VIN# ? If so, I may have missed it. I would have used my VIN#, but it's an 08 with HID headlights and it may be a different set up.

Or if somebody can email or PM me their 07SGTVIN# I can still try and look it up for ya :)Bud's email addy

Bud

Hey here's a question for you would halo lights like the bimmers be considered as day time lights ??? If you have to spend dollars you can get the headlights on ebay for a good price !!

Hi Doug,

I got your email, THANKS!!!!! I should have an answer for you sometime today. Now, if its just a relay--easy to do. IF, it needs to be "turned" on, I will email one of the tech's at SAI to see if they can do it or not. They may not have the correct tool to do this. Either way, I will let ya know :)

Bud

Thanks Bud,

I'm looking forward to putting this issue behind me and enjoying my GT-H. It's always a pleasure to work with the pros :)

QSS

Hi Doug,

Bud

Well Hi to you too Bud!!! How did you know I was reading this post?!?!?!? I got excited when I saw that someone wanted to get flashed!!!! Then once I started reading I figured it out .... :banghead::doh: I feel so stupid...... :banghead::confused:

:hysterical:

Life is too short to be serious!

Well Hi to you too Bud!!! How did you know I was reading this post?!?!?!? I got excited when I saw that someone wanted to get flashed!!!! Then once I started reading I figured it out .... :banghead::doh: I feel so stupid...... :banghead::confused:

:hysterical:

Life is too short to be serious!

Hi Doug :)

here, I'll flash ya too :camera::hysterical2:

• 4 weeks later...

Well after a 30 month ordeal to bring my 07 GT-H home (into Canada) I have hit one final road block.

I need to turn my Daytime running lights on in order to pass a government inspection so that I may register my car in Canada. I actually did this 4 weeks ago on a 93 Mustang GT with a kit I bought over the shelf and I had no problem. Well I used the same kit on my 07 GT-H and wired it the same way and I can only get the passenger side lights to work ( I wired the kit onto the passenger side and only these will work. I think the 07 GT-H has headlights on separate circuits). So this will obviously not pass, only having passenger day time running lights.

I have also taken the car down to my friend at Ford and he figures that the module in the car has been flashed/tuned by Shelby so he can not access the module with his Ford computer to reprogram it in order to turn the daytime running lights on.

I am sick and tired of the government song and dance I have been through in the past 2 1/2 years, so please......... please........ helpful and generous Shelby friends, is there someone I could contact at SAI to flash my module to activate my daytime running lights? I'm coming down to Vegas on Friday for 2 weeks and could bring it with me. Please generous and wise Shelby friends, can you help me with this? Can I call someone at SAI and beg for sweet, sweet mercy? :wacko:

QSS

P.S. Where the heck is the module located AND can I take it out so I can indeed get it flashed in order to turn the daytime running lights on?

Hi I have a U.S. 08 gt500 and needed running lights to certify. My unit has HID lights and cannot be converted to running lights after assembly. My dealer plugged into the module and I have the parking and rear lamps working when car is running. Car certified with no problem at all.Hope this helps

Any update yet on your GT-H?

Well, right before he went on vacation :) I got the info he needed to have the lights turned on. For some reason, Ford needed to have his info pertaining to his vehicle going into Canada. After I got the correct info, I was then able to get the instructions and the code (VIN specific) for himto have the ECU "reflashed" and "relearned" so that the daylight running lights will work. Then after sending the info to Ford, they will inturn redo the build info in their system to reflect the change. I think Doug should be back from his vacation soon and hopefully will let us know how it all works out for him :)

Bud

Hey Larry and Bud,

the GT-H daytime lights are on my list of things to do this week. As of yet I have not taken the car to my friend at the local Ford dealer do it. I have spent the last 2 days walking around funny cause I put my back out Monday and according to my wife I look like "I have a stick up my butt". She's so caring. :D

Anyway, I hope to get there Thursday or Friday and I'll let you know how it all works out.

Thanks guys.

QSS

QSS

ford dealer can do it. you can't turn the Canadian running lights on but he can program the module so that the parking lights ( front an rear ) stay on and that will pass govt regulation. My '08 gt500 is a US car and the parking light change was done by my dealer in about 5 minutes

Archived