TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Total loss 2008 Shelby GT Convertible

khughes1

Car accident Total loss 2008 Shelby GT Convertible

Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificate 08SGT1382 and Shelby - VIN: 1ZVHT85H485143889.

The car coming from the opposite direct make a left turn at a red light. She turn in front of the car in front of me. His Honda CR-v went over her hood and flipped backwards and came through my windshield and down on to the left side of the vehicle bending the frame and cause a total loss. My Insurance Company (Nationwide and her Gieco said the call worth is only $28,535.00 not enough to replace the vehicle in my mind. All I got was a black eye, bloody, noise, small glass cut all over my left arm, and very burse up left arm and shoulder.

Shelby Registry Vehicle Authenticity Certificate 08SGT1382 and Shelby - VIN: 1ZVHT85H485143889.

The car coming from the opposite direct make a left turn at a red light. She turn in front of the car in front of me. His Honda CR-v went over her hood and flipped backwards and came through my windshield and down on to the left side of the vehicle bending the frame and cause a total loss. My Insurance Company (Nationwide and her Gieco said the call worth is only $28,535.00 not enough to replace the vehicle in my mind. All I got was a black eye, bloody, noise, small glass cut all over my left arm, and very burse up left arm and shoulder.

Good of you to report it and glad you're ok. Was she on her cell phone ?

I'm not trying to get in your business and not knowing how many miles are on your car, you might want to ask your adjuster to do a market survey for similar equipped SGTs for sale on some of the websites. You should also negotiate the cost of a rental car and your personal injuries. I think you might have enough going to get enough to buy one hopefully for the same money. Don't forget the sales tax when you settle as you will have to pay that too.

The most important thing that I see based on my experience is you are okay, this type of accident could have been a fatality with any of the drivers involved. Make sure you get a copy of the accident report and inquire as to what type of insurance they are carrying. You should not have to pay your own medical either if you had to go to the doctor to get checked out. Good luck on finding another.........

GG

You have a great case for a diminished value claim...

Google diminished value and see what you find...it sounds like a pain in the rear, but could help you recover enough to get a new car...especially if you're not at fault.

you're entitled to be made "whole"...so stick to your guns!

Just be glad that your still alive. Like my Dad used to say to me " You can always replace the car , but not a son ". I am sure you will get thngs worked out with the insurance company so do not sweat it out. Just be glad that God was looking out for

you !!! :happy feet:

Respecfully,

Scotty G.

Archived